• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Meh

Sahil Kapur ‏@sahilkapur 6m6 minutes ago
New CNN/ORC polls

NORTH CAROLINA
Clinton 44%
Trump 43%

Burr 49%
Ross 46%

ARIZONA
Trump 43%
Clinton 38%

McCain 52%
Kirkpatrick 39%

Retro

FFVI > FFVII > FFIX > * > FFVIII > Crystal Chronicles > Bed sores > FFX > FFX2

X is straight garbage and the sole reason I gave up on the series entirely. Come at me.

Is what I hear when you all talk about FF what straight guys hear when I talk about Cher and drag queens?

Semi-relevant:
Mz08u.jpg

I read the first story and there are only two paragraphs with actual substantive criticisms of his views and none of them would indicate the type self hating racism that would justify calling him a coon or comparing him to Milo. Ill try to get to the second story but it sounds like the same hearsay about his alleged embellishment of his past from the first story.
It's not hearsay. It fits the pattern of this "informer" characters like Nawaz and Ayan Hirsi, who have lied/embellished their past to appear as honest informers for the white man about the dangers of the foreign musselman. They serve to reinforce the idea of fear and uncertainty about the other. And make shit fuckton of money along the way.

https://islamophobianetwork.com

Snake

I'm starting to get a little worried, guys.

Breitbart is circulating a rumor that Trump has found a way to the Floating Continent, and Steve Banon used to be with the Returners so it seems credible enough. If he gets the Goddess Statues, it's fucking over.

remist

Yes, it does. It's a despicable tweet, that clearly shows his deep hatred, contempt, and lack of respect for the hijab, demanding that women take it off out of solidarity with women burned by acid (how the fuck does that make sense?) and implying that if they don't, if they wish to remain true to their principles and NOT take off the hijab, then they somehow agree with or are ok with acid torture.

Beyond the tweet, this guy is only loved by the ultra right-wing, and islamophobes. What does that tell you? Like many others, he has made a career out of his Islam bashing. Like the others (Walid Shoebat, Bridgette Gabrielle, etc), he's also a fraud and a con-man, who is simply monetizing a cottage industry of hate while ludicrously pretending he's "moderate" or a "reformer", while shitting on Islam and Muslims at every opportunity, in every way, and telling those that hate Muslims exactly what they want to hear.

My question to you is why you're such a rabid defender of this person. Is it because you also share his vitriolic hatred of Islam and all Muslims, and therefore agree with his hatred, mockery, and attacks? That's the only plausible explanation.
Not that I even agree with the tweet, but your strawmaning it as a "demand" and your pulling implications of his judgment of women who dont agree with him out of thin air is nonsensical. Then your post is more guilt by association. He is a political and extremist Islamist basher and not a Muslim basher. I'm defending him from attacks calling him a coon. Not because I agree with everything he says(I don't) but because there is no evidence of him being a self hating muslim bigot.

I'm starting to get a little worried, guys.

Breitbart is circulating a rumor that Trump has found a way to the Floating Continent, and Steve Banon used to be with the Returners so it seems credible enough. If he gets the Goddess Statues, it's fucking over.

Trump's key to Making America Great Again is just the Relm glitch, isn't it?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Well shit man lol. But you can only worry about how you'll vote and hopefully things work out for us. The past couple of years have shown me that people I thought were cool and decent are really shitty people.

These are all good people more or less, except for my brother, but yeah, I've just learned that I can really only talk politics with likeminded people here. Everything else gets too heated. The Dems that are here are way left, like my buddy that thinks Hillary murdered Vince Foster and that the exit polls are a smoking gun that proves Hillary cheated, and the right is real far right. There are so few moderate R's or D's in Idaho. Nearly everyone has felt the freedom, either through assured victory on the right, or through assured defeat on the left that there is no compromise. I love all of them, we just have to keep it apolitical.

I've got my work cut out for me on that last front. My best friend wants to vote for Trump because he thinks it would be funny. My other buddy brings up exit polls, recounts, and Vince Foster when I talk about getting in line and voting his conscience. My brother is a climate change denying, anti-vaxing, alcoholic libertarian that is too hungover to show up to work most of the time, my mother is the regional director of a crisis pregnancy center that focuses on taking women out of abortions, and every time I walk into my dad's office to talk about a project we are working on, he is watching Fox News.

Welcome to Idaho.
Honestly, I'm more impressed with my conservative friends here than my liberal ones. My (admittedly college educated) conservative friends still refuse Trump while my Dem friends are still in "Hillary is corrupt and evil!!!!!11!!" mode. I'd think living in Idaho would teach them to take victories where they can but uh, nope.

Um, what's a "new" atheist? How is it different from a plain atheist?

New Atheists are basically the Evangelicals of Atheism. Richard Dawkins is the best example. They're atheists who are publicly proudly so, instead of just kind of secret deists or whatever. They also are pushers of the "atheism is the solution to all the worlds problems because without religion there would be no wars etc." argument.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FF V doesn't have an offensive plot either. It's about a demon tree created by an ooze of evil trying to recombine two worlds by destroying some crystals.

remist

If new Atheist had any meaning before, it's now devolved into a contentless pejorative like SJW as you can see from posts in this thread.

Hazmat

Trump's key to Making America Great Again is just the Relm glitch, isn't it?

Trump kind of is Ultros, isn't he? He kept insisting he was the best, tried to ruin everyone's day by attacking a blonde woman, and after being handed loss after loss he settled for catering to the lowest common denominator in trash entertainment.

Don't tease the octopus, kids. Sad!

Is this the group that Dawkins now falls in since he's started saying really embarrassing things?

yes.

Well it was kinda backwards. These people came out in the early-late aughts and then their "fans" became super racist and obsessed with Islam and it kinda ended up eating them up in it.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Honestly, I'm more impressed with my conservative friends here than my liberal ones. My (admittedly college educated) conservative friends still refuse Trump while my Dem friends are still in "Hillary is corrupt and evil!!!!!11!!" mode. I'd think living in Idaho would teach them to take victories where they can but uh, nope.

Totally. My buddies on the left are mostly Bernie or Bust, while my parents just say they won't vote and my brother is going for Gary Johnson. Outside of my best friend who is voting for Trump ironically, I don't know a single Trump supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom