• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually what I was referring to. There is a decrease in the gap between them. It isn't a ton, but it's happening.

From the convention until, let's say two weeks ago, we had the best of the best polling. We had ABC News/WSJ, Marist, NBC News/WSJ, and Fox News. These pollstes are highly rated, and they showed good numbers for Hillary. They haven't been in the field since. In the last two weeks, the best poll we've had is the IPSOS poll that shows her steady from the end of July.

What we have had is a collection of online polls, Morning Consult and Gravis. I'm not saying they're wrong or we should ignore them, but, like. marginal tightening (around a point) that is the result of shitting polls being weighted more heavily versus newer polls that aren't as good, isn't that big of a deal. Especially when state polls aren't showing any movement towards Trump.

I don't know why yuu nerds are arguing about which Final Fantasy game is best. They're all trash.

Wilsongt

From the convention until, let's say two weeks ago, we had the best of the best polling. We had ABC News/WSJ, Marist, NBC News/WSJ, and Fox News. These pollstes are highly rated, and they showed good numbers for Hillary. They haven't been in the field since. In the last two weeks, the best poll we've had is the IPSOS poll that shows her steady from the end of July.

What we have had is a collection of online polls, Morning Consult and Gravis. I'm not saying they're wrong or we should ignore them, but, like. marginal tightening (around a point) that is the result of shitting polls being weighted more heavily versus newer polls that aren't as good, isn't that big of a deal. Especially when state polls aren't showing any movement towards Trump.

I don't know why yuu nerds are arguing about which Final Fantasy game is best. They're all trash.

Girl....

Bye Felicia, with your non-Link to the Past loving self.

Iolo

WaPo 2016 Aug 22 said:
"Our government has totally failed our African American friends, our Hispanic friends and the people of our country. Period," Trump said in Akron, Ohio, straying from the prepared remarks the campaign provided to reporters. "The Democrats have failed completely in the inner cities. For those hurting the most who have been failed and failed by their politician — year after year, failure after failure, worse numbers after worse numbers. Poverty. Rejection. Horrible education. No housing, no homes, no ownership. Crime at levels that nobody has seen. You can go to war zones in countries that we are fighting and it's safer than living in some of our inner cities that are run by the Democrats. And I ask you this, I ask you this — crime, all of the problems — to the African Americans, who I employ so many, so many people, to the Hispanics, tremendous people: What the hell do you have to lose? Give me a chance. I'll straighten it out. I'll straighten it out. What do you have to lose?"

Where have I heard this before?

NYT 1988 Nov 04 said:
Mr. Dukakis was introduced today by much of New York's Democratic hierarchy, including Mayor Koch and Governor Cuomo. The New York Governor described Mr. Dukakis as ''the courageous, the intelligent, the hard-working next President of the United States,'' who would prove that a son of immigrants could attain that office by discipline and hard work.

Mayor Koch, who referred to the Republican ticket as ''Bush and the Manchurian candidate,'' urged New York Democrats to remember ''the urban agenda.''

''What we are saying is, give Dukakis a chance,'' Mr. Koch added. ''The urban agenda - the Republican Party doesn't give a damn about the urban agenda, because they turned their backs a long time ago on the people of the cities of America.''

Where have I heard this before?

Dude literally cannot stay on message at all. How long did this pivot last? 5 days? This is why Hillary's campaign hasn't been doing much nationally (they're actually doing a shitton at the state level); why bother when the guy will attack himself every few days? If you need to prod, do so, but I don't see how that ever happens.

Trump is that guy in Halo who keeps using the rocket launcher too close to cover. You could work out some tactics to beat him, but why bother when he'll just suicide every 20 seconds with his own weapon?

Yeah, I think it's time for Hillary to start getting more aggressive about some of this stuff. Taking a bit of a hands off approach and letting Trump take all the attention was good for a while but it may have run its course at this point.

remist

Talib Greene explains "one of the good ones" to New Atheists.

https://twitter.com/TalibKweli/status/767708170953326592

One of the leaders of the modern Nazi movement is gay and Jewish, but Sam Harris still apparently doesn't understand what "one of the good ones" is.
Are you really defending Talib's treatment of Maajid Nawaz? What has he done that makes it appropriate to call him a coon and compare him to Nazi leaders. Examples of "one of the good ones" may exist. That doesnt make it appropriate to apply that label to maajid. Almost everything Talib says on this topic is incoherent.

I'd probably agree with Final Fantasy XII having the best gameplay in the series. Overall the game felt a little haphazardly put together (perhaps not surprising given its troubled development) but Final Fantasy was getting stale and needed shaking up. Things seem to be heading in the wrong direction now but there was a lot to like with FFXII.

Dierce

Yeah, I think it's time for Hillary to start getting more aggressive about some of this stuff. Taking a bit of a hands off approach and letting Trump take all the attention was good for a while but it may have run its course at this point.

Exactly, not only be more aggressive, all this crap orange turd throws at Clinton is a projection of his own worst qualities and deficiencies. I don't know if he does this on purpose but frankly, he is a very stupid person.

So he brings up the Clinton Foundation as some sort of corrupt enterprise but what about his own business? What does he plan to do with it if darkness and evil triumphs in the world and he wins? The Clinton Foundation is a non profit while he has vested personal interest in his business growing in order to accumulate wealth.

The Clinton campaign could effortlessly redirect the criticism swung her way as one from a oligarch trying to hide his own corrupt dealing who doesn't care about people that benefit from her foundation and only cares about accumulating more wealth. She can then follow up with a line she has said before 'for example by proposing massive taxcuts for billionaires and millionaires like himself. Hit orange turd right in the ego.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd probably agree with Final Fantasy XII having the best gameplay in the series. Overall the game felt a little haphazardly put together (perhaps not surprising given its troubled development) but Final Fantasy was getting stale and needed shaking up. Things seem to be heading in the wrong direction now but there was a lot to like with FFXII.

They should have been refining the formula set forth in FFXII, not abandoning it completely. Cannot wait for the Zodiac version.

The campaign took hit after hit after hit in July and then just casually napalmed Trump's entire run in the space of four days.

She's anywhere from 3 to 80 electoral votes over the line right now. The big guns have obviously and deliberately been put away for the time being. They are doing retail campaigning and groundwork. They will re-release the hounds in October. Relax.

I've been meaning to ask for the last 300 pages but didn't want to look like an idiot. Now I don't care anymore. What the fuck is with the Final Fantasy discussion in this thread?

CqpaW99UsAAty3G.jpg:large

OH RLY?

Are you really defending Talib's treatment of Maajid Nawaz? What has he done that makes it appropriate to call him a coon and compare him to Nazi leaders. Examples of "one of the good ones" may exist. That doesnt make it appropriate to apply that label to maajid. Almost everything Talib says on this topic is incoherent.

I wouldn't use the same language Talib has at all.

But, uhh, Maajid Nawaz clearly hates Muslims as much as David Clarke hates black people and as much as Milo hates gay people and Jews.

My Muslim sisters who support International Hijab day. Why not take off hijab to support acid victims like his too?

https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/679143328756183040

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been meaning to ask for the last 300 pages but didn't want to look like an idiot. Now I don't care anymore. What the fuck is with the Final Fantasy discussion in this thread?

We get bored between Trump fuck-ups. He conditioned us to survive on a diet of pure fuckery and when he withholds the goods we get a little antsy.

I dig this list of states (in descending order) that need some kind of polling from 538. Seriously, what are the odds that Trump comes in third in DC? 25%?

Cqpa18tWgAAxZYH.jpg

Majid Nawaz is a hypocritical douchebag piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom