• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chuck Todd saying the next step is GOP asking Trump to drop out. LOL

Good luck with that!!

Still not too late for RMoney or someone else to mount a last minute independent bid. I think the deadline is Sept. something?

Remember the idea they floated during the primaries of paying him $150 million to drop out? I'd say there's a chance it still happens.

Diablos

Noooo don't quit Trump
Don't quit

RNC quietly talking about a plan should they be able to get him to drop out

Nooooooo

Fear dark horse Kasich or Rubio!!!

So ABC reporting that Trump has to drop out if there's going to be a replacement. Can't force him out.

So not gonna happen.

Farmboy

Nah. Republicans fall in line and Hillary is weak against most of her potential rivals.

Don't flame out too soon Trump

Believe it or not, candidates have polled worse than Trump in August and rode out the election anyway.

He'll probably have a powwow with Ryan and Priebus, possibly with McCain and Pence present, endorse Ryan and McCain, promise not to launch an anti-Cruz Super PAC (as if he's really going to spend 10 million on anything), shut up about Khan and move on to the next gaffe.

Maledict

Because most of you grew up in the 80s, and the rest of us try our best not to remember that decade :p

GReatest era of music and fashion in history!

(Plus I was on the edge. I was *9* when the 80s ended... ;-). I want to be a millennial! )

((Or Generation Y as they were called before they got a better rebranding),

CCS

Banned

(Plus I was on the edge. I was *9* when the 80s ended... ;-). I want to be a millennial! )

You don't want to be a millennial, trust :p

Diablos

Do you guys really think he will quit? Why would he do that?
What if nearly the entire party turns against him? It's still August. Can he really go on this even more crazy crusade between now and Election Day? He's already isolated himself a lot post-DNC. It's possible he could flame out or get so crazy that the RNC does something unprecedented to force him out

He's like in self destruct mode right now. Himself, his campaign, the Republican Party.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I mean who would even replace him? How? Why? There are just too many questions.

And yes I agree that a kasich nom could be scary, but WHY would he get it? Why not Ted Cruz. Or like literally anyone. Joe the plumber.

AniHawk

And yes I agree that a kasich nom could be scary, but WHY would he get it? Why not Ted Cruz. Or like literally anyone. Joe the plumber.

george hw bush for that second term out of nowhere!

Not will, if. He's such a dumpster fire that reporters are looking at what it takes to replace him, but as posted, he has to drop out, and that's not gonna happen.

They're stuck with him.

Glenn Thrush ‏@GlennThrush 3m3 minutes ago South Kensington, MD
From Clinton advisor, pre-Philly: 'The way we win is to make this a referendum on Trump...question is whether he's dumb enough to cooperate'

Guess he is.

Haha this is going to make people diablos further, but the only way they could make it work would be to do it right now. The good thing for them would be that Trump has no campaign or good fundraising efforts. The only way this would happen would be if he somehow dropped into the 20s and his support with the base fell off a cliff. Luckily republicans will continue to support him.

Diablos

Vote your conscience kind of killed his future with Repubs imo.

Rubio and Kasich are next in line.

Trump doesn't even want to debate. It's not impossible that he could just drop out as even his inner circle at some point could tell him to get out. It's still August.

I mean he was all about nationalism and he's attacking the one safe place where he could stand politically, and he just pooped all over it. Vets are furious. He has nowhere else to go. Maybe he really is looking for an exit plan.

His campaign has no infrastructure. It would be easy to give up.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This happened on CNN in a way
"Khan died I 2004 how is it Obama's fault

But Mr trump wasn't there

I'm talking about the chronological order of when the rules of engagement

He didn't vote for the war. That's my point."

CNN:something of how the mother can't talk

Well if that's what we're talking about ur go back and check the tape. His father is a supporter of sharia law
-------------
Holy shit. On CNN now go watch

Aren't we considered millennials? *shudders*

Katrina is going back to saying Khan advocated for Sharia law so it was acceptable to question why the wife didn't speak. I can't believe this is the talking point.

AniHawk

Haha this is going to make people diablos further, but the only way they could make it work would be to do it right now. The good thing for them would be that Trump has no campaign or good fundraising efforts. The only way this would happen would be if he somehow dropped into the 20s and his support with the base fell off a cliff. Luckily republicans will continue to support him.

even if rubio or kasich want in, they're not going to excite the base. kasich might make a real good case against ohio and maybe pull in iowa as a result, but i don't think that also means he gets pennsylvania or even florida.

rubio could get florida i suppose. i don't think it means getting ohio in that case, unless these guys make a deal where kasich is the frontrunner and rubio is the runner-up.

and then i guess you'd have the koch money start funneling in, but they'd still be extremely behind on fundraising and especially behind on organization. i just don't think they can kickstart or whip up interest in such a short amount of time. i also think you'd still have a lot of support behind trump in a sort of 'trump or bust' movement.

No one of consequence would want the nomination in that scenario anyway, whoever accepted it would be thrown to the wolves.

Not that this fantasy will ever happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

He wouldn't drop unless they paid him, which I don't think is entirely out of the question.

Replacing him with Kasich could be an absolute disaster for democrats. Cruz/Rubio/et al would get destroyed. That said, I don't see it happening.

Oh Katrina, oh dear Katrina. I never grow tired of seeing people calling her out on her shit.

She's gotten so angry over the last week as the press finally started calling her out. I wouldn't be surprised if she quit, but to be honest I can't tell anymore if she believes the BS she's spouting

Also the RNC isn't going to drop out because Trumps supporters like him

DrMungo

trump would never quit
It's too public of a failure and his ego is not structured to handle it
The ride never ends

He wouldn't drop unless they paid him, which I don't think is entirely out of the question.

Replacing him with Kasich could be an absolute disaster for democrats. Cruz/Rubio/et al would get destroyed. That said, I don't see it happening.

Not.gonna.happen. No one can build a proper campaign and compete in 90 days.

No sarcasm. Time to panic.
FUCK.
usa-election-kasich.jpg

FUCKKKK.

Kasich would have no time at all to build any sort of campaign, and it would taint him for 2020.

It would be a disaster. Nobody is going to willingly sign up to be the fall man for the year.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Even people with big egos flame out. And when they finally do it's usually tumultuous since they, until that point, tried to act like they're perfect
This is a man out to prove something. He has his name on buildings, gold sinks, gold rooms. And other gold shot everywhere. To me it seems as if he's trying to prove something.

Farmboy

Trump would be replaced by Pence, obviously. It's the only semi-acceptable thing to do, post-RNC.

But even that won't happen.

Kasich isn't an idiot. He knows this year is fucked. He'll ride out the end of his governorship, get his successor elected and wait for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom