• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

PRESIDENT TRUMP: It's not – basically, it's a motion to talk. But once you get that motion, it's in pretty good shape, once you get in. It's hard to get in, but once you get in. So we're going to see. John McCain was a great help, coming in as he did. And so it was something I very much appreciate, and we'll see what happens. We're going to know in about two hours.

clearly regurgitating the dumbed down explanation someone had to give him

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, then you have to go and decide on what plan you want, which way you're going to go. You want to decide on is it repeal or repeal and replace. If it's repeal and replace, which one do you want to go? Which form of existing conditions? I mean, there's many things. But once you're in there, then you can really negotiate. This is actually the heart, though. Once you're there, you can, you know, Gerard – oh, say hello.

Such policy mastery

jtb

Banned
That is humiliating for WSJ. One of their own reporters had to leak the interview to Politico. Gerard Baker seems like a real hack.

dramatis

I think you guys put too much weight on (what Kev would call) Poshitico and others' pieces on who XYZ is going to run in 2020.

We're only 1 day into August, there's no shortage of topics to discuss still, no need to veer into 2020.

chadskin

WSJ: What do you think is a reasonable corporate rate? We've heard 20 percent, but –

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you know, we're going for 15 (percent). We're going to see, and we'll see. But, you know, I don't want to say anything about negotiation. I mean, we are asking for 15 percent, and we think we're going to grow tremendously.

So I deal with foreign countries, and despite what you may read I have unbelievable relationships with all of the foreign leaders. They like me. I like them. You know, it's amazing. So I'll call, like, major – major countries, and I'll be dealing with the prime minister or the president. And I'll say, how are you doing? Oh, don't know, don't know, not well, Mr. President, not well. I said, well, what's the problem? Oh, GDP 9 percent, not well. And I'm saying to myself, here we are at like 1 percent, dying, and they're at 9 percent and they're unhappy. So, you know, and these are like countries, you know, fairly large, like 300 million people. You know, a lot of people say – they say, well, but the United States is large. And then you call places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and you say, you know, how many people do you have? And it's pretty amazing how many people they have. So China's going to be at 7 or 8 percent, and they have a billion-five, right? So we should do really well.

But in order to do that – you know, it's tax reform, but it's a big tax cut. But it's simplification, it's reform, and it's a big tax cut, 15 –

stewie_suicidal.gif

jtb

Banned
I think you guys put too much weight on (what Kev would call) Poshitico and others' pieces on who XYZ is going to run in 2020.

We're only 1 day into August, there's no shortage of topics to discuss still, no need to veer into 2020.

but Politico is good now

At one point during the interview, Trump seemed annoyed that one of the Wall Street Journal reporters in the room called the reaction to his July 24 Boy Scouts speech “mixed.”

“There was no mix there. That was a standing ovation from the time I walked out to the time I left, and for five minutes after I had already gone. There was no mix,” Trump said.

He added: “And I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful. So there was – there was no mix.”

He's so thin skinned. lol

sangreal

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Give me those notes, Hope, come on, just give – I can’t read it. What do you think, I have 20/20 perfect –

MS. HICKS: I was just saying, you self-funded.

bullshit cue cards during an interview, smh

The entire point of putting a pro-life candidate out there is to make Republicans who are embarrassed by Trump too unmotivated to come out and vote.

White liberal women don't need to be inspired to vote for a Dem because they're all going to vote against the GOP because they hate Trump.

B(lack voters may need to be inspired but that is not related to this discussion)

But it could easily be the case that running moderate Dems would be electorally successful.

It just has to do with whether it's right or not to do.

I don't see how that is likely.

Republicans dislike liberals more so than they hate Trump.

In the special election between Ossoff and Handel, Handel managed to convince Republicans that didn't like Trump to vote for her and she managed to separate herself from Trump.

What could happen is that depending on the area, the Democratic candidate don't get anymore votes than if he/she was pro-choice mostly because the Republican candidate is capable of separating themselves from Trump and remind on how much they hate the Democrats(liberals) .

sangreal

MR. BAKER: But we can’t expect any more staff changes in the immediate – in the immediate future?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No, I don’t think so.

MR. BAKER: No?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: But I’m very happy with Anthony. I think Anthony is going to do amazing.

:lol

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I’ve always – I’m always concerned about that. I don’t like it. I don’t – I don’t like it from that standpoint. Now, with that being said, you might be able to make a very good deal because I think there’s a lot of pressure on the Democrats. But the Democrats are nothing more than obstructionists. That’s all they can do. That’s all they seem to be good at. So they’re obstructionists, so what they will do, even though it’s for the good of the country, they will obstruct. They can’t do anything about Obamacare, and I understand that. They don’t want to vote against it. But now, once it’s done – it was my original theory: once it’s begun, now they can get together. They can do something. But they won’t do that. There’s too much – and this isn’t with respect to me; this is years. This is years, Gerry. I mean, if you look at what’s been going on over the last long period of time. I actually asked people that are political people – I could ask you people – you know, is it the worst you’ve seen it? And I’ve had every single person, no, actually there’s certain other times that were worse. There were certain times in Obama’s administration that were worse.

Nice revisionist history there.

Figures.
There weren't any ideological objections to Wray. He's largely inoffensive
I just feel he isn't up to the task. Trial by fire I guess.

Wray was appointed by Donald Trump to obstruct justice.

Trump may have chosen the wrong person to obstruct justice, but we really shouldn't ignore the purpose behind this appointment. Seems like Dems are too credulous right now.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So I think I'm done with Jimmy Dore. Dude has absolutely gone off the deep end. Every one of his episodes nowadays focuses his ire on Hillary and Obama. He really, REALLY hates those two. To the point where he seems to think criticizing Trump is merely a "distraction". Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom