• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I kind of love that Trump is such a compulsive liar, massive narcissist and so desperate for positive headlines that he fabricated something as lame as the head of the Boy Scouts calling him up and telling him it was literally the greatest speech they'd ever heard.

He is such a sad, pathetic little man.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
tucker posing as an investigative journalist interviewing ms13 members is probably the most pathetic thing ever

I had to Google that to see if it was actually a thing that happened and low and behold... it actually happened. And the title that dipshit decided to go with is something else.

I personally wouldn't be fucking with an international gang like that, but best of luck to him and his.

Politics are so fucked up right now it seems to literally not matter that our White House may have colluded with a news organization to politicize a young man's senseless murder in order to stir up conspiracy theorists and deflect attention away from corruption.

Wouldn't that story have looked like Watergate if Obama were President still?

Politics are so fucked up right now it seems to literally not matter that our White House may have colluded with a news organization to politicize a young man's senseless murder in order to stir up conspiracy theorists and deflect attention away from corruption.

The issue I think, is that most of the story comes from the claims made in a lawsuit. Outlets are going to need to independently verify the claims before they can really report on them.

Worse. At this point Dems expect that shit though. We've gone deep down the rabbit hole, man. Our fury falls in deaf ears

Vixdean

Yeah, the whole "liberal media" narrative has been so deeply ingrained into our broader culture that accusations of conservatives colluding with news outlets just falls on deaf ears. GG Murdoch.

Who said it? Trump or Larry David?

On whether his speech to the Boy Scouts received mixed reviews
: “I’d be the first to admit mixed. I’m a guy that will tell you mixed. There was no mix there. That was a standing ovation from the time I walked out to the time I left, and for five minutes after I had already gone. There was no mix.”

Kusagari

Conservatives have already found out that the new lawyer on Mueller's crew has donated to 2020 icon Gillibrand.

So he's discredited in their eyes and more proof of Mueller working for Dems.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
One disturbing trend I have learned about from watching too much RedLetterMedia is just how many cheap direct to VHS movies were made about violently "cleaning up the streets"

Ernest

Banned
Top EPA official resigns over direction of agency under Trump

Elizabeth "Betsy" Southerland ended her 30-year run at the agency with a scathing exit letter in which she claimed that ”the environmental field is suffering from the temporary triumph of myth over truth." She last worked as the director of science and technology in the Office of Water.

”The truth is there is NO war on coal, there is NO economic crisis caused by environmental protection, and climate change IS caused by man's activities," Southerland wrote, directly rejecting many of Trump's claims.

She took aim in particular at Trump's demand that two federal regulations be struck from the books for every new one added.

”Should EPA repeal two existing rules protecting infants from neurotoxins in order to promulgate a new rule protecting adults from a newly discovered liver toxin?" she wrote. ”Faced with such painful choices, the best possible outcome for the American people would be regulatory paralysis where no new rules are released so that existing protections remain in place."

She added that in the past the EPA had been a ”guiding light to make the ‘right thing' happen for the greater good," but that the Trump administration has hurt the agency's ability to protect the planet.

”It may take a few years and even an environmental disaster, but I am confident that Congress and the courts will eventually restore all the environmental protections repealed by this administration because the majority of the American people recognize that this protection of public health and safety is right and it is just," Southerland wrote.

To me, shit like this is fucking devastating, but will this even register with Trump? Will he care one fucking iota? Will he even KNOW? Probably not.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
One disturbing trend I have learned about from watching too much RedLetterMedia is just how many cheap direct to VHS movies were made about violently "cleaning up the streets"

Man the 80s was crazy. Kids had toy arsenals that would make the IS envious. Looked real too, not those pink guns. We had grenades, Uzis, butterfly knives, ninja throwing stars, and so much more.

watershed

Banned
Top EPA official resigns over direction of agency under Trump

To me, shit like this is fucking devastating, but will this even register with Trump? Will he care one fucking iota? Will he even KNOW? Probably not.

Of course Trump won't care. I don't think anyone will even bother to tell him unless this picks up steam with the media. Trump probably doesn't even know what the EPA does. Every time he speaks he shows how little he knows about government.

What did Kamala do, exactly? I know she didn't prosecute Mnuchin's bank and has a shitty history on criminal rights (the latter she is attempting to rectify) but like, she was a generally decent AG and doesn't really have a voting record.

EDIT: Is this the donor article? We all realize that the Observer is owned by Kushner, yes?

The fact that she didn't prosecute some rich white guy nicknamed "foreclosure king" isn't a big deal to the Dems? He made a nice living running a business that prided itself on targeting women that look like Senator Harris. Mnuchin is only in the WH rather than a cell because pretenders like the 2020 hopeful looked the other way.

Slacker

Can some explain what the sam hell is going on in this reply chain:

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/892498904343883780

---------

Caitlin Owens @caitlinnowens

Spotted: Ted Cruz in Nikes and a suit.

Ted Cruz‏Verified @tedcruz

Was on the way to basketball. You should have snapped a picture… Last I heard, @Deadspin was still looking for one.

----------

Was that a sick burn by Cruz? If so can someone explain the reference?

---------

Was on the way to basketball. You should have snapped a picture… Last I heard, @Deadspin was still looking for one.

----------

Maybe it has to do with the story of him referring to a basketball hoop as a "basketball ring" during the Indiana primary?

sangreal

---------

----------

just sounds like ted cruz's best attempt at a lighthearted joke

Slacker

just sounds like ted cruz's best attempt at a lighthearted joke

I was most confused about army of replyers making it sound like the most hilarious burn ever... though now that I think about it conservatives are typically have terrible senses of humor so I guess it checks out.

kess

maxresdefault.jpg

---------

----------

I'm assuming it was when Cruz posted a picture of Grayson Allen as he looks somewhat similar to Cruz and annoyed Deadspin's twitter that they told him to fuck himself.

That's what I'm assuming

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The fact that she didn't prosecute some rich white guy nicknamed "foreclosure king" isn't a big deal to the Dems? He made a nice living running a business that prided itself on targeting women that look like Senator Harris. Mnuchin is only in the WH rather than a cell because pretenders like the 2020 hopeful looked the other way.

Actually Mnuchin is a part of cabinet because Trump appointed him and Republicans confirmed him.

Blader

If you vote for the guy that tries to cover up treason, your career is pretttty much over as a national politician.

Kamala and the rest have some terrible instincts.

Okay, well, if Wray commits treason on Trump's behalf, I think the bigger concern then should be throwing him in jail and not suddenly ending the careers of 40 Senate Democrats.

Similarly, I do not think Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and John Kerry's political careers should have ended 14 years ago because they voted to invade Iraq. Instead, I am more concerned with the (lack of) punishment for the several senior Bush administration figures who concocted that war in the first place.

Guys...nobody cares who voted for a president's cabinet picks. If Wray fucks with the investigation we'll see fireworks. Until then...*shrug*

Generally cabinet members aren't picked to do obstruction of justice.

And of course we should focus on putting Wray in prison if he commits crimes, but it showed some terrible political instincts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This Ed Butowsky guy should not be doing interviews, he's coming off horribly on CNN

I've never seen anyone more full of shit in my life. This whole thing is sending off all kinds of warning bells in my head. He's obviously lying.

The guy isn't answering questions and is throwing way too much information out all at once. He's trying to make everyone forget the initial questions.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

---------

----------

I really hate the fact that Ted Cruz is actually kind of funny. (It's a Grayson Allen reference)

Racist as hell too. There's some Seagal movie on Netflix (that I'll never watch) where he has to foil a terrorist plot involving border tunnels or something. He gets to kill Mexican stereotypes in addition to Arabic ones! It's so diverse!

I just heard the CalExit guy say that he's glad middle class people are leaving California because it makes room for immigrants to take those "spots".

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I just heard the CalExit guy say that he's glad middle class people are leaving California because it makes room for immigrants to take those "spots".
California has a strict population quota. What really sucks is the roving assasination squads that murder old people every time a baby is born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom