• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Do we have an assistant secretary of state for Asia (or the countries there)?

Tillerson needs to get back from vacation. This is what happens when you don't have a competent State department.

studyguy

it won't launch
it'll land several hundred miles within its target
it'll land in its target but it won't blow up
it'll blow up Alaska
it's gonna blow up Alaska
it blew up Alaska, but will anyone actually die?
Millions of people died, but it's actually good because Murkowski voted no

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I firmly believe there'd be a coup in the United States government before anyone let Trump fire off some nuclear warheads.

False. There were articles just last week about military leaders saying they would obey.

Trump is just playing Kim's game.

I hope

YuK8xb1.png

So we're going preemptive right? Anybody has an estimated body count on that?

Edit: I'm not trying to sound crazy, but I have literally no idea what's going on.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
After 200 days, rarely has any Administration achieved what we have achieved..not even close! Don't believe the Fake News Suppression Polls!
2:10 PM · Aug 8, 2017

Umpresidented ineptitute? Because no other admin managed to achieve that in 200 days.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
After 200 days, rarely has any Administration achieved what we have achieved..not even close! Don't believe the Fake News Suppression Polls!
2:10 PM · Aug 8, 2017

Umpresidented ineptitute? Because no other admin managed to achieve that in 200 days.

In 200 days, no one has gone from relative ease and peace to teetering off the edge of nuclear war. UNPRECEDENTED!

False. There were articles just last week about military leaders saying they would obey.

What a military leader says in public is a lot different than pushing a button. Of course they're going to say they'd follow orders. But when push comes to shove I'm not so sure.

My mom literally just arrived for a teaching job on one of the US military bases over on Okinawa just three days ago. My dad and I are supposed to be flying over to join her in October.

This news is scaring the shit out of me.

Wilsongt

I may need to bow out of politics for a bit because the last thing I need with my anxiety is to constantly be scared shitless I'm going to be killed by the Annoying Orange's actions.

chadskin

President Trump has publicly called the widening federal investigation into Russia's election meddling a "witch hunt." But through his lawyer, Trump has sent private messages of "appreciation" to special counsel Robert Mueller.

"He appreciates what Bob Mueller is doing,'' Trump's chief counsel John Dowd told USA TODAY in an interview Tuesday. "He asked me to share that with him and that's what I've done.''

Trump's legal team has been in contact with Mueller's office, and Dowd says he has passed along the president's messages expressing ”appreciation and greetings'' to the special counsel.

”The president has sent messages back and forth,'' Dowd said, declining to elaborate further.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-messages-special-counsel-mueller/547917001/

wat

Yeah. Remember how he kept trying to interact with Comey before he was fired.

That's also why all those stories of him being rude to people in person (like not shaking Merkel's hand) should be doubted. The man does know how to schmooze, and he usually cowers when he's not dealing with underlings or people who are subservient to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom