• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I’m sort of annoyed because I just realized that if we had actually made contact with aliens, Trump would definitely have accidentally tweeted it by now.
Only if someone actively brought it up to him. He has no idea what kind of info the federal government has, or who to call to get it.

Diablos

DGuh3MrXcAAItbR.jpg:large

INSANE
You read this and you know that he is not stable enough to deal with a nuclear threat.

We are so fucked.

tbm24

That Republican senator on CNN was, for all intents and purposes, condoning the president's words and was talking about our nuclear capability.

Unbelievable.
I caught this too, and his main concern was he didn't want to go against Trump. Fucking cowards.

I am 39 years old.

I will be an old man when the US can again be a spokesman and a leader on the worldwide stage for peace, war, and liberal democracy.

And that's BEST case scenario.
We're not supposed to be a spokesperson I guess. Just Don Corleone.

NK is stupid and not a rational actor. Don't expect a logical play from them. I wouldn't be surprised if they did just strike Guam for the fuck of it.
Boooo, you suck!

Feinstein says we should hold immediate diplomatic talks with North Korea with no preconditions.

This strikes me as correct in every detail.
She was around for the last time we did this under Bill, right? Kim Jung Il said he'd curb the nuclear program for food and then he went and ramped up the nuclear program. I think. Am I confabulating again?

pigeon

Banned
We're not supposed to be a spokesperson I guess. Just Don Corleone.

Boooo, you suck!

She was around for the last time we did this under Bill, right? Kim Jung Il said he'd curb the nuclear program for food and then he went and ramped up the nuclear program. I think. Am I confabulating again?

He didn't ramp up the nuclear program until George W threatened to invade North Korea.

Sounds like the disconnect between him and his legal team is still going strong. No way Trump asked anyone to thank Mueller after public threats

It's a way of trying to show dominance to Mueller. AKA "you are doing what you are doing because I approve, remember that".

Also, Mueller ain't paying no mind to it other than making a note that Trump is indirectly making inappropriate contact. And then Mueller goes back to work.

He didn't ramp up the nuclear program until George W threatened to invade North Korea.

He cheated the clinton admin. and continued the program. though he really didn't "ramp" it up till Iraq and his soon made it his top priority likely do to both Iraq and Gaddafi.

We shouldn't forget we're partially responsible to what they are reacting to.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think people need to calm down a bit about NK. They used to regularly pull stuff like this that ultimately went nowhere. Just because Trump is in the White House doesn't instantly mean everyone is going to die.

Poe's law aside, Trump ain't that crafty

Oh, no, I must just be very confused, or we are talking about different things maybe? I don't see it as crafty that he's thanking Mueller privately while threatening him publicly. I see it as kind of, "there's-something-wrong-with-the-way-his-brain-works-but-I'm-not-qualified-to-say-what"

When special counsel Robert Mueller took his new job in May, he gave up a law firm partnership where he made almost $3.5 million since the beginning of 2016, according to a financial disclosure released by the Justice Department on Tuesday.

The president we deserve.

I think people need to calm down a bit about NK. They used to regularly pull stuff like this that ultimately went nowhere. Just because Trump is in the White House doesn't instantly mean everyone is going to die.
I do think Kim Jong Un is a lot more unstable and unreliable than say his dad, who made threats an art form to receive aid. It seems that Kim Jong Un has really ramped up the rhetoric against USA since he became the leader.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...7e4b0a66b8bad6edf?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

WASHINGTON ― When Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) thinks about one of the authors of the Bush-era “torture memos” joining the Trump administration, her mind goes back to when she was flying missions to Abu Ghraib prison at the time that photos emerged of U.S. military personnel torturing prisoners.

“When those pictures came out, pretty much almost universal reaction among my fellow soldiers and myself was utter disgust,” Duckworth said in an interview with HuffPost. “Our reaction, and pardon my language, was those fuckers just made it more dangerous for the rest of us to do our jobs.”

@DecisionDeskHQ
Early votes in from Boone County, Mo (#MO50) Skelton(D) 195 Walsh (R) 81
Boone accounts for 13 of 27 precincts in the district.

Low early voting numbers (as is Missouri's wont), but... hugely Democratic for that seat.

Oh, no, I must just be very confused, or we are talking about different things maybe? I don't see it as crafty that he's thanking Mueller privately while threatening him publicly. I see it as kind of, "there's-something-wrong-with-the-way-his-brain-works-but-I'm-not-qualified-to-say-what"

Ohh yeah. This is possible too I suppose.

I figure as a sitting pres, he'll face political pressure long before criminal. Sending Mueller love letters is a way for his counsel to drive public perception and ultimately lessen the likelihood of a GOP lead impeachment.

It's much smarter than threatening Mueller publicaly and making oneself look guilty

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I do think Kim Jong Un is a lot more unstable and unreliable than say his dad, who made threats an art form to receive aid. It seems that Kim Jong Un has really ramped up the rhetoric against USA since he became the leader.
I really don't think Un is as unstable as some people assume him to be. He is ruthless, and is taking steps to stay in power, but ruthless is different from unstable.

Trump is the one I worry about, since I could see him ordering military action.

With only one Boone precinct in and all rurals in, Skelton is doing better that Obama did in the entire district. I believe McCaskill barely won this HD (she might have lost it, have to check when I'm not on my phone). Boone should be strong D. Might not be enough to overcome a 470 vote margin, but turnout looks to be over 2014.

Zukkoyaki

With only one Boone precinct in and all rurals in, Skelton is doing better that Obama did in the entire district. I believe McCaskill barely won this HD (she might have lost it, have to check when I'm not on my phone). Boone should be strong D. Might not be enough to overcome a 470 vote margin, but turnout looks to be over 2014.
I live in Boone County! I know about as much as you all do regarding the numbers but if Columbia (college town) has yet to report then there's a very real chance Skelton wins. It's probably 60-40 D with over 100,000 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom