• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You know things are getting big when the PRESIDENT’S FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF AND LIKELY WITNESS TO EVERYTHING HE DID FOR THE FIRST 7 MONTHS IN OFFICE being hauled in front of Mueller for questioning isn’t a fucking megaton. Yes we expected it, yes we want scalps at this point, but my god this is huge news.

Teggy

You know things are getting big when the PRESIDENT’S FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF AND LIKELY WITNESS TO EVERYTHING HE DID FOR THE FIRST 7 MONTHS IN OFFICE being hauled in front of Mueller for questioning isn’t a fucking megaton. Yes we expected it, yes we want scalps at this point, but my god this is huge news.

Why?

Until it is revealed he said something interesting it’s nothing.

At this I point I think we just expect him to lie as part of a cover up. That's why it isn't big news unless he actually revealed some big news.

Im not a drinker, ive never had more than a sip of alcohol in my life, but whenever Manafort gets arrested ( or whoever goes down first) i think i might buy a nice bottle of wine to celebrate and watch the meltdowns and damage control from hannity and co.

kess

I'm tired of all this ash and smoke and over 30 people have died. Trump doesn't give a shit though. Asshole.

The thread about Puerto Rico not knowing what to do with its corpses is falling off the front page of OT. Part of me is wondering if a humanitarian crisis as bad as Katrina is going to be as forgotten as Black Wall Street because PR isn't majoritarian English speaking and white enough.

Pixieking

Banned
Probably not a US National so won't be interviewed. More window dressing on the whole thing.

The intermediary will probably come under the purvue of Mueller's investigation, given the link to Russia, and Mueller has no problems interviewing non US nationals, considering he interviewed Steele.

The thread about Puerto Rico not knowing what to do with its corpses is falling off the front page of OT. Part of me is wondering if a humanitarian crisis as bad as Katrina is going to be as forgotten as Black Wall Street because PR isn't majoritarian English speaking and white enough.
Yeah. In the best situation, a disaster in Puerto Rico would go under-covered because people simply don't think of it as a "real" part of the country, but it's even harder for the media to stick on a single story with Trump setting everything on fire daily. There are still good stories coming out (and they universally paint a dire picture, contrary to the government's claims that everything is going swell), but it's not getting the sort of front-and-center attention it deserves.

The intermediary will probably come under the purvue of Mueller's investigation, given the link to Russia, and Mueller has no problems interviewing non US nationals, considering he interviewed Steele.
Steele agreed to be interviewed, though. If the source is a non-US person and they don't want to talk to Mueller, how much power would he have to enforce a subpoena?

DMDyHDJX4AUTclr

Essentially a joint statement from all governors?

If things were getting big Mueller would've been fired, then reinstated by Congress.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Teggy

This is what being abused looks like

(I agree with the last one)

No, this is what being a realist and not getting one’s hopes up looks like. I’m not getting hyped up over nothing. We need to be patient and wait for Mueller to do his job.

Many people are saying I need a vacation from this crap.

Cheeto: Dow Jones record high
Cheeto:
Health Insurance stocks, which have gone through the roof during the ObamaCare years, plunged yesterday after I ended their Dems windfall!

Very proud of my Executive Order which will allow greatly expanded access and far lower costs for HealthCare. Millions of people benefit!

Does anyone's costs even get lowered after Trump slashed payments? I was under the impression without the money, premiums mostly just go up to compensate.
no

(though actually I read some analysis that said some people's out-of-pocket premiums could actually go down, depending on where the insurers try to make up for the lack of CSR payments. If the insurers load them onto silver plans it'll cause the individual subsidies to go up significantly, which could make other plans less expensive to the people. Of course, then the government would be spending more money overall.)

But think he's talking about his other healthcare EO that lets people buy shittier health insurance that costs less and covers less.

Wilsongt

I heard yesterday someone make the argument that health insurance was only meant for catstrophic reasons.

Lol.

All it takes is a broken arm or leg to put someone into massive debt.

Xis

I heard yesterday someone make the argument that health insurance was only meant for catstrophic reasons.

Lol.

Eventually everyone has “catastrophic reasons”. You are healthy until you aren’t.

Lol.

I use to have a $25 co-pay for doctor visits, now i would have to pay the full price (Usually over $100).

That means i use to go to the doctor whenever i wanted to, and now im going to likely skip some doctor visits unless its really bad.

I would imagine that health care companies will be having some long, angry talks with their lobbyists during this whole mess but who the fuck even knows any more.

If I were in charge of sending out renewal notices for an insurance company this year, I would make it very clear that the increase in your premium is because President Oompa Loompa is working on destroying the ACA. Guessing they won’t actually send letters saying that, but it’s what I would do.

I would imagine that health care companies will be having some long, angry talks with their lobbyists during this whole mess but who the fuck even knows any more.

Trump has been uniquely capable of finding actions that negatively impact every stakeholder involved. The health care industry is understandably livid.

If I were in charge of sending out renewal notices for an insurance company this year, I would make it very clear that the increase in your premium is because President Oompa Loompa is working on destroying the ACA. Guessing they won’t actually send letters saying that, but it’s what I would do.
They’re quick to mention the ACA in those letters, so there’s a good chance they mention Trump

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
After Trump Travel Ban, Chad Pulls Troops From Boko Haram Fight in Niger
President Donald Trump’s decision to place Chad on his revised travel ban shocked experts and former U.S. officials who warned it could have major consequences for the fight against terrorism in Africa.

And it appears Trump’s controversial decision may have already damaged alliances on the continent—which is threatened by a range of militants, including affiliates of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic State militant group.

Chad has pulled hundreds of troops from neighboring Niger, where they had been stationed to assist in a regional fight against Boko Haram, the Nigerian militant Islamist group, Reuters reported.

Chad’s government has not given any explanation for the withdrawal, which took place over the past two weeks. But in the wake of Trump’s pronouncement on September 24, Chad’s communications minister Madeleine Alingué said that the decision “seriously undermines Chad’s image and the good relations between the two countries, notably in the fight against terrorism.”

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump has been uniquely capable of finding actions that negatively impact every stakeholder involved. The health care industry is understandably livid.

I hate that whenever industries like that get upset at republicans they just write an angry public letter, but when they get upset at democrats they launch a multi million dollar ad campaign against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom