• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trurl

Banned
I bet that the Dow has another 1,000 points to go before it sort of evens out. I know very little about stocks, but I think that will but it at where it dropped to around 2003.

ToxicAdam

Charred Greyface said:
Thank you.

Quoting here so it doesn't get missed. Anybody else? I'm thinking Hitokage, Cheebs...

It's not a huge issue (well, it is to me) but he was against NASA and the increased funding for the space program (specifically, the Moon/Mars programs).

He then changed his position in April.

Trurl said:
I bet that the Dow has another 1,000 points to go before it sort of evens out. I know very little about stocks, but I think that will but it at where it dropped to around 2003.

the stocks are at 2002 levels now

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Stoney Mason said:
The fundamentals of our economy are strong you nervous bastards!

No, they're driving away in all the GM cars to the giant parking lot in the sky.

Also, they're playing Monopoly at McDonalds.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
The stock market is making it all seem like the last eight years didn't exist.....which doesn't seem that bad, actually.

Tamanon

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Nah. The only one of those guys I can tolerate in a non-ironic way is Limbaugh. He is actually a pretty good entertainer. You can at least enjoy his show in that sense even if you think his views are crazy.

I think it's because Limbaugh, even though he's a blowhard still treats it like a radio show, he has a schtick for saying things, well-worn jokes, musical bits and all that. Which is probably why his TV shows never work out, because he has a radio schtick.

DrEvil

Looks like it's settled at -634.79 for the day.

Holy crap.
Eventually it'll stop... right? lol.

DrEvil

Nabs said:

Notice how her hair has been down on every appearance over the last two days?

Trying a New "non-Librarian-church-lady" look?

s-PALIN-large.jpg

Looks kind of like Mary Steenburgen

joan-Steenburgen-300.jpg

Hootie

Man, by the way the economy is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the post count in this thread is higher than DOW by tomorrow afternoon :lol

Kintaco said:
Is it a good time to start a 401k at work or does it even matter?

if you have employer matching funds, there is never a bad time to start a 401k. Not even the stock market could beat the return you effectively get with an employer match.

Tamanon said:
I think it's because Limbaugh, even though he's a blowhard still treats it like a radio show, he has a schtick for saying things, well-worn jokes, musical bits and all that. Which is probably why his TV shows never work out, because he has a radio schtick.

He's the only one of those guys with a sense of humour. Now he's not George Carlin, Richard Pryor funny but you are right in that he understands at least part of the job is to entertain people. I heard Glen Beck for the first time a few years ago and I had always heard he was funny but I don't see it. I mean compared to Savage yes he is funny but I don't actually consider that funny. Limbaugh really does have a sense of humour. I think "Operation Kaos" was a perfect example of that despite him pretending he was dead serious.

Beck on TV will push my brother to yell at me to change it or he gets up to do it.

The other guys are complete tools or are entertaining. Beck is a mindfuck to reason.

WaltJay said:
Really?? Who says doggonit in this day and age?? Did somebody cross the streams? What year is it?

I do, though unfortunately I do not do so with the characteristic Southern drawl, as that was denied to me for some reason while I was growing up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom