• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
No one's made an "It's under 9000!!!!!!!!!" joke about the DOW?

Color me impressed.

Fox318 said:
What about the record spending, the national dept, the two wars, the other military operations?

spending will go anyway, it always had, dept can be controlled when he increase our GDP and we can handle 1 war which requires less money which means we dont waste money on wars. We are not a military country.

Fox318

OuterWorldVoice said:
No, they chose to make terrible cars for thirty years in the US, while they made perfectly good cars in Europe. They did this to themselves.
Yeah. Ford was the same way. They never innovated their cars once. Instead they used nationalism to try and market their shit cars. I've remember going to the car shows and seeing toyota and honda introducing their new concept cars that were innovative. While Ford and GM talk about the future but ultimately never deliver.

Keylime

Fuck...my inability to follow PoliGAF closely lately is showing...

Amir0x said:
Incognito:

I'm not so sure. These big reveals will work best when there's assuredly no extra time for him to come back from it. If it is revealed a week before the election or something, it would be bad.

of course I don't think there is anything either (surely Hillary would have drudged it up), but I certainly won't dismiss the possibility with the way this election season has been

The effect is somewhat diminished with early voting, though.

mckmas8808 said:
WTF? No way he has that much money.

I'm wondering if they're putting this out there purposely to force McCain's hand in terms of finances.

Fox318 said:
Yeah. Ford was the same way. They never innovated their cars once. Instead they used nationalism to try and market their shit cars. I've remember going to the car shows and seeing toyota and honda introducing their new concept cars that were innovative. While Ford and GM talk about the future but ultimately never deliver.

Ford's problem is that they got the American market all wrong. They've been building pretty solid small cars (Mondeo, Focus) in overseas markets which are even considered "upscale" to a degree. The problem is that they -- for whatever reason -- never brought those cars over to the US in their original form. Our Focus is like, what?, 2 generations behind? While Europe gets an awesome Focus, we get a shitty econobox. The US body styles and interiors are so much worse than our EU brethren.

pxleyes

Banned
I love how much airtime this crazy guy at McCain's rally today is getting. He is so insanely crazy I think it will scare more people away from McCain. :lol :lol :lol

devilhawk

artredis1980 said:
The falling stocks are the best thing to happen to the US economy, just think about it. the biggest threat is if China started to ask us for thier loan back

1. Oil is now 3.19 average down from 4.20 just 3 months ago
2. US dollar is the strongest its been in 11 years
3. US dollar being stronger means the loan the United States owes to the world is lower than any time since the 90's
4. Inflation is going down, prices WILL fall

We are basically starting off from the point where Bush left us off, basically we are starting from when Clinton left us, when we were doing good AT THAT TIME.

it is our time for redemption
You really have no idea what you are talking about. You threw out 4 facts and then an unrelated random conclusion.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
bushswag.jpg

Go shop for ironic gifts for all your stock-holding pals here.

Hootie

Matthews is laughing :lol

They had to cut away from him

Also, why is this dude wearing a Phillies windbreaker on a political show?

Keylime

pxleyes said:
I love how much airtime this crazy guy at McCain's rally today is getting. He is so insanely crazy I think it will scare more people away from McCain. :lol :lol :lol
Video link? What's this all about (I promise I'll try and keep up!)

Ignatz Mouse said:
Onion article? Joke?

Really, I can't believe what Palin is willing to say. Barracuda indeed.

I can't wait for McCain/Palin to lose, and then watch this horrible person go back to a life of obscurity, scandal, and early retirement.

Isn't that Troopergate report on her coming out tomorrow? I'd be hilarious if they found some real dirt on her, right after she makes that comment. Though I doubt it will happen, even if she is guilty.

Fox318

artredis1980 said:
spending will go anyway, it always had, dept can be controlled when he increase our GDP and we can handle 1 war which requires less money which means we dont waste money on wars. We are not a military country.
We are a military country. Look at the abuse of funding in military spending. That's not going to go down anytime soon.

GhaleonEB

Jupiter Jones said:
Isn't that Troopergate report on her coming out tomorrow? I'd be hilarious if they found some real dirt on her, right after she makes that comment. Though I doubt it will happen, even if she is guilty.
Yup. And the Alaska Supreme Court just chucked the GOP's attempt at blocking its release. It's coming out tomorrow morning.

Keylime

Dax01 said:
Don't blame yourself. This thread moves fast, and it is easy to lose track.
Nah, I used to troll this thread all day at work. Haven't had the luxury lately.

I used to refresh this page probably 5 times a minute. I've been able to jump into this PoliGAF thread maybe 3 times total today while I was at work :(

Hootie

Dax01 said:
Don't blame yourself. This thread moves fast, and it is easy to lose track.

Basically if you have an actual life, it is impossible to keep up with PoliGAF. I miss ONE damn debate and I feel like I haven't been here in months. :lol

Xisiqomelir

Hootie said:
Basically if you have an actual life, it is impossible to keep up with PoliGAF. I miss ONE damn debate and I feel like I haven't been here in months. :lol

I have a life, I just stay here on the corporate dime.

besada

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Just a point I wanted to make: Keating 5 / Last 8 Years of Deregulation have probably killed more Americans than Bill Ayers. Just saying.

Especially because Bill Ayers didn't kill anyone.

Edit:Beaten, multiple times.

greepoman

If you ever had any doubt that Bush is the worst president ever...then just ask yourself...where on earth is he in this time of crisis? He did more in the early days of Katrina. Even though his words might not mean anything...don't you think he should at least be trying? He made 1 lousy speech about the bailout package and disappeared.

And then I have this thought, is Bush staying out of the spotlight so as not to tarnish McCain? Could he possibly be that evil? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's crying in his room because he just realized everything he ever thought turned out to be wrong.

Cloudy

Banned
And then I have this thought, is Bush staying out of the spotlight so as not to tarnish McCain?

Umm, that's exactly it. Remember, he didn't even go to the RNC (usingthe excuse of the hurricane)

terrene

Banned
Can't believe that story about Obama's 30-minute primetime buy. One thing I'll say for Obama: he ain't taking any chances! That kind of action would be seem like a "game-changing hail mary" if McCain did it. For Obama to do this, it's just like "damn, dude, he's an old man! You've proven your point, okay?"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There isn't gonna be anything in the report I think. I'm afraid now people will be like, "WHY ARE THEY GANGING UP ON HER"

Hootie

greepoman said:
What was so funny?

I'm not positive as I switched to MSNBC right as he started laughing, but I believe they were having a conversation about the McCain crowds/campaign using Obama's middle name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom