• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giga said:
841 on SAT? wat.
I nearly matched that with my math score alone.

She is a high-functioning moron.

Edit: The Palin pick is making sense in a way . . . she's a beauty queen like McCain's two wives and she's terrible student like him.

If Obama was white this would be a landslide.

542389855_811a187e7b.jpg
b37a672064cd20ba06d25454bc0adc5d.jpg

Zeliard

Anyone watching Larry King? They have three Republican conservative women on, arguing amongst themselves about Sarah Palin and the McCain campaign.

Chichikov

giga said:
Not too shabby actually.
As catastrophic as his presidency was (is), he's still ten times more qualified than a joke like Palin.
And personally I always thought that people who paint him as a semi-retarded clown are not only drawing a simplistic picture, but actually cutting this administration some undeserved slack.

JayDubya

Banned
speculawyer said:
I nearly matched that with my math score alone.

As did I, but as Tam pointed out, the minimum score used to be a 0, so things a bit different. Still, such a score would indicate a below average performance for all test takers of that year.

If that's even accurate, of course. The amount of falsehoods spread about Palin since her nomination is pretty incredible.

Trakdown

Zeliard said:
Anyone watching Larry King? They have three Republican conservative women on, arguing amongst themselves about Sarah Palin and the McCain campaign.

That was actually pretty good. The last word from the woman in the middle (didn't catch who it was) was saying that Palin's being used, that it's bad that she's being propped up by a candidate who doesn't believe in equal pay, and that the party is way, way far off of traditional republican values.

xnipx

yea ppl seem to forget Bush is the son of a billionaire who went to the best schools his whole life, I'm not really sure about her upbringing personally but I'm sure it wasn't on the level of Bush. I don't want to start a whole different argument here, but coming from a lower class upbringing myself I wouldn't laugh at her for her SAT scores when there are plenty of valid complaints to be made about her intellect from her opinions and interviews alone. Test taking skill is not a measure of intelligence and shouldn't be mocked, but that's a whole different story

pxleyes

Banned
Stole this from another forum:

Conservative Michelle Laxalt on Larry King said that behind the scenes in the McCain camp, Palin is being treated like a secretary instead of a true VP candidate and is being used unfairly as a tool to for dirty tactics.

She also said Palin is on the ticket with someone that's against equal pay for women.

Kathleen Parker is on too and basically agrees with Laxalt. Earlier Parker said Palin should step down.

Diablos

Okay, posting people's report cards? Really?
We already know Sarah Palin is pretty dumb, no need for scanning her fucking report card :lol

Anyone see the two uber-conservative women on CNN trashing Palin's role and how they are basically using her?

It's amazing.

What's also amazing is how surprisingly... calm various Republican guests are acting instead of foaming at the mouth as usual.

The party's scurred.

Frank the Great said:
Which doesn't really make sense...if they vote against him and he loses, then all it proves is that Obama wasn't the anti-christ. If they truly thought he was the anti-christ, there would be no point in voting against him because he would win anyway.

They're tricking themselves into believing something that doesn't make sense.
You make a good point. If they truly believe that he is the Antichrist, that means that his victory would be absolutely inevitable and in fact voting against him is getting in the way of The Plan.

Going by the Left Behind books though, that would also mean that an assassination attempt (that is successful, but is followed by his return from the dead) is also part of The Plan. The rest is a set-up for armageddon.

I see it as a flawed echatology, but if you follow it through to conclusion, it's frightening stuff, especially if some nutjob who believes it gets the idea into his head that he needs to "help The Plan" along.

JayDubya said:
As did I, but as Tam pointed out, the minimum score used to be a 0, so things a bit different.
Except that I am pretty much same age as her.

Actually . . . Jan 82 . . . yeah, I took that same test. :lol

Edit: Actually, nope . . . it says test date Nov 81. I took it in 82. Same scoring system though.

Trakdown

Diablos said:
Okay, posting people's report cards? Really?
We already know Sarah Palin is pretty dumb, no need for scanning her fucking report card :lol

Anyone see the two uber-conservative women on CNN trashing Palin's role and how they are basically using her?

It's amazing.

What's also amazing is how surprisingly... calm various Republican guests are acting instead of foaming at the mouth as usual.

The party's scurred.

I'm glad. Women deserve better than being a stunt in a campaign.

Superman00

Liverpool01
xnipx said:
yea ppl seem to forget Bush is the son of a billionaire who went to the best schools his whole life, I'm not really sure about her upbringing personally but I'm sure it wasn't on the level of Bush. I don't want to start a whole different argument here, but coming from a lower class upbringing myself I wouldn't laugh at her for her SAT scores when there are plenty of valid complaints to be made about her intellect from her opinions and interviews alone. Test taking skill is not a measure of intelligence and shouldn't be mocked, but that's a whole different story

But it is, however the problem with intelligence is dependent on what you define it.

terrene

Banned
lockii said:
They don't deserve respect, they deserve contempt.
It is not worthwhile to have contempt for Republicans who are just average joes. You need to learn to live with those people and respect them.

First of all they can be the product of anything -- family tradition, need to fit into local culture, only marginal interest in politics that creates overreliance on "fair and balanced" media, whatever. Second of all, they are just the symptom, not the cause. The cause is the right-wing hate media echo-chamber that is very good at getting mainstream attention and twisting the arms of journalists and editors.

yoopoo

Banned
H-O-L-Y H-E-L-L

An Obama win just means that we are closer to the return of our Lord.

Obama and his agenda are lead ups to the one world government and to where the masses will take the mark.

So, don't be discouraged if Obama wins...it just means that we are that much closer.

It is all in God's hands. So, pray for righteousness in this election but accept God's will if Obama does win as God has everything under control.
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=63000

terrene

Banned
Diablos said:
Good. That is the real sexist story this election - that the GOP deems it appropriate to hand out "Coolest State Hottest Governor" bumper stickers at their convention, and feels the need to treat this woman like their party's Vanna White for political gain.

ViperVisor said:
332atlx.jpg

The ironing is delicious..

Haha, seriously.

Wow. I don't even know what to say...

On the one hand, you have a group or party leaders trying to call Obama a "terrorist" asking if "we really know who he is" and implying that he's some radical. On the other hand, you have reporters and media digging into Palin's background and coming up with actual links to AIP, an investigation into ethics violations, and genuine stupidity.

Yeah, we're just not being fair to Palin I guess.

terrene said:
Second of all, they are just the symptom, not the cause. The cause is the right-wing hate media echo-chamber that is very good at getting mainstream attention and twisting the arms of journalists and editors.

Thing is, we, the regular people living our day-to-day lives, can't destroy the cause.

Not yet at least.

JayDubya

Banned
ViperVisor said:
The ironing is delicious..

Come on now.

There was a lot of hearsay shit being spread around; a lot of it baseless and now debunked.

I'm not sure what irony you're going for; that misinformation has been spread about your goldenboy? Sure, it has. Did I engage in that? No. Relevance to me and my post: none.

yoopoo said:

At least they're being logically consistent.

Frank the Great said:
Which doesn't really make sense...if they vote against him and he loses, then all it proves is that Obama wasn't the anti-christ. If they truly thought he was the anti-christ, there would be no point in voting against him because he would win anyway.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
JayDubya said:
Come on now.

There was a lot of hearsay shit being spread around; a lot of it baseless and now debunked.
And a FUCKTON of it true. So true, that it should scare any human being with an IQ over 12 to holy hell.

JayDubya said:
Come on now.

It's one thing when we do it or the media does it. It's another thing when the candidates themselves do it and makes it a part of their platform.

Goodness. Jay, I don't agree with you and I think Libertarianism will never work in it's pure form, but at least I respected your opinion.

Defending Palin...................................................?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Palin released her own report just now about Troopergate... and she's cleared of all wrong-doing.

Shocker.

Frank the Great said:

They believe in talking bushes and snakes, that a drunk can get two of every animal on the planet on a boat.

Fundies believe a whole mess of retarded shit.

bggrthnjsus said:
oh my god i hope this is real
that's barely better than i scored when my parents forced me to take an SAT in SEVENTH GRADE
I'm pretty terrified by this if it's real. My God, I don't think I've ever known anyone who did that bad on the SATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom