• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DigitalSoul said:
It seems to me, McCain would be doing a lot better if his campaign wasn't just pandering only to the Republican base. Am I right? When ever I see footage of McCain rallies, its not a very diverse group, now is it?

I should mention that I'm from Canada, so I'm not totally versed in American politics.

He has a tiny portion of black voters who are Republicans, and he's got a chunk of Hispanics and somehow...
Native Americans.
He's also courted some Hillary supporters and we know Indies and some Dems voted for him in the primaries. Also, with all the talk about racism, the most disturbing thing is
the KKK want Obama to win. They think it will help start a race war.

GrapeApes

CharlieDigital said:
I saw a black guy asking McCain when he was going to hit up Obama on Wright in one of Maddow's clips. He was the only one in the entire frame. He was in a suit. I was wondering if he was paid a handsome sum to be there :lol
By himself, in the front row. Of course it was a plant.

Iksenpets

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
SAT = 841

Wait, was it really 841? How did she even get into school with that?

xs_mini_neo said:
Also, with all the talk about racism, the most disturbing thing is
the KKK want Obama to win. They think it will help start a race war.

Watching some of these McCain/Palin rallies, I almost believe it...

CharlieDigital said:
I saw a black guy asking McCain when he was going to hit up Obama on Wright in one of Maddow's clips. He was the only one in the entire frame. He was in a suit. I was wondering if he was paid a handsome sum to be there :lol

:lol

Did he actually say "hit up"? Cause that would be awesome.

Speevy

Banned
So when do we get the polls which prove none of the negative tactics Mccain will ever try can be effective?

Tomorrow? Next week?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Asian markets have dropped 7-10% so far for Friday already. I think we may be seeing a global market crash, and soon a global depression.

I'm generally not concerned about market drops, as I'm a long term investor. Hell, I'm investing much more than usual right now. But the magnitude of this crash could end up leaving me unemployed.

We as a country cannot afford to have someone like McCain as President, especially considering the type of economists that he surrounds himself with. Obama on the other hand surrounds himself with Warren Buffet, Paul Volcker, etc.

http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=asia

ZeoVGM

Banned
I can't be the only one who thinks of this every time Maverick is mentioned:

L839174Megaman_Maverick_HunterX_PSP.jpg

Technically it is 1600, at least for most college admissions. A lot of schools don't take the new portion into account apparently, at least according to my brother who just went into college.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
xs_mini_neo said:
and somehow...
Native Americans.

Not to generalize, but McCain is very pro-gambling, and for better or worse, that has a huge effect on the mobilization of the Native American vote in a lot of states. Again, that's not universal but it's a HUGE factor.

agrajag

Banned
RiskyChris said:
This should be surprising to no one who has heard this woman speak.

Many people could take a shit on one of the sections of the test and still score better than 841.

I got a 1250 (on a 1600 scale) on my first try without any studying... I got a much better verbal score than she did, despite being a foreigner living in US for six years when I took the test.

Zoe

OuterWorldVoice said:
Not to generalize, but McCain is very pro-gambling, and for better or worse, that has a huge effect on the mobilization of the Native American vote in a lot of states. Again, that's not universal but it's a HUGE factor.

Has Obama ever stated his position on gambling?

Holy crap . . . I'm starting to think those rapture-ready people are right . . . :lol

Code:
Nikkei 225	8,183.37	-974.12	-10.64%
Hang Seng	14,669.49	-1,273.75	-7.99%
Straits Times	1,953.42	-149.29	-7.10%

Nabs

Shockgamer said:
Lol, what's up with that guy in the Maddow recap begging McCain to put the pressure on Obama?

Self hating? Or well paid?

I'm praying for a little of both. I have no response for bullshit like that.

numble

OuterWorldVoice said:
If I recall correctly, he is/was against betting on college sports, which has hurt him in Las Vegas.

Tamanon

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:

Most of the Native American tribes seem to be pretty pro-Obama.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Zoe said:
Has Obama ever stated his position on gambling?

It's irrelevant - McCain is up to his armpits in it. His Vegas connections alone are ridiculous.

Anyway, Native American gambling is a SHITTY issue. Forcing reliance of a race on a single industry, run by "alien" lawyers is obviously a bunch of shit and bad for nearby communities. But you commit genocide on a people and steal all their shit, you owe those motherfuckers.

It just sickens me that the money lines the pockets of corporations, and then secondly, the tribes. Not to mention gambling is kind of unsustainable.

GhaleonEB

Remember when Palin ordered a separate Troopergate investigation by her own people, after the real one was already in motion after she became the veep nominee? And everyone said she would release it right before the official one to preempt the bad news?

She did.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/10/palin_preempts_state_report_cl.php

Palin pre-empts state report, clears self in probe

McCain-Palin campaign pre-empts state ethics report, clears governor of wrongdoing

MATT APUZZO
AP News

Oct 09, 2008 21:37 EST

Trying to head off a potentially embarrassing state ethics report on GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, campaign officials released their own report Thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing.

harSon

Banned
What the fuck? She got into something other then a Junior College with a 2.2 GPA and SATs under a 1000 out of 1600? I got passed up by several colleges with a 3.3 GPA and a 1960 on my SATs... Fuck that shit :lol

Tamanon

Banned
harSon said:
What the fuck? She got into something other then a Junior College with a 2.2 GPA and SATs under a 1000 out of 1600? I got passed up by several colleges with a 3.3 GPA and a 1960 on my SATs... Fuck that shit :lol

To be fair, she went to a couple junior colleges first, I assume that's why she had five colleges for a bachelors.

agrajag

Banned
harSon said:

Times were different.

Chichikov

harSon said:
Were any of those schools a community college in Idaho?

Xeke

Banned
You can't compare scores from then and now. The SAT's are a far greater deal now than they used to be. My parents didn't do well and my dad ended up with a Ph. D.

harSon

Banned
Tamanon said:
To be fair, she went to a couple junior colleges first, I assume that's why she had five colleges for a bachelors.

The article I read says 'She began college at Hawaii Pacific University'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917/

Palin pre-empts state report, clears self
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Trying to head off a potentially embarrassing state ethics report on GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, campaign officials released their own report Thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing.

HAHAHA. man oh man, they release their own campaign report and it magically says she didnt do anything wrong. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

man thats awesome. thats like an accused thief, right before the police finish their investigation and recommend an indictment, issues his own investigation saying of course he did nothing.

hahahaha 'campaign officials released their own report thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing' hahahaha awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom