• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917/

Palin pre-empts state report, clears self

HAHAHA. man oh man, they release their own campaign report and it magically says she didnt do anything wrong. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

man thats awesome. thats like an accused thief, right before the police finish their investigation and recommend an indictment, issues his own investigation saying of course he did nothing.

hahahaha 'campaign officials released their own report thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing' hahahaha awesome

lexdysia

Banned
typhonsentra said:
I'm just was confused is all, it was over a thousand posts back. Have you been reading the backlog or did you just search through my post history?

No. I opened firefox with the resume session feature, and didn't think about it. :lol

McCain-Palin campaign pre-empts state ethics report, clears governor of wrongdoing
MATT APUZZO
AP News
Oct 09, 2008 21:37 EST

Trying to head off a potentially embarrassing state ethics report on GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, campaign officials released their own report Thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing.
I'm not sure if that is technically correct but Thank you AP for phrasing it that way. :lol :lol :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Cloudy said:
McCain is tanking on the Iowa Electronic Market

DEM08_WTA 0.823
REP08_WTA 0.183

He was at 0.379 before the Ayers crap. The debate probably helped too though..

Isn't that the bad choice of the Iowa Elec Market? Don't they have 2 different set of numbers on that site?

Fatalah

electricpirate said:
This, a 401k is a 'Buy and hold kind of thing." You want to buy when the market is hitting bottom, but in reality it's not going to change much in 40 years when your friend cashes out. You'll never be able to time it perfectly. THink of it this way, say his stocks drop another 20-30% in the next month, and say his match maxes out at $100 dollars, so he'll put in $100 this month, with a $100 dollar match and $100 next month with a $100 dollar match. That first $200 will drop to $160-140. By the time the market bottoms, he'll already be ahead of the game, and his initial contribution won't have depreciated.

and when the market starts going up again, and it will, he'll want to have as much money in there as possible.

Makes me feel better. I just started contributing to my 401k portfolio in July.

Shiggie

RubxQub said:
You should vote for Barack Obama. Here is all the evidence one will ever need:

NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW
NSFW http://www.wwtdd.com/ul/13271-123.jpg NSFW
NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW

It's not a bannable offense if it's not nudity right?! ...I'll remove the image post haste if it is :D
NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW
NSFW http://tinyurl.com/4g7tyc NSFW
NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW
I found the source of the pic.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, my friend in Dallas says she saw an Obama commercial there for the first time. I wonder if it was spill-over or if they have THAT much money.:lol

Zoe

Tamanon said:
BTW, my friend in Dallas says she saw an Obama commercial there for the first time. I wonder if it was spill-over or if they have THAT much money.:lol

I saw Obama commercials for the first time in Austin tonight.

(though I haven't been able to watch TV in a while)

GhaleonEB said:
Remember when Palin ordered a separate Troopergate investigation by her own people, after the real one was already in motion after she became the veep nominee? And everyone said she would release it right before the official one to preempt the bad news?

She did.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/10/palin_preempts_state_report_cl.php

i dont think this one is the new one she ordered/asked for. that one is through the gov's ethics board (all of whom she appointed).

this one is apparently from an internal mccain 'investigation'

and the main troopergate one is the state legis's report due tomorrow

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Tamanon said:

I went from not seeing a single one in Rochester NY area to seeing four this week.

And on the SAT topic, I hit 1200 when I took them. In the 7th grade. Though, to be fair, I am a smartass.

Fox318

4hpohg.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Zoe said:
I saw Obama commercials for the first time in Austin tonight.

(though I haven't been able to watch TV in a while)

I'm seeing them here in New Orleans on local television. Shocking, to say the least.

as a former slacker, i have say to i'm sympathetic with palin's subpar academic record. some young people just don't think to take school too seriously until young adulthood.

anyway, is there any word on how incriminating this report will be, or is just completely up in the air. i'm under the impression it'll be pretty underwhelming but what do i know.

Rhindle

Tamanon said:
I think they're starting to do national ad buys on the networks. I saw a couple here in CA yesterday. So the ads are being shown everywhere.

Tobor

Tyrone Slothrop said:
as a former slacker, i have say to i'm sympathetic with palin's subpar academic record. some young people just don't think to take school too seriously until young adulthood.

anyway, is there any word on how incriminating this report will be, or is just completely up in the air. i'm under the impression it'll be pretty underwhelming but what do i know.

That's fine. I myself was quite the slacker in school. I am however, not running for national office.

We need to hold our leaders to a higher intellectual standard.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SpeedingUptoStop said:
My mom asked me today how Obama paid for college/schooling when his mom was on foodstamps and such. She's not some nut, so I figured I'd ask poli-gaf where he got the dough from to go to those colleges. You guys know?

I'mma tell you right now what you mom is hearing. There's some bullshit going around that the republicans are trying to say that Obama's education was funded by some Arab people or company from overseas.

I swear to you GAF that I heard the same thing on the radio 2 days ago.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Tyrone Slothrop said:

It's a circumstantial point to reinforce the evidence of her lack of competence.

She's incompetent now, just like she's always been incompetent.

Tamanon

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
I'mma tell you right now what you mom is hearing. There's some bullshit going around that the republicans are trying to say that Obama's education was funded by some Arab people or company from overseas.

I swear to you GAF that I heard the same thing on the radio 2 days ago.

It's the new Freep viral email. Awesome.

Trurl

Banned
Tobor said:
That's fine. I myself was quite the slacker in school. I am however, not running for national office.

We need to hold our leaders to a higher intellectual standard.
It's high school. Some very smart people do poorly in high school. THe important thing is that she does not happen to be one of those smart people, not that she didn't do well in high school.

Tobor

Trurl said:
It's high school. Some very smart people do poorly in high school. THe important thing is that she does not happen to be one of them, not that she didn't do well in high school.

Fair enough. It's not like anyone will confuse Palin with Einstein in the patent office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom