• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Trakdown said:
There's been a pretty huge enthusiasm gap almost the entire election. It's beautiful.
pretty much. outside of the nutjobs, the mccain camp is pretty confident their candidate is just gonna roll through this no problem.

Obamamaniacs are just about as excited to vote as they were to see The Dark Knight.

associate Obama with Ayers, and smear him cuz they just don't cay-yer
tax cuts for the rich and Republican bullshit
everybody let me here you say oh yeah-yer

GhaleonEB

Rhindle said:
The Swiftboat ads pushed Kerry from +1 to -7 in a couple of days.
Not so. It took a few weeks to catch on. And they started in August.

wqvkkt2m4eo_dzz_yrqpyg.gif

Took until September to start hurting him.

vitaflo

Rhindle said:
The Swiftboat ads pushed Kerry from +1 to -7 in a couple of days.

Swiftboat was about guys who served in Vietnam denouncing Kerry, at a time when the top issue was the war.

This is just McCain and Palin going off on shit that has nothing to do with the economy (our top issue now).

Swiftboat attacks are f'n lame, but the only one with the ammo to do it right now is Obama on McCain and Keating.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Tobor said:
It was a bad joke, mixing world power conspiracy myths on purpose. Oh, well.
Oh right, yeah not today tobor. I'm more speaking of his own campaign feigning campaigning than anything else. When Bush had to destroy Kerry's campaign and all he had on that boyscout who would go after the CIA for possible drug trafficking was "flip-flopper". They got Obama practically bombing Aryan nurseries yet they still can't touch his numbers. McCain supposedly has the same political hit-men as Bush did yet they can't even keep it close? I say keep an eye on those ground teams in swing and contested states because their enthusiasm will reflect the real effort being put into each candidates real campaign.

Rhindle

GhaleonEB said:
Not so. It took a few weeks to catch on. And they started in August.

wqvkkt2m4eo_dzz_yrqpyg.gif

Took until September to start hurting him.
The ad that blew things open was the one featuring his alleged boatmate, which per Wikipedia started airing on August 26.

By the first week of September, Bush opened up a 7-point lead. Kerry just collapsed, and spent the rest of the election trying to claw his way back.

3waybig.jpg

Trurl

Banned
I believe in Ohio.

I don't like how Ohio is singled out for letting down the country. :lol At least we ALMOST voted against Bush. Why can't we focus our hate on Texas and the deep South? A lot of Gaffers were also annoyed that we supported Hillary in the primary, but since I voted for Hillary I feel less of a need to be defensive about that.

ANyway, I think Ohio will go blue this year.

GhaleonEB

Rhindle said:
The ad that blew things open was the one featuring his alleged boatmate, which per Wikipedia started airing on August 26. [/IMG]
Right, but they started August 5. It took a few weeks - and a few different ads - to kick in. That was my point.

We've only got just over three weeks left. They're trying the swiftboat tack with Ayres. Not working.

HylianTom

Banned
Zapages said:
My room mate just got banned from a hardcore republican forum.... He is pissed right now because he posted info about McCain and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_5

That just sucks for him... Although I guess he had some good laughs there though...

I've been nurturing my FreeRepublic membership for about 4 years now. The longevity of my account (in conjunction with me throwing-out some factoids about guns) has been just enough to shield my credibility.

Spreading doom and gloom is fun!

GhaleonEB said:
Right, but they started August 5. It took a few weeks - and a few different ads - to kick in. That was my point.

We've only got just over three weeks left. They're trying the swiftboat tack with Ayres. Not working.
Thankfullllyyy

HylianTom said:
I've been nurturing my FreeRepublic membership for about 4 years now. The longevity of my account (in conjunction with me throwing-out some factoids about guns) has been just enough to shield my credibility.

I like you; let's do lunch sometime.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Trurl said:
I believe in Ohio.

I don't like how Ohio is singled out for letting down the country. :lol At least we ALMOST voted against Bush. Why can't we focus our hate on Texas and the deep South? A lot of Gaffers were also annoyed that we supported Hillary in the primary, but since I voted for Hillary I feel less of a need to be defensive about that.

Cause yall keep f'ckin up that's why.

Zapages

HylianTom said:

My room mate showed me the place he got banned... Its funny because its an emulation site(no roms/illegal stuff that I can tell though) where he got banned from...

They IP banned him from the forum... If you guys want I could post the forum's address here...

Zapages said:
My room mate showed me the place he got banned... Its funny because its an emulation site where he got banned from...

They IP banned him from the forum... If you guys want I could post the forum's address here...
Do it, then...
GAF DEFENSE FORCE, ASSSSEEEEEMMMMBBBLLLLLEEEE!!!!!

Trakdown

Trurl said:
I believe in Ohio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utXFkXwaG7A

You'll understand if I'm less than optimistic.

GhaleonEB said:

Also, I just don't think any of this stuff is substantive enough relative to the situation that is at the forefront of everyone's minds. The swiftboats worked because they undermined his military credentials in a time when ability to lead the military was considered an important issue.

The stuff they're pushing now? People just don't care about it. People have heard of Ayers. They've heard of Wright. And should they try to bring up Rezko, they've heard of him too. Either people just don't consider these figures dangerous enough, or they've conceded that the ties are too weak to matter, but either way, these dogs won't hunt.

Trakdown

Steve Youngblood said:
Also, I just don't think any of this stuff is substantive enough relative to the situation that is at the forefront of everyone's minds. The swiftboats worked because they undermined his military credentials in a time when ability to lead the military was considered an important issue.

The stuff they're pushing now? People just don't care about it. People have heard of Ayers. They've heard of Wright. And should they try to bring up Rezko, they've heard of him too. Either people just don't consider these figures dangerous enough, or they've conceded that the ties are too weak to matter, but either way, these dogs won't hunt.

I had to research Ayers and Rezko when they were first brought up. There's no instant recognition with this stuff for most people.

Rhindle

GhaleonEB said:

Of course it isn't.

I was responding to the other poster saying that it would take another 9/11 to turn things around, and that obviously isn't true.

The Ayres crap is good for a point or two, tops, and even that won't hold for more than a week.

Tobor

Steve Youngblood said:

Besides, all of this is moot, since Kerry != Obama. People were practically begging for a stupid reason to not vote for Kerry.

Odrion

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Yea, I'm beginning to believe this. Unless there's some unforseen event on the horizon that totally changes the game, like, 9/11 times 100, Obama has this one in the tank, IMO. numbers don't lie, baby.
Bradly Effect + Republican Poll Fuckery

GhaleonEB

I get a kick out of the Politico sometimes.

Yesterday's "Game Day" daily scorecard.

This could get old, folks, but it’s still true: every day that McCain doesn’t move to change the campaign narrative is a victory for the Democrats.
Obama wins the day.

Today:

No huge political news, no big shifts in momentum - and no exciting moves from the frontrunners. Call it a tie.
Gotta love it.

Zapages

Dax01 said:

Yeah, I am a little disappointed as well... But 4chan could do the job, right??? Can't we get some revenge for our pleasure... Please mods... Can we, just once. I've never experienced this... How is it like. ??? Plus its for my room mate who been a member there for 6 years there and got banned for posting about that....

PS: I've never been to 4chan nor do I ever plan to...

mj1108

Zapages said:
Yeah, I am a little disappointed as well... But 4chan could do the job, right??? Can't we get some revenge for our pleasure... Please mods... Can we, just once. I've never experienced this... How is it like. ??? Plus its for my room mate who been a member there for 6 years there and got banned for posting about that....

Ask yourself this: WWOD? (What would Obama do?)

He'd stay classy and not lower himself to that, that's what.

Zapages

ryutaro's mama said:
B. Hussein Obama?

Seriously?

I'd like to see Obama win but seeing shit like this makes me REALLY want to see him win.

Same here man... Same here... Personally I can't even visit the forum, because we are on the wireless...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Zapages said:

NeoGAF is not 4chan.

Trakdown

Odrion said:
Bradly effect + Republican Poll Fuckery

Bradley effect hasn't been legit in recent elections. I doubt they'll start now.

And I'm guessing you mean vote fuckery, since they haven't been able to fudge polls yet.

mAcOdIn

I don't like Ayers, I don't think he should be revered as he is in the community either. That said:

Americans aren't really afraid of domestic terrorists, especially ones from the Vietnam era because everyone was fucking crazy back then. Find someone who was 100% on the straight and narrow there. People look at that shit and I think they almost understand where they were coming from.

Plus, I do think there is an element of prejudice towards Islamic terrorism and domestic terrorism.

I really don't think this will have an effect on Obama.

Zapages

mj1108 said:
Ask yourself this: WWOD? (What would Obama do?)

He'd stay classy, that's what.

Yeah I know man... But the fun and of never been in one would be so much fun... I don't know. :lol

Plus they rip at him for being the only muslim member there...

GhaleonEB

Looks like some new polls crept up tonight, on Pollster. Obama ahead in Ohio, Florida and North Carolina.

Strategic Vision (R)
10/6-8/2008;

Florida
1,200 likely voters, +/-3
Obama 52, McCain 44
(9/23: Obama 45, McCain 48)

Ohio
1,200 likely voters, +/-3
Obama 48, McCain 46
(9/9: Obama 44, McCain 48)​

Swings in both states.

Civitas Institute (R)/Tel Opinion Research