• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stridone

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
So, now it's about how many people said crazy would be able to kill with a gun vs. bat?

All while dancing around the initial question I posed?

Ok, I'm done.

I'm just saying that the pros (some rednecks having fun @ shooting animals? I don't know actually...) don't outweigh the cons (like the 33 deaths at Virginia Tech last year).

Opiate

Branduil said:
You know I didn't.

He's being obnoxious, but please consider my position. As another example, calling "the economy" a single issue is like calling "social reform" a single issue, when social reform would actually be a composite of scores of major topics like abortion, civil rights, immigration policies, gun control, and so many others.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Vennt said:
No don't, seriously don't - Any future abortion-related derailments of PoliGAF's election threads are going to be met with bans so dictatorial that even the anarchists will start crying for a mommy-state.
No doubt, he's typing the post up right now and won't see this warning, and thusly, the incoming ban hammer.:lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Vennt said:
No don't, seriously don't - Any future abortion-related derailments of PoliGAF's election threads are going to be met with bans so dictatorial that even the anarchists will start crying for a mommy-state.

HEED THIS WARNING.
I came...so hard.

Branduil

Opiate said:
He's being obnoxious, but please consider my position. As another example, calling "the economy" a single issue is like calling "social reform" a single issue, when social reform would actually be a composite of scores of major topics like abortion, civil rights, immigration policies, gun control, and so many others.
Well, I'd love to respond, but I really can't now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The economy is not a "single issue" as it affects many, MANY different aspects of life. It affects your monetary income, it affects whether you can afford healthcare, whether you get to keep your house, whether you get to put food on the table, and so forth.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Vennt said:

HEED THIS WARNING.

Back to waiting for the polls!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Branduil said:
Well, I'd love to respond, but I really can't now.
Go create an official abortion thread and say whatever the fuck you want.

Tobor

Vennt said:

HEED THIS WARNING.

All of PoliGAF wins this day.

Stridone said:
I'm just saying that the pros (some rednecks having fun @ shooting animals? I don't know actually...) don't outweigh the cons (like the 33 deaths at Virginia Tech last year).

Ah...now I see...

If that's you definition of who a registered gun owner is,I NOW understand your "position".

Stereotype much?

ryutaro's mama said:
WHY SO SERIOUS?
wlw1u8.gif

Vennt said:

HEED THIS WARNING.

Finally.

Stridone

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Ah...now I see...

If that's you definition of who a registered gun owner is,I NOW understand your "position".

Stereotype much?

I'm giving an example. You're pretty much completely avoiding the point. I'm dutch, so please educate me about all the positive sides of legal gun ownership.

Xeke

Banned
Stridone said:
I'm giving an example. You're pretty much completely avoiding the point. I'm dutch, so please educate me about all the positive sides of legal gun ownership.

Shooting shit is fun. Target shooting is fun. Please tell me all the positive sides of legal tobacco or Bacardi 151.

reilo said:
The economy is not a "single issue" as it affects many, MANY different aspects of life. It affects your monetary income, it affects whether you can afford healthcare, whether you get to keep your house, whether you get to put food on the table, and so forth.

and if people have good health care, cheap access to birth control, good jobs, good education, etc., they're probably less likely to do that other thing which shall not be named...

Stridone said:

Ok, well, most people I know shoot for hobby/sport.

But some have for home defense.

Others for hunting.

The point is, everyone's motivation for gun owning is different, and greater than 99.9% don't involve plans to shoot up a school.

Cloudy said:
WTF GA congressman says McCain stoking racism. McCain campaign wants Obama to apologize :lol

It seems that since the McCain campaign's attempts to get Obama to fall into their "angry black man" trap has failed they're now turning their attention towards making his supporters angry. That way when we turn into a frothing mob screaming for his blood they can point and say "See, they're a bunch of crazy idiots too!!!"

Stridone

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Ok, well, most people I know shoot for hobby/sport.

But some have for home defense.

Others for hunting.

The point is, everyone's motivation for gun owning is different, and greater than 99.9% don't involve plans to shoot up a school.

They can still shoot for hobby at a shooting range. For home defense, you don't need a gun. Still, if you think these things are more important than the lives of random college students and such, that's your choice. I'm personally glad to live in a mostly gun-free country.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
soul creator said:
and if people have good health care, cheap access to birth control, good jobs, good education, etc., they're probably less likely to do that other thing which shall not be named...
Such lies.

Stridone said:
They can still shoot for hobby at a shooting range. For home defense, you don't need a gun. Still, if you think these things are more important than the lives of random college students and such, that's your choice. I'm personally glad to live in a mostly gun-free country.
...must be nice. Gun-free usually means hick-free too!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
EMBee99 said:
Unless you're a woman, you shouldn't have a damn thing to say about abortion.
Well I...

HEED THIS WARNING.

...ah, nevermind. :D

Xeke

Banned
Stridone said:
They're fun for some and aren't really harmful to other people.

I believe there are more alcohol related deaths and deaths by innocents in traffic accidents than gun deaths in the USA. Easily.

We should probably re institute Prohibition.

Gruco

Banned
Well, I just gave $100 to Martin, $50 to Franken, and $25 to a couple house races. Felt damn good to. Probably will be more where that came from, this is crunch time baby.

Dax01 said:
(neutral) EMBee99
Banned
(Today, 03:13 PM)
:lol Poor guy.

I wish mods would put it in the thread title when they make on the fly new rules. It's a bit unfair because somebody could have been creating a post without reading the latest posts.

Gruco said:
Well, I just gave $100 to Martin, $50 to Franken, and $25 to a couple house races. Felt damn good to. Probably will be more where that came from, this is crunch time baby.
Awesome man, somebody re-post the link to that article explaining why your donations are better spent on Senate races...

Cloudy

Banned
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/john-mccain-ral.html

John McCain rally in Iowa marked by partisan prayer

Rev. Arnold Conrad, in delivering an invocation at a rally today for John McCain in Davenport, Iowa, apparently didn't get the word from the candidate about elevating the tone at such gatherings.

Conrad, who appeared before the crowd before McCain had arrived, offered a prayer that seemed to urge divine intervention to prevent Barack Obama from winning the presidential election -- and cast the outcome as a referendum on differing religions.

The Times' Maeve Reston was at the event, and she passed along the key passage from Conrad's words:

I would also pray Lord that your reputation is involved in all that happens between now and November, because there are millions of people around this world praying to their God -- whether it's Hindu, Buddha, Allah -- that his [McCain’s] opponent wins for a variety of reasons.

And Lord I pray that you would guard your own reputation, because they’re going to think that their god is bigger than you, if that happens. So I pray that you would step forward and honor your own name in all that happens between now and Election Day.

Oh Lord, we just commit this time to you, move among us, make your presence very well felt as we are gathered here today in Jesus's name I pray.

Some in the crowd greeted the prayer with applause.

Unreal :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom