• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGrayGhost said:
I don't know why, but I must have watched the behind-the-scenes of the DNC video at least five times. I keep coming back to it and showing it to my friends and family. I get a sense of the of the Obama family and the Obama/Biden relationship. It's endearing and heartwarming, especially in those "frivolous" moments in which you see them as normal people.

Where is this video at?

EDIT: Nvm, found it.

Tamanon said:
Huh....according to TPM, the "Obama is an Arab terrorist" questioner from that McCain town hall actually got that idea from a pamphlet that she got from another volunteer at the local McCain office. And she herself had been distributing that pamphlet too......something's odd.
What's the implication here? Just some crazy lady who got hold of the mic? Or are you suggesting she is purposely being used by the McCain campaign as some broader strategy of spreading lies and hate to drum up support by the crazies, and then have McCain publicly speak out against it to so as not to actually be associated with that crowd (but still get their votes)?

October 12, 2008
Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll

Obama 49% (+1)
McCain 43% (-1)

Democratic Party presidential nominee Barack Obama took a step into rarified air this morning, standing for the first time outside the statistical margin of error in a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby likely voter poll. The survey shows him moving into a statistically significant edge of 6.1 percentage points over Republican John McCain in the latest nationwide sample.

The rolling telephone tracking poll, including a sample of 1,206 likely voters collected over the previous three 24-hour periods spanning four calendar days - approximately 400 per 24-hour period from Oct. 8-11, 2008 - shows Obama's lead growing from the 3.8 percentage points he enjoyed yesterday.

The biggest development of the last 24 hours in terms of the poll was Obama's strong move among independent voters, where he now leads McCain by 21 percentage points, roughly doubling his support from just the day before. Among Democrats, Obama wins 85% support, while McCain wins 86% support among Republicans. It is an interesting side note that McCain is winning more support from Democrats (10%) than Obama is winning from Republicans (8%), but the edge is insignificant.

Zogby is such a weirdo sometimes. I find it highly dubious that Obama doubled his independent support in one day but whatever.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Stoney Mason said:
October 12, 2008

Obama 49% (+1)
McCain 43% (-1)

Democratic Party presidential nominee Barack Obama took a step into rarified air this morning, standing for the first time outside the statistical margin of error in a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby likely voter poll. The survey shows him moving into a statistically significant edge of 6.1 percentage points over Republican John McCain in the latest nationwide sample.

Data from this poll is available here

Zogby is such a weirdo sometimes. I find it highly dubious that Obama doubled his independent support in one day but whatever.
Wow to be honest that's a lot closer than I thought it'd be. :(

Macam

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
So is anyone on GAF considering ignoring the election results and waking up to find out who our next president will be the next morning like I am?

What will you guys DO on election night? *shudders*

Find a local bar, or convince one, that will nuke the ESPN HD reruns for one night and air the election results instead. In return, I'll inevitably rack up a huge Tuesday night bar tab. If and when Obama gets elected, I'll do my best to save some brain cells for the memories of the occasion; otherwise, I'll drink myself to Palin levels of stupidity in disgust. And frankly, in the latter case scenario, it sounds like more of a challenge.

For the first time, I really feel like Obama's gonna win, and I'm so fucking excited. Fuck all the bullshit about Obama being better than McCain, in my lifetime I will have seen the first black president!!!!!!!! I remember when I was younger black people saying that would have gotten a "nigga please", but now it's actually true.

My gf's cousin's a lawyer in DC and we're going to the inauguration. GOBAMA! GOBAMA! GOBAMA!!!!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'll probably get some friends together, or some of our families, and just watch the results together.

It's gonna be epic.
I'm throwing a party the friday after the election. Everyone's coming to town, it's gonna be great.

I'm gonna be grinning from ear to ear when I go in first hour wednesday, and just smile at the thick headed 40+ year old republican sitting in the center of my sociology class. Just smile.

AniHawk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20953

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR (10-28-2004)

Pre-election:

Koshiro said:
I'm pretty certain Bush will get in, because I'm often hearing Americans say (I'm a Brit) "He's a good man" as if that's a reason for him to be president. The other thing that I keep hearing from Amerians I know it that the rest of the world should mind their own business. Isn't that somewhat ironic?

I don't really like Kerry that much, but yeah, anyone but Bush.

Alcibiades said:
Larry Sabatos says Bush needs a 5-6% lead in the polls to win marginally, while Dick Morris said Clinton will help Kerry and things are pointing in his direction, and Zogby has long held that Bush would need quite a formidable effort to overcome Kerry, who has tons of advantages...

I'm pro-Bush for this election, but a Kerry win will help the Democratic wake up to the realities of terrorism IMO...

I'd be really be much more upset with a Kerry win if Republican's were in trouble in Congress, but at worst, they'll keep the House and Kerry won't be able to pass all the random stuff he's been spouting off anyway...

Bush in the White House would be ideal IMO for the so-called "War on Terror", but Kerry in the White House would at least ensure some brutal mid-terms IMO...

I think the Bush/conservative side totally dropped the ball in response to the Dean/Moore-type attacks... They have some good film responses, but only Fahrenhype 9/11 is widely available in DVD, the other two are in theatres, which is just dumb if they wanted to change minds...

I cannot believe it, but quite a few of my best friends seem to buy into the Moore's movie as undistorted, complete fact... One even almost couldn't sleep over how much the movie scared her, I wonder if she imagined Saudi's coming to rule us or what, because IMO the movie was powerful, but not distressing if you've researched it's assertions and counterpoints in advance... Some other really good buddies I've known since HS and are kinda best friends and play games with a lot in summers I guess aren't really prone to conspiracy paranoia, but the disaffection from politics in the first place probably makes Moore's attempts to affect people easier...

Like Stone and Parker, I think it's stupid and weak-minded (or maybe just ignorance) for a movie, even Fahrenheit 9/11 to change your mind or compel you to vote, for either Kerry or Bush...

There's little either candidate can do at this point, but I say the "closeness" of the race and Bush under 50% in polls is an indication that Republicans/conservatives dropped the ball in action and getting a dialouge with gullible young voters...

I think he can still win, but as an example, if he's ahead 48%-44% in Florida (just an example not citing any specific poll), he's, by historical standards, in big trouble cause undecideds break for challenger...

In all honesty though, IMO Kerry is the "lesser of two evils" in terms of fighting the war on terrorism between him and Dean. I'm a big Dean fan for some of his domestic ideas like on healthcare, but I would not trust him on security at all... at least the war wouldn't fall apart (hopefully) and a Republican could step into the race for a serious go at it in '08 (hopefully someone like McCain)... unless of course Kerry becomes unacceptable to his own party and a certain Senator from New York takes advantage to pre-empt the eventual campaign in '12 from Edwards, which would happen if Kerry wins in '04...

KingGondo said:
Bottom line:

Largest deficit in history.

A slugglish economy (reinforced by recent consumer confidence polls).

A war in Iraq that is going "fair" at best--an organized and brutal insurgency is flexing its muscle.

$150 billion in tax cuts for businesses (signed on a plane) while requests of $60 billion additional funds are made for the war effort.

When do you finally NOT vote for a guy?

If Bush is re-elected, I will weep for our country.

Incognito said:
GOP SUPRESSING THE GODDAMN BLACK VOTE -- AGAIN!!!
milwaukee.gif

Incognito said:
This will impress Raoul Duke! Joe Biden handpicked by Kerry to be Sec. of State should Kerry win election...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...334724,00.html

Joe Biden rocks the hizzouse.

siamesedreamer said:
I'm a registered REP in Georgia and I'm voting for Bush and Johnny Isakson. I'm trying to be objective about all the things going on and here are my thoughts.

A Bush Win:

I think a Bush win would be disastrous for REPs long term. He is so polarizing that I think the 2006 midterms would be a DEM revolution tilting both houses back to the DEMs (if not put them back in the majority). I also think a Bush win could lead to 12-16 years of a DEM White House. I can't stand Rumsfeld (Bush needs to fire him immediately) and Bush completely dropped the ball by listening to Rummy when he went into Iraq without enough troops (as it turns out to be true now). I think all the problems in Iraq go back to that very thing - too little troops from the outset. That being said, 4 years is a long time in politics and my dreary forcast for a DEM revolution could turn out to be completely wrong.

I think Bush has stronger convictions than Kerry and as a result is better suited to run the country in this time of terrorism. The economy (through the tax cuts) has been roaring back to life in the last 18 months or so. There's been 1.9 million new jobs created since 8/03. I would like to see the neo-con dream of a democratic nation in the heart of the middle east given 4 more years to see it through (as I think Kerry probably will cut and run - though not at first). I desperately would like to see Bush's idea of privatizing Social Security for young workers (that's probably the biggest reason why Bush gets my vote).

A Kerry Win:

For all intents and purposes, this is the far left's last chance for a major power grab as I don't think Hillary has a prayer in 2008 should Kerry lose. Kerry would essentially be powerless through 2006 as both houses are controlled by the REPs. That's a comforting thought. I think he loves his country and would do everything possible to protect it. I also think there's a tiny chance that he could get other countries involved in Iraq.

But, there are so many things that he has shown me that makes it fundamentally impossible for me to vote for him. First, he wants to saddle my generation (I'm 27) with debt from another major government entitlement program in the form of government subsidized healthcare for millions and millions of Americans. My generation is already on the hook for trillions and trillions of dollars due to baby boomers in the form of SS and Medicare beginning in 2009. It would be fiscally disastrous and irresponsable to put this burden on us. This also relates to Kerry wanting to completely ignore the impending SS crunch that is a reality for me and my generation. It is outrageous for him to ignore it and not want to change a progam that is a dinosaur and is on life support.

Second, the Supreme Court only has one member under the retirement age. There's a good chance that who ever is elected Tuesday will get to nominate a new SC justice. It is absolutely frightening who Kerry could chose to sit on the bench (yeah, I know the Senate has to approve it). What I consider to be a pretty good make up of the SC could suddenly end up looking like San Francisco's 9th Curcuit Court of Appeals under a Kerry presidency (good forbid he gets re-elected). Had the DEMs nominated a more moderate candidate, this wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue for me.

I think it an absolute farce that Kerry's running mate could be VP or in a disastrous scenario POTUS. This guy has 4 years as a junior senator from NC on his resume and that's it. He very likely would not have even been re-elected had he not decided to run for president. He doesn't deserve to be where he's at right now. I would have been much more comfortable with a Wesley Clark in the VP spot. His credentials far exceed anything Edwards has ever done.

There are many, many more issues that I could name, but they are petty and would only ignite stupid resonses from other posters.

Anyway, I hope we actually know who has won Tuesday night. Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

Incognito said:
What's an election year without the republicans trying to disenfranchise voters?

From Ohio,

lakecounty.gif

Alabama,

JeffCo2004.gif

Head to DailyKos to read actual reports of the repugs playing dirty.

:lol

ELECTION DAY (11-02-04) (pre-voting)

Socreges said:
BIG DAY TODAY, AMERICA

We're all watching you. Don't fuck up!

Incognito said:
I haven't been this nervous and anxious since Christmas Eve '90. I'm not LEAVING my couch tomorrow, fuck school.

Iceman said:
I can't wait to spend all of tomorrow surrounded by all those well meaning democrats who'll complain about how I'm ruining their futures and single handedly responsible for killing a couple of Iraqi's every day and that I'm a moron and should be fleeced from the earth along with every other conservative and that they're glad I voted in California and not in their contested state ...

But while they'll be stressed all day I'll be working unfazed.

Some people put so much stock in these elections.. like their lives hang in the balance. It's quite scary. That said, I will carry such the air of superiority on Wednesday should Bush be the clear winner. Hey, it's always good to be with the winner. For example, being a Boston Red Sox fan feels huge right now... New Yorkers can't even look me in the eye, heh, heh.

Iceman said:
Can any of you guys be civil in your discussion of politics? That's why I haven't even bothered entering these threads over the last few months or even talk about politics at work. It immediately becomes a lecture on how I'm ignorant.

You guys do realize that many of us conservatives think you guys are daft right?

It works both ways. Heck I'll even throw around the notion that the democratic party is innately racist... but you know I try to hold my tongue in the interest of having an intelligent, considerate conversation about what the right policies should be at all levels of our government.

Like coming to an agreement on abortion, weighing out the consequences of establishing a flat tax, shifting some of the powers and responsibilities of governance to that of state and local versus federal and vice versa, coming up with intelligent ways of dealing with health care in America without having to accept a money siphoning and minimally effective federal blanket system, weaning us away from the old, tired and useless social security system, etc...

But the moment the venom comes out all these thoughts go out the window and we (at least I) have to get defensive. It's stupid. You can't start a debate by calling the other person a offensive/dangerous/an idiot and hope that something useful can come out of it.
Voting Starts:

Diablos said:
I just got back from voting. Democratic all the way through

+1 Kerry in PA.

Meier said:
+1 Bush in Leon County, FL (where he will be absolutely slaughtered).

Willco said:
+1 Kerry
+1 Mikulski

I can't believe I voted so Democratic. My party is ashamed of me!

Ignatz Mouse said:
+1 Kerry in Illinois-- where it's likely not to matter... but then I remember how close 2000 was when it shoudln't have been.

Outdoor Miner said:
Went to vote this morning with my gf, a 2 minute wait and I was in and out.

(Illinois)
+2 Kerry/Edwards
+2 Obama

siamesedreamer said:
Georgia

+1 Bush
+1 Isakson
+1 Gay marriage ban

Suck it down haters.

Hitokage said:
NC:

+1 John Kerry
+1 Mike Easley
+1 Erskine Bowles

Voting continues, but polls and results start pouring in:

Ignatz Mouse said:
The early exit polls are a lousy indicator-- they skew toward women, where Kerry has a lead. You have to wait until the after-work vote starts coming in.

By the same token, all the other polls (showing a sligh Bush lead) don't factor in the demographic of people who don't have land lines... so those polls are screwed, too.

Meanwhile, all these news stories amount to each side building up their case to call foul if they lose. Pathetic, but after Florida in 2000, understandable. If we have any races as close as that and New Mexico again, I'll scream.

The cynic in me thinks that with advanced polling tactics and campaign strategies, we mave have close presidential elections from now on, as candidates carve up the electorate and fine-tune their platforms based on the numbers. Kerry's not the only flip-flopper for political gain-- Bush actually has more outright flip-flops on his record. It's a fact of modern politics.

Anyway, go Kerry, go! Lesser of two evils and all that.

Ecrofirt said:
Took me about 10 minutes.

It was my first time in a voting booth, and we have one of those big old green things where you have to push the levers down to fove for your candidate.

First I fucked it up, and nearly voted for the Libritarians. Then I tried pulling the party lever so my republican votes would go through ( the guy suggested I pull the party lever, and then manually change the votes to people of another party if I didn't want to vote straight party ticket), and the damn thing wouldn't budge.

I finally voted manually for everyone I wanted, but the party ticket lever not pulling really concerns me. I'm afraid I fucked somethnig up, and my vote for W didn't go through.

I bet all you dems would love that.

Father_Brain said:
If Kerry wins, which I'm at least 80% certain he will, my faith in humanity will have been restored. (I'm betting that his victory will be outside the margin of litigation and that we will find out tonight.)

BorkBork said:
Zogby:

Electoral Votes:

Bush

Kerry

Too Close To Call
Nevada (5)

Too Close To Call
Colorado (9)

Kerry leading Florida by .1% so far.. Wow this is crazy!

Incognito said:
6PM Exit polls:

Kerry Bush

PA 53 46
FL 51 49
NC 48 52
OH 51 49
MO 46 54
AK 47 53
MI 51 47
NM 50 49
LA 43 56
CO 48 51
AZ 45 55
MN 54 44
WI 52 47
IA 49 49

AniHawk said:
Just finished voting. Took 5 minutes (20 including walking back and forth to the place).

+1 Kerry.

MIMIC said:
It's official now:

Bush: 34
Kerry: 3

Incognito said:
Virginia has 53-37% for Kerry so far...

:lol

That's ACTUAL VOTES.

North Carolina is now too close to call...

Outdoor Miner said:
Bush blowing out Kerry in VA at 8% reporting

144,214 59% - Bush
98,759 41% - Kerry

Diablos said:
66-77 KERRY bitches! WOOT

Lemonz said:
OBAMA 87% KEYES 11%

LOL!!!!

People really start looking at Ohio instead of Florida:

Matt said:
Ohio is now leaning Bush 51-49. I want to kill myself.

White Man said:
The media is calling some of these states awfully early. This reeks of 2000.

GSG Flash said:
Why the fuck are people afraid of change?

duderon said:
Ohio

Bush 52%
Kerry 48%

5% in

Mashing said:
This is absolutely hilarious... watching Kerry fans wriggle on the hook.

Iceman said:
democrats hate bush because he's a republican and that's it...

Xenon said:
haha this reminds me of the soda/car/rabbit race at halftime at sporting events with the back and forth....

+1 Bush
+1 Obama

the mrs
+1 Kerry(=P)
+1 Obama

not that it mattered in IL

GO BUSH!

Diablos said:
I somehow doubt those 250,000 lost ballots in Ohio will end up being counted by Thursday. Bush will get his way once again.

I feel sick... this is looking bad. Really, really bad.

duderon said:
Ohio 76% precincts

gap back to 130,000

We're DOOMED

Kon Tiki said:
CBC 237-207

Ah well always wanted to see what a Civil War was like.

Ninja Scooter said:
Barack Obama in 2008! KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

God-fucking-dammit:

Triumph said:
America has failed it's national IQ test.

Oh well, there will be some serious shit going down here in the next four years. May you live in interesting times, indeed.

Drinky Crow said:
Well, here's my take.

We got out the vote alright -- well, more accurately, ROVE got out the vote. Evangelicals got mobilized -- exit polls report that the TOP issue among Republican voters was NOT Iraq; NOT terror; NOT the economy; NOT prescription drugs; it WAS PUBLIC MORALS.

There's no doubt that those little "Kerry wants to ban the Bible" flyers were 100% effective. Even if the recipients didn't believe them 100%, why would they take the chance? More importantly, though, the "gay marriage/stem cell/abortion" spike Rove hammered down the throats of the media made a huge difference in battleground states; is there ANY doubt how the voters that showed up at Ohio's booths JUST for the anti-gay marriage referendum voted in the prez race?

Lastly, as drohne pointed out on IRC, Gibson's "The Passion" showed evangelicals that they were a large and powerful force, both economically AND politically.

The ghost of Barry Goldwater smiles on America this day.

FightyF said:
4 more years of great content for the Daily Show...yay?

-jinx- said:
Living in this country just got even more dangerous for anyone with any kind of intelligence or dissenting opinion. I'm seriously so angry that I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

pestul said:
Obama 2008!!

At least he got by the obvious name association..

soundwave05 said:
I would think Hillary Clinton (ugh) will probably run in 2008.

Obama is a great candidate though. Really strong, down to earth.

Meier said:
Jak140 said:
I've heard rumors that some people who used the electronic voting systems in Ohio ran into problems. Someone told me that two of his relatives in Ohio that voted Kerry ended up with reciepts that said they voted for Bush.
It begins. :lol :lol :lol Gotta love the Dems.

f_elz said:
If bush wins... terrorist attack in a month or so.

Doc Holliday said:
I wonder who the republicans are going to blame now when the shit hits the fan?! No clinton, republican congress and who knows how many bush appointed judges in the sup. court.

Phoenix said:
What the democratic party needs are good leaders. If they have ANY sense at all they need to start sorting through their ranks next month and start getting their 2008 candidates ready and groomed for potential office, voting along the parties ideals, vocal in chambers and vocal in the eyes of the people. Then they need to come up with a message - what the hell does the democratic party stand for? I still don't know. They need to enforce this message in both the states where they are strong but particularly in the states where they are week. They need to not be afraid of challenging the presidential policies and start making decisions on what they believe and not their reelections. If some democrats get voted out of office, that's fine - but you have to develop a platform. Next you need to seriously look at the issues that turned people in your own party against you. Why 23% of gay/lesbian people voted for Bush is just beyond comprehension for me. Why 45% of youth (who very much could be drafted if things go south) voted for Bush is interesting - though somewhat reasonably debated.

Get your list of people together, get your 2008 platform, and start hitting the streets. Do what the Republicans have done and start funding think tanks to come up with political strategy and target messages. Help out your democratic governers in republican held states so that over the next 4 you can start to sway voters in states that are considered a lock for a particular candidate.

Iksenpets

Banned
I think a Bush win would be disastrous for REPs long term. He is so polarizing that I think the 2006 midterms would be a DEM revolution tilting both houses back to the DEMs (if not put them back in the majority). I also think a Bush win could lead to 12-16 years of a DEM White House. I can't stand Rumsfeld (Bush needs to fire him immediately) and Bush completely dropped the ball by listening to Rummy when he went into Iraq without enough troops (as it turns out to be true now). I think all the problems in Iraq go back to that very thing - too little troops from the outset. That being said, 4 years is a long time in politics and my dreary forcast for a DEM revolution could turn out to be completely wrong.

Pretty nice prediction there.

For all intents and purposes, this is the far left's last chance for a major power grab as I don't think Hillary has a prayer in 2008 should Kerry lose.

Not so much there.

GhaleonEB

Hey Ani thanks for depressing the living fuck out of me all of a sudden. Like having suppressed childhood molestation suddenly back on full display. :(

Stoney Mason said:
October 12, 2008

Obama 49% (+1)
McCain 43% (-1)

One thought about this. It's the first tracker to report polling from today, after the Troopergate report came out. It's likely independant voters are going to react to this more strongly than partisans and may be further pushed away from Palin/McCain by it.

Of course, with the caveat that this is Zogby (lolz) and a tiny sample size: 400 interviews today, of which ~100 or so are independents. So the move in independent voters could be noise in a small sample size or something more. Worth watching as the other four trackers come in tomorrow morning.

Cloudy

Banned
A bit OT but I'd like some thoughts on this..

If Hilary was the Dem nominee, would she have picked Obama? Would he have agreed?

And who would McCain have picked in that case?

AniHawk

GhaleonEB said:
Hey Ani thanks for depressing the living fuck out of me all of a sudden. Like having suppressed childhood molestation suddenly back on full display. :(

What's funny to me is just how off Zogby was four years ago.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Cloudy said:
A bit OT but I'd like some thoughts on this..

If Hilary was the Dem nominee, would she have picked Obama? Would he have agreed?

And who would McCain have picked in that case?
McCain would had to have guaranteed the Devil the souls of every american to win that kind of election. That's like Mario and Sonic running against Donkey Kong. where the fuck do you go? you're fucked.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
TheGrayGhost said:
I don't know why, but I must have watched the behind-the-scenes of the DNC video at least five times. I keep coming back to it and showing it to my friends and family. I get a sense of the of the Obama family and the Obama/Biden relationship. It's endearing and heartwarming, especially in those "frivolous" moments in which you see them as normal people.
Sorry, missed the original link. Repost, please.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's still ridiculous seeing how completely different the exit polls were from the actual results.

Statistically, I think the discrepancies shown had like a 1/400,000 chance of happening, or some low chance like that.

:|

AniHawk

GaimeGuy said:
It's still ridiculous seeing how completely different the exit polls were from the actual results.

Statistically, I think the discrepancies shown had like a 1/400,000 chance of happening, or some low chance like that.

I think we'll see something similar this year.

Ignatz Mouse said:
The early exit polls are a lousy indicator-- they skew toward women, where Kerry has a lead. You have to wait until the after-work vote starts coming in.

It needs to be a big, crushing early majority to last.

GhaleonEB

Watched the "Four days in Denver" video earlier today. The best moments were when Obama was talking about the bet with is daughter; he sound like a funny, loving dad. And then the very end with he and Biden repeatedly blowing their lines. You can tell there's actual friendship there, not to people cobbled together for politics. They have chemistry.

Cloudy

Banned
Noam Chomsky on the election:

http://westernstandard.blogs.com/shotgun/2008/10/noam-chomsky-if.html

If I were in a swing state, I'd vote for Obama, reluctantly and without illusions, only because I think that McCain-Palin and the constituency they represent are extremely dangerous -- in fact, there's a proto-fascist character, a term I don't use lightly.

He has some other interesting comments about the GOP base in the link. I can see the GOP ad now :lol

GaimeGuy said:

2004 was brutal because of the exit polls. I had mentally and emotionally prepared myself for a Kerry loss the entire final month. It just seemed inevitable that Bush would win. But I let those damn exit polls get my hopes up only to be crushed later that night. :(

I've never been more angry politics wise than when Bush talked about his "mandate" and the political capital he had gained after the election when dude won by 34 electoral votes and a 2.4% vote differential and was acting like he had just blown him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom