• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Sharp said:
When a presidential candidate is advertising in Burnout Paradise I think it's clear that he has a shitload of cash at hand. He's probably got people looking full-time for ways to spend this much money over the next three weeks.

wait, he is really running ads during games?

:lol

Soybean said:
Noooooo!

Gallup:
Obama 50 (-1)
McCain 43 (+1)

i expect the gap to fluctuate and close up a great deal over the next few weeks. i'm prepared for it.

maximum360 said:
racistbf5.png

abortions? same sex marriages?? that's a deal breaker if i ever saw one.

Sharp said:
Reading through the old election thread, what astounds me the most is how many people actually thought that Bush's election was a good idea. At least now America realizes it fucked up, but at the time I thought that anyone with eyes could see Bush was destroying the country from every possible angle. Guess I was wrong.

That's the problem though; a large percentage of Americans (Basically, the vast majority of McCain supporters) haven't learned anything. They have acknowledged that Bush was bad but have absolved themselves of any personal responsibility in his re-election. Now, they're falling for the same exact brand of politics instead of learning from past mistakes and doing some research into the options that they have.

maximum360 said:
Apparently in MO...

racistbf5.png
Ignoring the way racist image . . .

More abortions? How so? Nothing has changed and it is not like he could make abortions more legal than legal.

More Taxes? Not for 95% of the people. taxcompare.jpg

Gay marriages? Obama is against gay marriage (though he is also against a constitutional amendment barring them and it is not like anyone would get that passed).

Gun Regulations? I don't think this is any issue of any priority at all. But unlike the other 3, I guess this one (of the 4) might be an actual issue.

StoOgE said:
wait, he is really running ads during games?

:lol
Yep, several pictures have been posted. Hmm . . . I wonder if I can find a couple other $29.99 games of interest and pic it up at the But 3 get 1 free at Toys R Us this week.

speculawyer said:
Ignoring the way racist image . . .

More abortions? How so? Nothing has changed and it is not like he could make abortions more legal than legal.

More Taxes? Not for 95% of the people. taxcompare.jpg

Gay marriages? Obama is against gay marriage (though he is also against a constitutional amendment barring them and it is not like anyone would get that passed).

Gun Regulations? I don't think this is any issue of any priority at all. But unlike the other 3, I guess this one (of the 4) might be an actual issue.

Facts and rational discourse are for pussies and don't have a place in these peoples' lives.

Chichikov

I see Obama ads during the football games today, those are bought nationally, right?
I mean, no fucking way he's spending money in Washington state.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Chichikov said:
I see Obama ads during the football games today, those are bought nationally, right?
I mean, no fucking way he's spending money in Washington state.

Yes, Im seeing them in Texas as well, Obama is doing national ad buys. Very nice. He has so much fucking money right now, and the ad is super effective too (its the taxes ad)

Joe said:
we're going to meltdowns of absolute epic proportions if mccain wins nov 4th.
I have already passed that stage and have decided simply to throw my arms up in the air and declare America to be dead for the purposes of pushing world society forward. I will still try to profit off of its dying years though.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Joe said:
we're going to meltdowns of absolute epic proportions if mccain wins nov 4th.
I think the other big countries have secretly agreed to bomb us into oblivion if this were the outcome, just to put the American people out of their misery.

Sharp said:
When a presidential candidate is advertising in Burnout Paradise I think it's clear that he has a shitload of cash at hand. He's probably got people looking full-time for ways to spend this much money over the next three weeks.
index_clip_image001.jpg

Current hit job on Obama with Bill Hemmer at the helm on Fox News.

Toss in copious mentioning of drugs/drug use, A-rab sounding room mates, and "radical Chicago associations" = Hannity's wet dream.

teiresias

After the ridiculous "How dare they boo Piper" comment, I'm really hoping we get a crying Piper up on stage during the (hopefully) concession speech on stage in November - reminiscent of Santorum.

I'm quite curious to see what McCain's economic plan will be like when it's revealed this coming week. I have a feeling when you hear the word "tax cuts" 100 times, voters might start to like the idea of voting for McCain. =\

Trurl

Banned
Well, with the polls tightening up I am glad I did not vote early. I was getting a little too confident in Obama's chances and was considering voted for Nader. Watching the gap narrow while my vote is stuck with Nader would be absolute torture. :lol

Deku

Banned
Atomic said:
Chicken little perhaps, but I don't know if i can take a really close election night/last week.

it will be close on election day/week unless the economy keeps tanking.

There's still 5-6% undecides who is not being counted atm

Tamanon

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I'm quite curious to see what McCain's economic plan will be like when it's revealed this coming week. I have a feeling when you hear the word "tax cuts" 100 times, voters might start to like the idea of voting for McCain. =\

I hope to god it's capital gains tax cutting just for hilarity of "Um....have you seen the markets?"

syllogism

Frank the Great said:
So basically, they are changing their models to make it seem closer?

Gotta drive them ratings, Gallup.
They haven't used LV models yet. They aren't changing anything and in fact you should be thankful they are providing two models this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom