• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefit

610xhs3.jpg

"You feel that old man, that's my 12" personal space imposing on your leg"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ghibli99 said:
I hear this one more time, and I'm busting out the tiller.
I am glad I choose My Friends over maverick for my drinking game.

I told my wife that my beer would have gotten warm if I had chose maverick. :(

ghibli99 said:
It was almost impossible to focus on what McCain was saying since he kept saying "My friends" over and over and over.

Thank you. Numerous times I found myself fighting against zoning out. Halfway through most of McCain's replies I kept having to ask my parents if they remembered what the question was, cause I sure as hell didn't.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
okay the threads getting a bit weird now.

edit: The first post of this thread had links to where you could stream the debate live, should be some videos of it up by now.

Vestal

Something from 538

9:57 PM [Sean] By the way, a special shout out for an absolutely horrible experience on the campus of Belmont University. I'm not sure I've ever been to a less welcoming place. We hated this campus and the staff here so much that we left to watch the debate at a pizza joint. I don't like to regret things, but it would be hard to overstate how terrible a day this has been, and how crappy every interaction we had in Tennessee was. It was a terrible decision to leave Indiana and come down here. That had to be said for the record.

OUCH

Clevinger

Gibbs missed the perfect opportunity with Hannity, which is Hal Turner.

"What were you doing pallin' around with a Neo-Nazi, sir? Were you wrong? Should you still have a radio and tv show? I don't think so. People need to know about you and Hal Turner. People need to know this."

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
That was a REALLY strange proposal. I think it's going to go down about as well as comission to investigate the financial crisis: a suggestion that is not mentioned again.

Dunno. Maybe he meant that bright idea to be a bombshell proposal. It landed with a thud.

Yeah, to be honest, all us folks who're paying a mortgage on a small house we can actually afford think that stinks. It's NIMBY-ism, but it's human nature.

I do not want to subsidize someone's McMansion. Fuck that.

Juice

Danthrax said:
Then my apologies, as I don't think you're a dumbass. =)

After 2004 though, I don't trust absentee balloting or early voting, and I don't even really trust voting in person on election day either, but it's the best option. It seems like I'm not alone in mistrusting an Ohio election, too.

So if it was so busy in Columbus for early voting, I wonder why supposedly only 3,000 people did it in (I'm guessing here) Franklin, Cuyahoga, Lucas and Hamilton counties?

I heard the 3000 number too on NPR driving into work. I was very surprised to hear it, given the hype. I do hope people on both sides decide to vote early, because it'd be a shame to see anything like 2004 in Ohio, where people were more or less disinclined to hang around at the polls as long lines led around city blocks beyond 9pm.

Especially in Cuyahoga county, where they've had umpteen problems with Diebold's shitty electronic voting machines and the back-and-forth on what to use. It'll be a miracle if only ten thousand people in the Cleveland area are disenfranchised come election day.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Trakdown said:
So, According to MSNBC, the McCain camp is throwing a fit, saying that this wasn't a legit town hall.
That reminds me of the people who bashed Mythbusters' plane on a conveyor experiment saying it wasn't done properly "because the plane took off."

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trakdown said:
So, According to MSNBC, the McCain camp is throwing a fit, saying that this wasn't a legit town hall.

They should definitely whine more. That's been working out great.

This campaign has imploded.

Cloudy

Banned
Obama on Intrade post-debate:

Last Price: 88.2 +28.2

:lol

edit: I read it wrong, it was:

Barack Obama's Intrade value will increase more than John McCain's following the 2nd Pres. Debate

Gruco

Banned
Trakdown said:
Real town halls are packed with republican supporters, only have questions you know in advance, and everyone is required to laugh at your jokes under gunpoint.

greepoman

Trakdown said:

LOLOL. McCain is bizarre...it's like the bailout bill all over. Right after he signs it, he's out there saying it's a terrible bill and president Bush should veto it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Good Good,

I had an oppurtunity to get drunk with a hot female, and I already knew my boy Obama killed it, so I had faith. Good to see the American people rewarded me.

Once again, I called this debate more then 3 weeks ago. Its so fucking over with.

Wait, are those intrade numbers legit? :lol

ghibli99

mj1108 said:
On one hand, yes it sucked but on the other hand it is what they agreed to.
Not like either candidate followed the rules. Both spoke well beyond their allotted time... it wasn't like Brokaw let Obama speak for 10 minutes and then hit the buzzer on McCain right at the 2:00 mark.

This is pretty much an admission by the McCain camp that they think this went really badly for their maverick... crony... whatever.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Yeah, to be honest, all us folks who're paying a mortgage on a small house we can actually afford thing that stinks. It's NIMBY-ism, but it's human nature.

I do not want to subsidize someone's McMansion. Fuck that.

Letting people re-negotiate the terms of their loans (because they made bad decisions/victims of predatory lending) is bad. Adjusting the principle. WTF is McCain thinking?

Soybean

StoOgE said:
Good Good,

I had an oppurtunity to get drunk with a hot female, and I already knew my boy Obama killed it, so I had faith. Good to see the American people rewarded me.

Once again, I called this debate more then 3 weeks ago. Its so fucking over with.

Wait, are those intrade numbers legit? :lol
Why are you posting here instead of having sex with her? :(

GhaleonEB

artredis1980 said:
so who the fuck said McCain was the favourite in town halls
He was the favorite on foreign policy - the first debate - as well.

Just think: the last debate is entirely focused on domestic policy.

McCain's weakness.

Trakdown

You know, just when I thought I couldn't agree with Obama more, this town hall happened. Thank god he didn't agree to that format, this would be one boring-ass election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom