• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Gold Member
kkaabboomm said:
does anyone else get kind of creeped out by crowds chanting in unison or doing a 'call and response' with a speaker? it doesnt matter who it is speaking, or what size crowd, but it always creeps me out

Yes, I feel this way when I watch youth group retards whipped into a frenzy by their leaders.

Awesome that he is immediately shifting his speech to McCain. If McCain wants his whole campaign to be about attacking Obama instead of promoting himself, you have to respond in kind. And harder. Chicago-style.

Hey Phil Gramm, thanks for working to repeal Glass-Steagall in a completely partisan bill, directly leading to the mortgage crisis. I hear McCain has his eye on you for Secretary of the Treasury.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
kkaabboomm said:
does anyone else get kind of creeped out by crowds chanting in unison or doing a 'call and response' with a speaker? it doesnt matter who it is speaking, or what size crowd, but it always creeps me out

stop whining

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I think its so funny when Obama makes a statement about McCain being wealthy. Obama is incredibly rich as well. :lol

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Awesome that he is immediately shifting his speech to McCain. If McCain wants his whole campaign to be about attacking Obama instead of promoting himself, you have to respond in kind. And harder. Chicago-style.
Exactly. And if that does not work he can send his slum lord after him and take away those 7 houses, Chicago-style.

besada

Banned
vumpler said:
I think its so funny when Obama makes a statement about McCain being wealthy. Obama is incredibly rich as well. :lol

Obama has less than a 10th of McCain's money, virtually all of which he earned by writing books. McCain abandoned his wife after she waited for him to return from captivity and married a beer distributors daughter to become a millionaire. Get the fuck out with your equivalence.

vumpler said:
Obama made up to 1.1 million in 2006, and about 4 million in 2007.
under mccains joke, thats not rich. Obama thinks he is rich, though, and is willing to up his taxes by something like 750,000/year.

mccain and his wife have 100 million. slightly different. they are 'incredibly rich'. the obama's are 'nominally' rich

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Vinzer Deling said:
Damn I wish Ronald Reagan was still alive.
yes. i want his decrepit frame, riddled with Alzhiemers, sitting front and center drooling while Obama lashed out at supply-side economics.

scorcho said:
yes. i want his decrepit frame, riddled with Alzhiemers, sitting front and center drooling while Obama lashed out at supply-side economics.

What'll he say? "The rich get richer and the poor get poor?"

ie he knows as much about the economy as McStain.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
vumpler said:

Obama is a self made family man; who along with michelle made their wealth not through business ownership, but simply hard work and smart investment.

He's definetly well off, but to call him incredibly rich is overstating things; his net worth is around 4 million, versus McCain's personal networth of 20-30 million, and his combined family assets with Cindy in the hundreds of millions.

Not to mention, he started off as a senator's son, and then married into more wealth.

vumpler

Shiggie said:
define rich then.
The 1% obama bitches about extensively.

Crayon Shinchan said:
Obama is a self made family man; who along with michelle made their wealth not through business ownership, but simply hard work and smart investment.

He's definetly well off, but to call him incredibly rich is overstating things; his net worth is around 4 million, versus McCain's personal networth of 20-30 million, and his combined family assets with Cindy in the hundreds of millions.

Not to mention, he started off as a senator's son, and then married into more wealth.

I agree overstating it.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Vinzer Deling said:
What'll he say? "The rich get richer and the poor get poor?"

ie he knows as much about the economy as McStain.
somehow i doubt that

you may not agree with his policies, but he's at a different plane altogether than McCain.

vumpler

Are you Kidding me? He just said cut capital gains tax? He clearly said he is RAISING the capital gains tax 20% as soon as he gets in office.

Get it straight :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom