• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Obama wrote his first book in 1995 and it sold ok, but sales picked up as he became such a prominent figure the past year or two. If he's rich, he's only been rich for a year.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
Are you Kidding me? He just said cut capital gains tax? He clearly said he is RAISING the capital gains tax 20% as soon as he gets in office.

Get it straight :/

Um, he said for small businesses. That's been his position the whole time.

vumpler said:
I think its so funny when Obama makes a statement about McCain being wealthy. Obama is incredibly rich as well. :lol

Well I think that he earned it. Unless you can point to his trust fund. Isn't that the American dream?

Illuminati said:
Rich is rich.
this is a side argument, but...
http://www.smartmoney.com/10things/...2008-10-things-millionaires-will-not-tell-you
So what does it take to feel truly rich? The magic number is $23 million, according to Fidelity.
thats the idea i'm getting at. yes, obama is rich, compared to 98% of the country. but he isn't "truly rich" in terms of being able to live as he wants without care (were he just a dude with the amount of money he has). thats the difference between truly rich and being a low-grade multi-millionaire. 10 million US citizens have over 1 million not including their house, half under 2.5 (all from article). The Obama's have more than that half, but yeah. rich!=rich

scorcho said:
somehow i doubt that

you may not agree with his policies, but he's at a different plane altogether than McCain.

Yeah right. They're all on the same boat of big government. Big Government. Big Lies. They're all for letting the Feds make and pop bubbles at the expense of the middle class.

Everyone should tune into Fox when this ends. I can't wait to hear Hannity's spin.

This speech is amazing stuff. So much for a lack of specifics. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Everyone should tune into Fox when this ends. I can't wait to hear Hannity's spin.

"You notice in this speech he hasn't said anything denouncing William Ayers or Tony Rezko"

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Vinzer Deling said:
Yeah right. They're all on the same boat of big government. Big Government. Big Lies.
ie: blah blah blah, i'll hold onto my theology.

hint: Reagan laid the economic foundation for the horrors of GWB. tax cuts, bigger government and huge deficits.

mj1108

typhonsentra said:

I can just hear Hannity now: "It was a good speech, but it didn't tell people who he is or what he stands for."

Shiggie said:
define rich then.
Everyone has a different definition of being rich, what does it matter? Obama tries give the appearance that he is like the average American and feels their pain, etc. etc. when in reality he is part of the higher echelon of society himself. So what if he doesn't nearly have as much money as McCain, he is still very well off himself.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Now the government is going to control hiring of teachers? WTF

More government more government more government more government!

DancingJesus said:
These people should just stay standing up.

Uprising.jpg

Slurmer said:
Jesus christ could people please stop arguing over each candidate's personal wealth.

BUTBUTBUT McStain makes so much money. How does he know what the pleebles like us feel?

But a man who grew up outside of the US. Sells book for money, gets elected to the senate and did nothing for 2 years and got paid for it sure does know what it feels like to be an ordinary american in this decade!

Yaweee

vumpler said:
Now the government is going to control hiring of teachers? WTF

More government more government more government more government!

Um... Public education? Elected school boards? Government funding?

You must be joking. I find it completely implausible that you'd think that government wasn't already in control of hiring teachers.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
DeathNote said:
why was his speech leaked anyway. it gives fox time to prepare?
the text is usually released beforehand with an embargo preventing its release until right before the speech.

laserbeam

Banned
Tamanon said:
Actually Halperin had the script first, he always gets them early, I don't know why it's him.

All of major media etc gets the script. Greta on the web stream teased she had it. But the script was embargoed and nothing should have been said from it.

besada

Banned
Vinzer Deling said:
BUTBUTBUT McStain makes so much money. How does he know what the pleebles like us feel?

But a man who grew up outside of the US. Sells book for money, gets elected to the senate and did nothing for 2 years and got paid for it sure does know what it feels like to be an ordinary american in this decade!

Cry moar.

Yaweee

DeathNote said:
why was his speech leaked anyway. it gives fox time to prepare?

They're always leaked so wire reports and news stories have accurate text rather than misspeaks and misheard comments.

delirium

Why does he want universal health care? I agree it some reform, but universal health care isn't the way to go. I been to VA hospitals. They're mismanaged, inefficient, and muttered in red tape. How would a bureaucratic government that can't even managed veteran's health care do it on a national scale?

JayDubya

Banned
Amir0x said:
yaaaaay personal responsibility!

Flies in the face of all that "brother's keeper" bullshit and "you're not on your own, government is here to help you - bootstraps, lol" moment.

Kitchen sink. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom