• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
v1cious said:
how the hell did that happen?

It literally flipped +6 win percentage in Obama's favor after today's polls. So much for McCain closing the gap.

Also, they have the tipping point for Michigan in Obama's favor, meaning, McCain's chances of taking MI are zilch.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
GAF mods gone loopy. We've all entered one of Amir0x's salvia trips. I'm becoming one with the board!

reilo

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
reilo said:
It literally flipped +6 win percentage in Obama's favor after today's polls. So much for McCain closing the gap.

Also, they have the tipping point for Michigan in Obama's favor, meaning, McCain's chances of taking MI are zilch.
Let me tell you something about Michigan. If you can get out the rich assholes of Oakland county and the rednecks across the state, McCain can still take it. Obama, if he wins, will only take 3 counties. Washtenaw, Wayne, and Gennessee.

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
You will join the side of the Biden in time. Don't be bitter Sebelius didn't win.
I'm not at all bitter. In fact, this entire time I never thought, "oh no it's not Sebelius". I've been thinking, "oh SHIT it's Biden :("

WTF is wrong with Biden? He'll fucking go hard on McCain. First word out of Biden's mouth as a VP nom: All McCain ever says is a noun, a verb and POW!

... probably not, but still Biden will lay the smackdown on McCain regardless.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm not at all bitter. In fact, this entire time I never thought, "oh no it's not Sebelius". I've been thinking, "oh SHIT it's Biden :("

Turn on MSNBC right now and tell me how Biden isn't a good choice?

GhaleonEB

whytemyke said:
Let me tell you something about Michigan. If you can get out the rich assholes of Oakland county and the rednecks across the state, McCain can still take it. Obama, if he wins, will only take 3 counties. Washtenaw, Wayne, and Gennessee.
From the poll:

• Obama leads 80%-13% among Detroit voters.

• Obama leads 45%-41% among voters in suburban Oakland and Macomb counties.

• McCain leads among white voters statewide, 46%-38%.

• Obama gets 92% of African Americans.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Smiles and Cries said:
who did you want ami?

hey what the hell was BKII?

Baten Kaitos 2. Don't say anything negative about the game. Dragona will ban you in an instant. Keep cool.

reilo

Biden's one true positive is that even republican strategists have been proclaiming that he will be a huge pain in the ass for McCain and gives Obama a huge advantage.

Also, Biden's son will go to Iraq with the National Guard. That alone will make McCain's Iraqi policy eat dirt.

Still... CLARK! :(

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
Turn on MSNBC right now and tell me how Biden isn't a good choice?
--Change message undermined - check: 35 years in the Senate
--Proper judgment message undermined - check: voted for Iraq war resolution
--Discipline undermined - check: gaffe machine

I don't need to turn on MSNBC. Besides, I don't have it. :p

I have been watching videos of him (including all the youtube clips posted in here so far). He's a great debater and will be a great attack dog. But I think he undermines Obama's message on almost every level.

I'm sure Ani would agree if he could post more than half a sentence.

besada

Banned
The best thing about Biden is that other than his plagiarism flap, there's just not that much dirt out there. That and his willingness to say anything, at any time, are his biggest weaknesses.

In terms of foreign policy experience, I'm not sure there's anyone better he could have picked.

reilo

GhaleonEB said:

I have been watching videos of him (including all the youtube clips posted in here so far). He's a great debater and will be a great attack dog. But I think he undermines Obama's message on almost every level.

Pretty much.

besada said:
The best thing about Biden is that other than his plagiarism flap, there's just not that much dirt out there. That and his willingness to say anything, at any time, are his biggest weaknesses.

In terms of foreign policy experience, I'm not sure there's anyone better he could have picked.

You should start reading my posts!

Hootie

Maybe the MSM is in on the joke with Obama and this is ALL just a well thought out ploy.

Clark will be the VP! You're a sly one, Obama.

Keylime

GhaleonEB said:
He can, people are just being loopy late into the night. Garenteed people are in IRC somewhere lawlzing it up.

Platinum Banned? Puh-lease.

If he's really capped at 50 characters, consider me Super Banned

Biden is an expert of the globe, he completely kills McCain's main argument against Obama on foreign policy and experience. He's also a real straight-talker, unlike McCain, and he will bring authenticity to the ticket.

Most of all though Biden is a fantastic attack dog. If only Kerry had someone like Biden to really fight back against the GOP's attacks.

Broseybrose

biden is the best choice. he was my second choice after obama once i learned about all the dems that were in the running. i was sad to see him drop, happy to see obama beat hilary, and was hoping obama would pick biden to be vp all along. biden is a smart mofo and an excellent counter-balance to obama's "so-called inexperience" (which is bullshit of course, but will help convince others).

GhaleonEB said:

VPs have usually been different from the President. What's the point of getting someone similar to yourself when you can get someone that'll grab you some new voters?

Hootie

Elfforkusu said:
I'm gonna vote Obama regardless, but still I'm hoping for the bait and switch.

Come on, Clark! :lol

MSNBC and CNN are either being duped or like I said, are in on the epic diversion.

Just wait! Us Clarkians will be redeemed tomorrow.

Keylime

Death_Born said:
Done. You can now type only 4 letters per post!
OMG!

besada

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

Already made his mea culpa on Iraq, unlike Hillary he admits it was a bad vote.

And yes, he's been in the Senate for 35 years, but short of picking someone with even less experience than himself, who else would Obama have picked? Sibelius has no federal experience, neither does Clark, Evan Bayh was a member of the Committee to Liberate Iraq, and Hillary would just as soon cut his throat as help him. I guess he could have picked Kaine, who nobody knows.

No disputing the gaffe machine. The man says what's on his mind. I personally like that. More honesty in politics is a good thing in my opinion.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
GhaleonEB said:

I see his gaffe machine con as part and parcel of his attack dog pro... I think the latter outweighs the former pretty heavily.

GhaleonEB

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
VPs have usually been different from the President. What's the point of getting someone similar to yourself when you can get someone that'll grab you some new voters?
I didn't say he had to be similar. Really, of those three, the only one that worries me is the Iraq war vote.

But that is ME. I actually think he'll be killer on the stump and in the debate.

besada

Banned
reilo said:
You should start reading my posts!

Well, I'm certainly not going to disagree with you.

Who did you like again?

Oh, Clark. Well, like I said, I dare not argue with you. I'll argue Clark as a bad choice with someone else and you can read along.

GhaleonEB said:

biden has been struggling to work with bush for "change" for nearly a decade but the administration wouldn't have it. with him in a VP position you'll get plenty of change.

as for iraq... like i said earlier, i don't think senators can really be blamed for voting for iraq to some degree - imagine that you're a state senator, elected to protect your people, and the cia and dia pull you into a room and give you this info about how saddam has the means to make 9/11 look like a skinned knee.

as for the gaffes, axlerod will put a muzzle on him. he's kept his mouth shut the last few days... a miracle. but it shows he'll be restrained i guess.

reilo

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't say he had to be similar. Really, of those three, the only one that worries me is the Iraq war vote.

Thing is, it didn't seem to hurt Hillary, and Biden was at least smart enough to come out and say he was wrong to vote for it.

besada said:
Well, I'm certainly not going to disagree with you.

Who did you like again?

/facepalm

Keylime

Amir0x said:
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
Couldn't agree more.

thefit

Ugh, no kidding. Making an issue of his support and then rejection of going into Iraq an issue? C'mon, Billary was all for that and so was most of our selection this year but that hasn't stopped fringe so called progressives like the 2 PUMA members being fictitiously multiplied by the media, from supporting a very troubled candidate.

Seriously if you are willing to make this an issue then look its cool, I feel you so um..just don't vote this year. Please. If you are so concerned about Biden then just let the rest of us take care of the voting obviously you've been oblivious to the last 7 years and voting either way probably doesn't affect you anyway so don't worry about it the rest of us will take care of it.

Hootie

Ok now that this joke/diversion will be over soon and Clark will be the VP, can we just get on with the convention and election?

GhaleonEB said:

But that is ME. I actually think he'll be killer on the stump and in the debate.

He's admitted that the vote was a mistake. Plus how can McCain attack Obama on how Biden voted for the war? McCain voted for the war too! Its not like the GOP can use Biden's vote for anything.

Amir0x said:
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-

.-.. -- .- ---

Ok now that this joke/diversion will be over soon and Clark will be the VP, can we just get on with the convention and election?

-.- . . .--. / -.. .-. . .- -- .. -. --. / -.. ..- -.. . .-.-.- / -.- . . .--. / -.. .-. . .- -- .. -. --. .-.-.-

quaere

A little off topic, but when Fox launched they used to be the biggest right wing propaganda machine joke of a news channel. I've been watching a lot during this whole VP cycle and they should get credit for a ton of improvement. I've had Shepherd Smith on since the news broke and neither he nor his contributors have said one thing that's unfair to the Democrats. It's actually rather insightful.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Amir0x said:
post primary Obama has been so disappointing. I guess i did set myself up for this sort of thing. Always don't follow the primary version of these candidates. Against core message as a Washington Insider, has made countless fucked up statements and borderline racist and insensitive comments, has voted against many of the social issues I hold strong, bankruptcy bill, voted for the Iraq War, etc etc

*sigh*

At this point I guess I have to still be on board if McCain is the alternative, but I am so frustrated with this shit already. I hope this dude has little influence in an Obama White House.

well, obama said he didnt want a yes man.. he wants someone with differing opinions to keep him 'honest' and such.

reilo

I just realized that Ami's Morse code was like 3x the amount of characters as the actual message :lol

aswedc said:
A little off topic, but when Fox launched they used to be the biggest right wing propaganda machine joke of a news channel. I've been watching a lot during this whole VP cycle and they should get credit for a ton of improvement. I've had Shepherd Smith on since the news broke and neither he nor his contributors have said one thing that's unfair to the Democrats. It's actually rather insightful.

Uhm, just wait til Hannity, O'Reilly, Cavuto, and all the other idiots come back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom