• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

aswedc said:
A little off topic, but when Fox launched they used to be the biggest right wing propaganda machine joke of a news channel. I've been watching a lot during this whole VP cycle and they should get credit for a ton of improvement. I've had Shepherd Smith on since the news broke and neither he nor his contributors have said one thing that's unfair to the Democrats. It's actually rather insightful.

I lol'd.

Not as hard as when we all find out Clark is going to be the VP later on today, though!

aswedc said:
A little off topic, but when Fox launched they used to be the biggest right wing propaganda machine joke of a news channel. I've been watching a lot during this whole VP cycle and they should get credit for a ton of improvement. I've had Shepherd Smith on since the news broke and neither he nor his contributors have said one thing that's unfair to the Democrats. It's actually rather insightful.

Yeah I am watching now too... Fox News is doing a good job.

reilo said:
I just realized that Ami's Morse code was like 3x the amount of characters as the actual message :lol
.- / -- .- ... - . .-. ..-. ..- .-.. / .--. .-.. --- -.-- --..-- / - --- / -... . / ... ..- .-. . .-.-.-

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
He's admitted that the vote was a mistake. Plus how can McCain attack Obama on how Biden voted for the war? McCain voted for the war too! Its not like the GOP can use Biden's vote for anything.
For nearly two years, Obama has referred to Iraq as "a war that should never have been authorized and never have been waged" as a way of criticizing both Bush and those who voted for it, in the Dem primary and now in the general. Obama has held his pre-war opposition to invading Iraq and the subsequent war vote as the definitive demonstration that he has the correct judgment on foreign policy. And he picked a veep that does not pass the same test.

I think it's a very big problem.

besada

Banned
So, Clark. It's like people don't know what the VP job entails (understandable considering the current VP). It's largely a position that goes and twists arms in the Senate to enact the will of the President.

Clark, with no Senatorial experience, and no legislative experience, is a horrible choice. And that doesn't get into Clark's notorious temper, his willingness to engage Russian troops in the middle of the Kosovo conflict, or the innumerable ex-soldiers that would crawl out of the wood work to Swift Boat him.

Clark might make a fine President, whose job it is to give orders, but he'd make a terrible VP. He's smart, he's brave, and his record as a soldier helps him, but he's a terrible pick for the second spot.

Instead he'd make a good cabinet member.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
GhaleonEB said:
From the poll:
Exactly. You're depending on Detroit to get out the vote and after this Kwame fiasco Detroit is basically gonna be so disillusioned by politics that they wouldn't get off their ass for a fucking reparations check.

And you posted the McCain stats across the rest of the state.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
McCain spokesman:

"There has been no harsher critic of Obama's readiness to lead this country than Joe Biden."

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
GhaleonEB said:
For nearly two years, Obama has referred to Iraq as "a war that should never have been authorized and never have been waged" as a way of criticizing both Bush and those who voted for it, in the Dem primary and now in the general. Obama has held his pre-war opposition to invading Iraq and the subsequent war vote as the definitive demonstration that he has the correct judgment on foreign policy. And he picked a veep that does not pass the same test.

Looking at the polls, I don't think that is going to matter. Foreign experience is weighing more than it should.

GhaleonEB said:
For nearly two years, Obama has referred to Iraq as "a war that should never have been authorized and never have been waged" as a way of criticizing both Bush and those who voted for it, in the Dem primary and now in the general. Obama has held his pre-war opposition to invading Iraq and the subsequent war vote as the definitive demonstration that he has the correct judgment on foreign policy. And he picked a veep that does not pass the same test. .

So the GOP is going to claim that Biden doesn't have judgement on foreign policy because he voted for the war?

I just don't see the war vote being that big of an issue with Biden. No one is even talking about it on the news channels.

thefit

If anything this has shown how effective and exciting the Obama campaign can be, using new tech and mobilizing the young vote like never before, that they have lead the narrative all week long is amazing case in point they have all of us in a tizzy. Now its up to McCain to try to out do him with Mittons :lol

"Who let the dog out yo! woof, woof!"

:lol :lol :lol

Hootie

RubxQub said:
McCain spokesman:

"There has been no harsher critic of Obama's readiness to lead this country than Joe Biden."

That was quick.

Oh well, Clark is going to be the VP anyway. That statement is irrelevant.

RubxQub said:
McCain spokesman:

So they agree that Obama not only silenced his harshest critic, he convinced him to join his cause?

Kettch

I'm not really sure how good of an idea this "There is no harsher critic of Obama's experience than Joe Biden" angle the McCain campagn is using early on here. Am I the only one that would think that news of Obama's harshest critic now supporting him would be a pretty damn good thing for Obama? Just seems like something that would easily backfire.

Amir0x said:
*sigh*

the commercials make themselves!
"Obama's running mate doesn't believe in change. Why should you?"

Can people stop fucking around in this thread with all this morse code shit?

fmkh00.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Kettch said:
I'm not really sure how good of an idea this "There is no harsher critic of Obama's experience than Joe Biden" angle the McCain campagn is using early on here. Am I the only one that would think that news of Obama's harshest critic now supporting him would be a pretty damn good thing for Obama? Just seems like something that would easily backfire.

That is what I think. It fits Obama's mold of a person that they don't always agree on subjects.

VALIS

Nothing better could be said about the Biden pick than the insiders and talking heads on various channels right now saying Republican strategists are unhappy and Democratic insiders are happy. Biden is nothing if not tough.

besada

Banned
Amir0x said:
*sigh*

the commercials make themselves!

One of the nice things about Biden is that he doesn't have a problem admitting publicly that he was wrong. A nice trait in a politician, I think.

He'll be eating some crow, with a smile on his face, and no one will care, because everyone knows that candidates running against one another often say harsh things about one another.

thefit

Kettch said:

No it just makes no sense seeing as they are looking at harsh critics of their own as candidates like oh...Romney. Don't forget Lieberman an opportunist rat who ran as vp in 2004 with Gore :lol :lol

Wallach

Kettch said:

Well, they'll probably take the angle that he did not pick Biden based on his beliefs or principles (using things like his Iraq War vote), but rather solely political maneuvering, and claim that it doesn't sound much like "change" or "new politics" at all.

Keylime

MSNBC has like 3 clips of Biden and Obama together looking happy being played on loop.

Pretty funny.

Agent Icebeezy

RubxQub said:
MSNBC has like 3 clips of Biden and Obama together looking happy being played on loop.

Pretty funny.

The visuals for tomorrow are going to be awesome. They are going to get along.

Keylime

Chuck Todd:

Biden is going to be running for re-election in the Senate at the same time he is running to be VP.

Diablos

"There has been no harsher critic of Barack Obama's lack of experience than Joe Biden. Biden has denounced Barack Obama's poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing -- that Barack Obama is not ready to be President."

-- McCain spokesman Ben Porritt
Oh stfu McCain camp.

Biden is a solid choice.

woeds

So, what about this clip of Biden saying back in June
'If asked, I will say yes. But I do NOT want to be asked'
I'm guessing that'll end up in a McCain ad, together with Biden saying he doesn't think Obama is ready.

Keylime

JoshuaJSlone said:
Biden: "Yep. I must think your guy REALLY sucks then, eh?"
*cue Daily Show clip where Biden says he'd be honored run WITH or against McCain*

They've got some good ammunition out the gate with this choice, but hopefully 'Bama/Biden got this under control.

laserbeam

Banned
RubxQub said:
*cue Daily Show clip where Biden says he'd be honored run WITH or against McCain*

They've got some good ammunition out the gate with this choice, but hopefully 'Bama/Biden got this under control.

Biden just needs to play it cool and keep himself out of trouble. No Seven-Eleven and Indian style comments etc.

May very well be a republican strategy now to try and get Biden to lose his cool and act stupid.

aswedc said:

I don't watch Fox News much if at all really but Shepherd Smith seems (from the bits I've seen) to be one of the few that aren't vomit-inducing on that station.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Just remember, whomever Obama had picked, McCain's camp would have used anything and everything against him.

Just like whomever McCain picks, Obama will use it against McCain with whatever he could find.

Matt

polyh3dron said:
So, the McCain campaign is saying that Biden said Obama isn't ready to be president.
Considering the amount of material the Dems have showing how much Romney and McCain HATE each other, if he's the pick I don't think that's the road the Republicans want to go down.

Keylime

reilo said:
Just like whomever McCain picks, Obama will use it against McCain with whatever he could find.
I can just see Biden on the stump now:

Joe Biden said:
Senator McCain has just selected his running mate in this election, Governor Mitt Romney. As some of you may know, Romney is a Mormon.

Not only do we have a presidential candidate with 7 mansions, we have a vice presidential candidate who probably has enough wives to fill them!

Lynn Sweet is saying the text message effort was a total failure and that Obama's supporters may not trust him anymore as a result. It was leaked by some scum (maybe a dejected vp short list contestant) and it's Obama's fault. Get some sleep Lynn.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
woeds said:
So, what about this clip of Biden saying back in June
'If asked, I will say yes. But I do NOT want to be asked'
I'm guessing that'll end up in a McCain ad, together with Biden saying he doesn't think Obama is ready.

Probably, but who the hell will McCain choose? Romney?! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

There's 1,000 hours worth of stuff Romney said against McCain.

Joe Biden said:
Senator McCain has just selected his running mate in this election, Governor Mitt Romney. As some of you may know, Romney is a Mormon.

Not only do we have a presidential candidate with 7 mansions, we have a vice presidential candidate who probably has enough wives to fill them!

Perfect.

:lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
laserbeam said:
May very well be a republican strategy now to try and get Biden to lose his cool and act stupid.

I can see McCain losing his top first. Biden gets pissed and argues with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom