• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS: BARACK and MICHELLE OBAMA head to Springfield, IL, along with the BIDENS

capt.6a90e298cfd1450f9742b861e23e12e9.obama_2008_ilab101.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., with his wife Michelle Obama, walk to the plane in Chicago, Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, as they prepare to travel to Springfield, Ill.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.70de4bdfe57b40418cc1de8f11c14df3.obama_2008_ilab102.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., center, with his aide Reggie Love, left, and communications director Robert Gibbs, grabs his bag to board the plane in Chicago, Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

r3432847305.jpg

US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) arrives to board his campaign plane in Chicago August 23, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Young

capt.e605f9b6c1b0459483254cf35c366f8d.correction_veepstakes_obama_2008_biden_dewil102.jpg

Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., kisses family members good-bye as he leaves his home in Greenville, Del.., Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, for the airport after he was chosen as Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's running mate. (AP Photo/ The News Journal, Suchat Pederson)

capt.9298df970c87457287ea8a064c8ad42b.aptopix_veepstakes_obama_2008_biden_dehg102.jpg

Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., who is Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama's pick as his running mate and his wife, Jill, prepare to depart their home, Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, in Greenville, Del., to join Obama for a rally in Illinois. (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari)

capt.437690d5303e47ab8c51ee0a63683b87.veepstakes_obama_2008_biden_dehg103.jpg

Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, Barack Obama's pick for the Democratic ticket's vice presidential candidate, and his wife, Jill, right, greet supporters as they depart their home, Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, in Greenville, Del., to join Obama for a rally in Illinois. (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tamanon said:
:lol Dick Morris:

Yeah, I mentioned that last night and was just FLOORED at the idiocy.

It's really been a while where I was that extremely STUNNED by another person's words. He might as well have told me that I had cancer.

Tamanon

Banned
reilo said:
Yeah, I mentioned that last night and was just FLOORED at the idiocy.

It's really been a while where I was that extremely STUNNED by another person's words. He might as well have told me that I had cancer.

I guess maybe he thinks it was some sort of inner democracy that was calling out to be freed of the current government? Just absolutely silly.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
You'd think the world would have been much more accepting of our decision to go into Iraq if their government asked us to.

Silly world, they wanted us to pick sides in their civil war!

Tamanon

Banned
Good lord, Olbermann is interviewing Eugene Robinson, Howard Fineman and Richard Wolff at the same time. The ultimate echo-chamber.:lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tamanon said:
I guess maybe he thinks it was some sort of inner democracy that was calling out to be freed of the current government? Just absolutely silly.

His argument was that the parliament wanted us to stay in Iraq after we got rid of Saddam, so it was okay to invade in the first place, because the puppet regime instated by the US government wanted us there.

It's like a hostile takeover by one conglomerate of another. The takeover company puts in their own board of staff, and then releases a press release proclaiming that the hostile takeover was okay because the new board of staff invited them to takeover.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
I hope Obama can carry my state.

I live in Rhode Island which is smack-dab in the middle of the most democrat-leaning part of the country. :D

To bad we barely count for any Electoral Votes...

Hootie

Tamanon said:
Good lord, Olbermann is interviewing Eugene Robinson, Howard Fineman and Richard Wolff at the same time. The ultimate echo-chamber.:lol

I mean, sometimes I like echo chambers with Olbie, but it's always awesome hearing Matthews own some PUMA person or other clintonite fanatic.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tamanon said:
It had to compete with the other voices in his head though.

Keylime

Dax01 said:
North Carolina...
79% chance of going GOP according to 538.

It's possibe, but not likely :(

Keylime

CLEAR ADMITION OF BARACK'S UNREADINESS TO LEAD!

JEOPARDIZES ENTIRE MESSAGE!

DOES NOT HAVE THE REFORMER REPUTATION LIKE MCCAIN!

Throw in the towel democrats. The McCain camp's got your number.

MORE:

HARSHEST CRITIC OF BARACK!

SAYS NATION WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH MCCAIN!

SENATOR BIDEN SAYS MCCAIN HAS BETTER JUDGEMENT!

way more

By midafternoon, both campaigns were in full battle cry and sought to portray the other candidate as living an ostentatious lifestyle. Both campaigns called reporters, rushed out scathing TV attack ads, unveiled new websites and unleashed surrogates.

McCain, who huddled with advisors at his desert compound in Sedona, Ariz., said nothing in public. A nine-car motorcade took him to a nearby Starbucks early in the morning, where he ordered a large cappuccino. McCain otherwise avoided reporters.

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-na-campaign22-2008aug22,0,1254408.story

A nine car motorcade? Why didn't he just take the helicopter? It's a shame the media didn't get a photo of that.

Keylime

mckmas8808 said:
Chris Matthews is killing this lady from the McCain campaign. :lol
Her nose job is driving me crazy.

Keylime

I wish they didn't let these types of people on the show (from either party).

Why give them another platform to spout their clearly biased bullshit? Just stick to the facts and in the case of these pundit shows, provide your own opinions, not those twisted ones of the campaign advisors.

Fucking media...

Hootie

Tyrone Slothrop said:
i hate that "obama has no foreign experience" talking point they keep making. the man is on the foreign relations comittee for chrissake

B-b-b-but McCain was a POW!

POW!

POW!

POW!

laserbeam

Banned
Tyrone Slothrop said:
i hate that "obama has no foreign experience" talking point they keep making. the man is on the foreign relations comittee for chrissake

That really doesnt mean much. Committee appointments are political favors. Hell when Liebermann went Independant democrats were demanding he be stripped of all his committee positions because he beatrayed the party. Years and years on those commitees bring experiance.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Tyrone Slothrop said:

But Mika said that it's all about perception. So obviously perception trumps reality.

tanod

when is my burrito
HolyStar said:
What does Biden bring that will initiate change?

1) Competence
2) Honesty
3) Despite being in Washington for 30 years, he goes home every night to his family om Delaware, avoiding the hoopla and lobbying bullshit that pollute Washington culture.

Krowley

The Biden choice is fairly strong.

I think the McCain campaign should also consider the VP debate as a factor in their choice. They need to find somebody that won't get completley embarrased by Biden. He is a very strong debater and in a one on one setting like that, a lightweight could be eaten alive. Romney and Pawlenty would both be in over their heads. The VP debate isn't that important, but it's one of the more important jobs for a VP pick.

Also, the current tactic of using Bidens criticisms of Obama would seem to preclude a Romney pick. He and McCain had much nastier things to say about each other in their campaign.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
laserbeam said:
That really doesnt mean much. Committee appointments are political favors. Hell when Liebermann went Independant democrats were demanding he be stripped of all his committee positions because he beatrayed the party.

Dude you're lying again.

laserbeam

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Dude you're lying again.
Being appointed to the committee in his first term does not bring much experiance. A few terms and Id say yes. As I said Committee positions are political favors. You dont get experiance right away just because you sit with the big boys

Tim-E

Karma Kramer said:
Tim I've been waiting for you to ask me this all my life.

*tear*

Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
and I owe it all to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom