• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Biden is a fiery son of a bitch :lol

Dragging McCain through the mud, he is.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AndyIsTheMoney said:
I hate how they talk about wanting to end partisanship that separates our country, and then during his first VP speech he makes a mccain wealth joke. if he really wants to run on change he needs to act a little more mature.

YES WE CAN YES WE CAN

Biden's job is to be the bad cop and to attack McCain. Besides, the seven tables joke plays very well with the average middle class voter.

Lol did he just call Barack: Barack America?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
laserbeam said:
He makes 170,000 a year he is not hurting financially. He is alot poorer then all of the rest in congress but he is not average joe struggling

he doesn't have 7 houses scattered around the country, he's perfectly justified in making a comment to reinforce just how out of touch and elitist McCain is.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Steel in his spine? Okay, don't get carried away now. You are democrats after all.

AndyIsTheMoney said:
real classy biden...john mccain wealth joke. yeah im sure you have a hard time paying your mortgage
Worf_notagain.gif

Amir0x

Banned
typhonsentra said:
What did I tell you guys? Biden was the right choice.

because of one of his trademark FIRED UP speeches wherein he already made various slip-ups?

Really, you should hold this preemptive crow serving until

1. The debates
2. Obama is elected
3. We see how he is as VP

Until then, nobody knows if he was the right choice. We only have our echo chamber.

TDG

Banned
Dax01 said:
I can't wait to listen to Biden some more in townhall meetings and such.
Yeah, he's a really down-to-earth, social guy. He'll be terrific for townhall meetings in places like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hot wife, confirmed!

Amir0x said:
because of one of his trademark FIRED UP speeches wherein he already made various slip-ups?

Really, you should hold this preemptive crow serving until

1. The debates
2. Obama is elected
3. We see how he is as VP

Until then, nobody knows if he was the right choice. We only have our echo chamber.
I know anything can happen and I know his history, but I also feel like he's learned his lesson and can keep himself in check for 2 and a half months. As for debates, I'm confident he'll be able to handle whoever McCain picks.

Fox will run with the whole thing with Obama saying Biden is the next President mixed with the whole "Biden is the new Cheney" narrative.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Couldn't it have been like,

"there's something about this guy Barack, America"

the thing that annoyed me about this speech (and the only one really) was "literally"

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
AndyIsTheMoney said:
The annual salary of each senator, as of 2008, is $169300. Yeah I dont know how i could pay my rent on that

By McCain's own 5 Million Dollar standard, Biden is nowhere near rich or even well-off.

AndyIsTheMoney said:
I hate how they talk about wanting to end partisanship that separates our country, and then during his first VP speech he makes a mccain wealth joke. if he really wants to run on change he needs to act a little more mature.
Oh fuck off. The Republicans run on 100% pure sleaze. Go mind your own party for a minute.

Amir0x

Banned
It should be noted regarding the indignation at Biden's wealth comments (and Obama's attack on McCain's houses) that to me the real problem with the comment isn't that it shows McCain is much wealthier than most normal people, but that it shows he is so out of touch with even the most basic of things (like his personal income and assets).

There are hints of his being out of touch with America, but it only strikes me as absurd when one rich Senator goes after another - or even a extremely upper class Senator - goes after someone on this basis.

"Are you kidding me? Your toilets are gold-plated!"
"What about the time you had a dinner for friends which cost over $20,000?"
"That was a special occasion! My home only has three garages!"
"But you have THREE HOMES, I only own two!"

It's silly, a little hypocritical, something nobody cares about since we all know these people are in positions of personal success and it distracts from real issues.

giga

Sen.John McCain(R-Ariz.)

Net worth: $25-$38 million

Details: McCain and his wife Cindy have substantial real estate holdings in Arizona -- including a home worth more than $1 million and land worth between $1.5 million and $3 million. Most of the wealth comes from Cindy, who has more than $1 million in beer distributor Hensley & Co., which her father founded. McCain has written three books.

-

Sen.Barack Obama(D-Ill.)

Net worth: $1-$2.5 million*

Details: In January 2005, Obama agreed to a $1.9 million advance from Random House for two non-ficton books and a children's book, of which $200,000 is being donated to charity. One of those books -- "The Audacity of Hope" -- has been a huge best seller since being released in October. He owns a home worth at least $1.6 million in Chicago.

*His wealth is likely to have increased significantly because of the huge success of "The Audacity of Hope"

-

Sen.Joe Biden(D-Del.)

Net worth: $100,000-$150,000

Details: Biden has spent virtually his whole life in public service and does not have much else aside from investments in a small array of mutual funds and cash accounts. He received a $112,000 advance from Random House for a book in 2005.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/24/AR2007032400305_pf.html

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
IT'S OUR TIME BITCHES!!

oh and wtf at the song after Bidens speech (im seeing it thru MSNBC feed)
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom