• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserbeam

Banned
E-phonk said:
Am I the only one who doesn't have any sound on the msnbc webfeed? It worked five minutes ago but now all I get is a zoomed out camera without sound.

I think the camera focusing on the video screen cut out and they are stuck with a arena view

Fatalah

What happened to the MSNBC stream-- all I see is a panned out angle of the stage with no sound.

CNN's website required a Turner media plugin which I cannot install.

Where else can I view a live feed?

GhaleonEB said:
She has been, all over the country. But that's not part of The Narrative(TM). The Narrative(TM) is all about those fractioned Democrats.

Something doesn't add up. When Obama and Clinton were in the primary, they were both neck and neck, never separated by more than a few points from each other. They both polled within low single-digits of McCain, with Hillary usually ahead and Obama usually behind.

Now, Obama is generally ahead or at worst behind McCain. That wouldn't be the case unless the vast majority of Clinton's supporters support Obama. He's getting in the high 80 percentile of self-declared Democrats. Sure there are a few holdouts, but these polls showing half of Clinton's supporters not siding with Obama just defy logic in the face of the general election polling.

Sometimes I also wonder that if some random pollster called someone, and started asking you about Clinton and Obama...it might be tempting to go along with the "narrative" and say you're some "angry" Hillary supporter. Especially depending on how the questions are asked. I mean...how seriously do people take phone polls about this stuff in July-August? :lol

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
In case anyone was wondering, my ballin' black Obama bracelets showed up today :D

Keylime

Look at these morons at the convention who don't know shit about fuck :lol

Keylime

Why is Chris Matthews talking to this goddamned idiot. Shut this guy the fuck up. He is making America dumber.

Amir0x

Banned
heh, his awkward chuckle at that last Huxtables comment made me burst out laughing.

'ha..ha...ha... heh...ha ha..ha..Huxtables."

maynerd said:
This is the most exciting thing so far!

DNC1.jpg

DNC3.jpg

DNC4.jpg

DNC2.jpg

If Siegfried and Roy walked out on that stage, I would not be surprised. That is some serious Cirque du Soleil/Vegas craziness right there. :lol

Keylime

Amir0x said:
heh, his awkward chuckle at that last Huxtables comment made me burst out laughing.

'ha..ha...ha... heh...ha ha..ha..Huxtables."
It was like Chris thought it was the hottest shit ever :lol

Ok, I was reading about these protesters bitching about how the Denver police followed the 2004 examples and created "free speech zones": http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080825/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_convention_protests_6

Ok, yes, FSZ are bullshit, and blah blah blah.

However, if you are really complaining about your right to free speech and all, maybe you shouldn't name your organization "Recreate 68." You aren't going to get much sympathy from the Democratic Party or the local city government.

RubxQub said:
Why is Chris Matthews talking to this goddamned idiot. Shut this guy the fuck up. He is making America dumber.

He must have a split personality. He can sound like he's on top of things one minute and then transform into republican talking points Matthews the next. I expected nonsense like this on Fox News but MSNBC is an embarrassment (although I expect CNN to be just as bad or worse).

The whole "we still do know Michelle Obama" is disgusting. I'm still waiting for a competent democrat (or anyone) to first call Matthews on totally distorting her comment and then shame them for going after someone like this who's not a candidate. Why would Republicans even need Ad time when they these wind bags spouting their talking points for them.

Keylime

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Is Cindy McCain going to speak? If so, is she a good speaker? With the story that Michelle is going to present of working hard to get where she is, there is no way in hell Cindy can do the same.

The DNC said that they are going to get at the GOP stuff next week as well.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WTF!

This PUMA is saying that Obama went to a Muslim school as a child. Mathews calls her out on it.

Wow. FUCK PUMAS.

GhaleonEB

The Honorable Jim Leach
Former Republican Member of the US House of Representatives, 1st District, Iowa

Just wanted to suggest people listen to Leach's speech. He was a good Rep. for Iowa. Republican, but one I had no problem voting for when I lived in Iowa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Leach

While he supported the first Gulf War in 1991, Leach voted against the authorization to use force against Iraq in 2002. He was one of only six House Republicans to vote against the resolution.[1] Once the Congress committed to war, however, he held that it would be folly to assume it could be funded with tax cuts and therefore he was the only Republican to vote against the 2003 tax cut.

Jim Leach, after poll results came in, greeting the press on election night 2006. (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)Leach's position on the abortion issue upset activists on all sides. He supported the right of choice except during the third trimester but also held that public funding represented a complicit infringement on the values of too many Americans to be defensible. A supporter of stem cell research, he believed little could be more pro-life than invigorating science to advance cures to extend and ennoble life itself.
I didn't agree with every position he had, but he was a good man and a pragmatist.

Keylime

MADRAS MUSLIM SCHOOL!

17 PAGE REPORT WRITTEN BY A CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATOR!

HOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS!

REGISTERED AS A MUSLIM!

Why the FUCK won't Chris Matthews tell her that she is fucking full of shit?

reilo

They have an injunction on the DNC! Obama is not qualified to be president! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

reilo

I'm actually glad Mathews gave them airtime, it just made these PUMAs look batshit crazy.

Now he is giving a rational Obama supporter voice and it is making them look even more absurd.

Keylime

Seriously...this shit is why I don't want anyone who is a fucking moron to vote.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK is this shit infuriating me.

Obama supporters are fucking morons.
Clinton supporters are fucking morons.
McCain supporters are fucking morons.

JUST LET IMPORTANT PEOPLE SPEAK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom