• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
This really is a sad state of affairs, I know it'll be a distant memory but it's a shame these networks don't have the balls to stop the madness and bitch slap the people who lie on air.

laserbeam

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Is there an MSNBC stream of the tv program, not just the conference?

Doesnt seem so. Thats the only thing I give Fox News credit for. They have direct convention feed and a feed of their media people. Nice and easy bar that vanishes on the screen so you can change feeds on the fly.

Amir0x said:
This really is a sad state of affairs, I know it'll be a distant memory but it's a shame these networks don't have the balls to stop the madness and bitch slap the people who lie on air.

No I think Matthews tackled her on this... he did a great job of making her basically look like a crazy rapid idiot.

Most pundits would have just heard the basic opinion and moved on...

Does anyone else absolutely HATE the freecreditreport.com ads? The one where that douche-bag sings a stupid ass song about his life sucks now...

Alcander

Karma Kramer said:
Does anyone else absolutely HATE the freecreditreport.com ads? The one where that douche-bag sings a stupid ass song about his life sucks now...
f to the r to the E to the E to the c to the r to the E D I T....

Hootie said:
I believe he will speak tonight. I don't know when, but I do know that the standing ovation he will get will be awesome.

see yeah i'd like to know when to set the DVR as i have to go grocery shopping, get/eat dinner, and then read/brief cases for class tomorrow, but would like to watch his speech before bedtime...

if anyone has heard a rumor as to exactly when big Ted is speaking, please let me know

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Maddow...thank fucking god.

I <3 you Maddow

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
large swaths of crazy hillary supporters still out in the wild!

lol at being in the wind, MSNBC

laserbeam

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
see yeah i'd like to know when to set the DVR as i have to go grocery shopping, get/eat dinner, and then read/brief cases for class tomorrow, but would like to watch his speech before bedtime...

if anyone has heard a rumor as to exactly when big Ted is speaking, please let me know
They have said if he does speak it will be probably after the Tribute to him. That falls in the 7-9pm range local time.

thekad

Banned
RubxQub said:
Seriously...this shit is why I don't want anyone who is a fucking moron to vote.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK is this shit infuriating me.

Obama supporters are fucking morons.
Clinton supporters are fucking morons.
McCain supporters are fucking morons.

JUST LET IMPORTANT PEOPLE SPEAK!

:lol

I get that these people only have 5 seconds to speak, but this shit is hilarious.

besada

Banned
So MSNBC not even covering the actual inside of the DNC so far? I guess Code Pink and the Clintonistas are more entertaining.

Karma Kramer said:
They say man should always dress for the job he wants.
So why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant?
It's all because some hacker stole my identity.
Now I'm in here every evening serving chowder and ice tea.

Should've gone to FREEEE creditreport.com
I could have seen this coming at me like an atom bomb.
They monitor your credit and send you email alerts...

Aw fuck...

laserbeam

Banned
besada said:
So MSNBC not even covering the actual inside of the DNC so far? I guess Code Pink and the Clintonistas are more entertaining.
Might not want to be reccomended it but FOX News Live web coverage has a convention live feed that is not the "war room" and is only the floor of the center and its events but as said its very boring stuff at the moment

Alcander

besada said:
They are, honestly. The actual convention is pretty boring right now

besada

Banned
laserbeam said:
Might not want to be reccomended it but FOX News Live web coverage has a convention live feed that is not the "war room" and is only the floor of the center and its events but as said its very boring stuff at the moment

I'm just watching it on C-Span, which is running live feed. Personally, I've found it somewhat interesting that the DNC is clearly trying to reach out to women voters by selecting women as virtually all of the DNC officers.

I'm getting all the entertainment I need by reading the Hillary Clinton forums.

Tamanon

Banned
besada said:
I'm just watching it on C-Span, which is running live feed. Personally, I've found it somewhat interesting that the DNC is clearly trying to reach out to women voters byselecting women as virtually all of the DNC officers.

Well also, women make up a sizable majority of the Democratic party to begin with.

laserbeam

Banned
besada said:
I'm just watching it on C-Span, which is running live feed. Personally, I've found it somewhat interesting that the DNC is clearly trying to reach out to women voters byselecting women as virtually all of the DNC officers.
Ive noticed that as well they are bringing out a ton of women.

Kusagari

Karma Kramer said:
No I think Matthews tackled her on this... he did a great job of making her basically look like a crazy rapid idiot.

Most pundits would have just heard the basic opinion and moved on...

I was mad though he just didn't go "WHY THE FUCK WOULD HIM BEING A MUSLIM MATTER?". I know the bigotry against Muslims in the country but he could have at least called her out on it.

laserbeam

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
So has anyone been watching Fox News? Whats the coverage been like so far?

Its not been so bad at least at the moment. They have kucinich etc on right now and they have been avoiding any heavy republican bias for now at least.

They did just say a report has come in that McCain could announce his VP pick thursday in Dayton Ohio.

Tamanon

Banned
Dax01 said:
Do you think the Obama campaign will run with this? I would love to see an ad that concerns this.

Obama's peeps are already pressing the DoJ to look into it, not sure if that'll do anything. Although they do have a counter ad about Ayers up already.

Odrion

Banned
Dax01 said:
Do you think the Obama campaign will run with this? I would love to see an ad that concerns this.
I got a feeling that if they legally can the Obama campaign will, in the best case scenario, dismantle the swiftboat group.

Amir0x said:
It would be nice if shows did follow-ups and made corrections. And it would be nice if they banned guests that have come on and said completely untrue things. (They could make it like GAF . . . Spokesman for candidate X would like to make a statement on our show, but he has been banned for a month since he said this <show clip> which has been proven false. :lol )

The amount of lying that takes place in political discussions these days is terrible. I really think it would be nice if something could be done about it. Perhaps courts should be more open to libel/slander cases even if they concern a public figure.

I really think we would ALL be better off if the amount of falsehoods that are put out there were reduced. And yes, this goes for EVERYONE . . . left or right. People that spew falsehoods deserve to be mocked . . . and it is for their own good . . . it can hurt their own side if they are saying things that are completely untrue.

If I were the Obama campaign, I'd release an ad that says how McCain called Janet Reno Chelsea Clinton's long lost father. Maybe that would shut the Hillary supporters up. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/08/stu-scott-interview-with-barack-obama.html

Cub fans, SHOTS FIRED!

Scott: &#8220;If the Cubs and the White Sox both make it to the World Series?
Obama: &#8220;I would be going.&#8221;
Scott: &#8220;Who would you root for?
Obama: &#8220;Oh, that's easy. White Sox. I'm not one of these fair weather fans. You go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there. People aren't watching the game. It's not serious. White Sox, that's baseball. Southside.&#8221;

Interview airs tonight on ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom