• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I came into this thread to see if anyone else felt the same way about this speech. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

She acts as if she's talking to a bunch of children. Is America really that low?

Hootie

VALIS said:
What if I had you picture General Clark laying the pipe to one of them? Or both of them??

suicide.gif

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Barack Obama's right...

AND JOHN MCCAIN IS WRONG!

McCainShitEatingGrin.gif

I'm watching CNN, and they're talking to Kaine about Virginia. The always entertaining John King was looking at the primary map for voting results in Virginia and he unleashed a total bombshell that I had yet to consider throughout the months of following this election closely:

Were you guys aware that Obama had some difficulty in winning over blue-collar voters during the primaries? This completely blew my mind. Thankfully, the always-enlightening media is there to point out where we might find drama leading into the general election.

Rur0ni

If I don't jump out of my seat in a nationalistic fit when Obama speaks some days later, I will be meh'd all the way till Nov. 4th.

APF

Let me talk about SOMEONE.

Who emphasizes the last word in a SENTENCE.

Her name is Nancy PELOSI.

Oh thank god she has STOPPED.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/25/police-investigate-possible-plot-kill-obama/
Authorities are investigating a possible threat against presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

Aurora police arrested a longtime drug user Sunday afternoon during a routine traffic stop where the man was seen "weaving," sources said.

Police found a rifle in the man's car and methamphetamine. The man allegedly made comments about Sen. Obama, but sources wouldn't say what they were.

It was enough, however, to make police believe the man might have been plotting to somehow harm Obama. A second man was arrested at a Glendale hotel.

Authorities were tight-lipped about the arrest, refusing to divulge details or confirm the man's name.

The man has not been charged with any plot to harm Obama, 47. The man is facing drug and weapons charges.

TPM has a previous version of this article:
Law enforcement authorities have arrested two men, and several law enforcement sources say the investigation is looking into whether the men intended to harm presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

According to multiple sources, Aurora police made a routine traffic stop Sunday morning at 2:38 a.m. The Secret Service says two rifles were found in the car along with methamphetamine. Another law enforcement source says he was told at least one of the rifles was a "sniper rifle."

A second source told CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass authorities told officers they are concerned they may have come upon a possible "assassination plot."...

The Secret Service, ATF and the FBI are all involved in the investigation. A Secret Service spokesman says the agency is concerned by the proximity to the Democratic National Convention and the items found in the man's car.

so...

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Wow, the McCain=Bush thing is really taking off. So much so that people are interchanging the two of them :lol

"She knows that this country can't take another 4 years of John McCain!"

ddb320

Banned
Hey, is there anyway to stream online Olberman and the actual MSNBC channel?

msnbc.msn.com only has the convention stream I think, and I don't have cable. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom