• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus fucking Christ, Ted Strickland is a stiff sonofabitch. Good thing he had the qualification of 'not Ken Blackwell', that's why I voted for him.

Tamanon

Banned
"It doesn't matter if an idea has an R or a D next to it, it matters if it's good"

And this was attacked as a BAD thing to say. I think that kinda is a big symptom of what's wrong with our political society.

pxleyes

Banned
Tamanon said:
"It doesn't matter if an idea has an R or a D next to it, it matters if it's good"

And this was attacked as a BAD thing to say. I think that kinda is a big symptom of what's wrong with our political society.
Sure it is, but they are right if they are pushing that issue. In fact, the only people who are always right are the media because they control that narrative.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tamanon said:

I loved that line. Furthermore, its natural corollary is "we shouldn't espouse a bad idea just because it has a D on it."

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
A while ago, CNN interviewed Tim Kaine. Really sharp, really clean, really articulate. A good looking guy, I'd have preferred him over Joe.

Tamanon said:

They weren't attacking it as a bad thing necessarily, they were just saying that it wasn't the right message for this particular moment, this convention, coming out of this presidency.

Tamanon said:

Blame the media. They love partisan crap because it creates drama and sensationalism. For 'regular' people, Michelle Obama's and Warner's speech were probably received well and get people to think. Meanwhile the pundits on the back end are frustrated because the Dems are giving them what they want.

Krowley

Warner has the kind of centrist tone that the democrats need to win the white house. He has the right balance. Sort of like Bill Clinton.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The McCain ad just played on CNN, the one about Obama wanting to raise taxes when people don't have money for food.

Because we all know that, at $250k a year and above, it's hard to get groceries.

Tamanon

Banned
echoshifting said:
Mitt Romney is on CBS right now sounding a lot like a VP.

:D

God I hope so, he would be a perfect VP choice to go down in flames. For all the talk about elitism, imagine how much more elite he'll come across in the debates with Biden.

VanMardigan said:
A while ago, CNN interviewed Tim Kaine. Really sharp, really clean, really articulate. A good looking guy, I'd have preferred him over Joe.

As good as he is he's anti-abortion and given Obama's need to win back some of the disgruntled female voters who supported Hillary that was probably the red 'X' that knocked Kaine out. (Also the total lack of foreign policy experience.)

Trakdown

maximum360 said:
Blame the media. They love partisan crap because it creates drama and sensationalism. For 'regular' people, Michelle Obama's and Warner's speech were probably received well and get people to think. Meanwhile the pundits on the back end are frustrated because the Dems are giving them what they want.

The Media's basically that kid we all knew in school who would start fights with rumors.

"Hey, John, I heard Barack called you a pussy! You're not going to let him get away with that, are you?"

"Barack, you know, I don't want to start nothing, but Hillary's talking shit about you."

Fucking sad.

laserbeam

Banned
maximum360 said:
He probably meant, the Bill Clinton of the 90's. Bill is quickly transforming into a cranky, miserable, and bitter senior citizen.

They really need to push Bill totally out of the lime light for the rest of the election period if they want to cut damage. Theres alot of Pollsters etc starting to agree that Bill could do alot of harm with comments etc after the Unity fest is over in Denver if he is still on the scene

Tamanon

Banned
KilledByBill said:
As good as he is he's anti-abortion and given Obama's need to win back some of the disgruntled female voters who supported Hillary that was probably the red 'X' that knocked Kaine out. (Also the total lack of foreign policy experience.)

Eh, he's pretty much the same view as Obama on abortion, personally anti-abortion based on faith but doesn't think the law should be involved except on some regulations.

Tamanon said:
God I hope so, he would be a perfect VP choice to go down in flames. For all the talk about elitism, imagine how much more elite he'll come across in the debates with Biden.

I never would have guessed Romney after McCain's tactics with Biden. Never. But he sounded a hell of a lot like a VP or at last someone on the short list...I mean I was just flipping through but it sounded like he was going after Biden and Biden's relationship with Obama with as much force as he could muster.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
KilledByBill said:

Anti-abortion. Wow, now I REALLY wish he'd been picked.

VanMardigan said:
The McCain ad just played on CNN, the one about Obama wanting to raise taxes when people don't have money for food.

Because we all know that, at $250k a year and above, it's hard to get groceries.
The Obama team should put out another ad that not only debunks the ad (by pointing out what you just did, his tax hikes are for those over $250K), but asks people if they really want to vote for people would would lie to them like that. Hmm . . . what else might they lie to you about? . . . WMDS? Ties to Al-Qeada?

VanMardigan said:

Actually, according to the republican panel of the larry king show last night it will be at $42k. So get your facts right!!!

I mean they wouldn't lie.

bafflewaffle said:
Dude right now is killin it.

He's using too much common sense and doing too much to articulate an argument for Obama while rationally contrasting Obama's vision and policies with McCain. All this means it that for the media, the speech is a complete and utter failure.

Edit. I was watching the delayed Deval Patrick speech and my post was in response to that.

This guy is the token 'red meat' guy.

Tamanon

Banned
It really is bizarre, the pundits are sitting there saying "They're not attacking the Republicans, what's the deal?" and then just ignore the speeches that actually attack him. Schweitzer is bizarre, but he's laying out the fact that McCain has been anti-alternative energy.

"That's a lot of change, but it's not the change we need." Dude's a dork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom