• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

I know that Buzzfeed sucks, but I found this article about Ke$ha's letters written to fans (during her rehab stint) interesting.

grid-cell-1352-1413587457-14.jpg

royalan

tumblr_ndpaoh1AHg1rn3vxqo1_500.jpg

Bey really ought to stop chipping away at her nose. She won't have one left by this time next year at the rate she's going.

Aguila

#ICONIC
It looks like she spent 30 cents at a thrift shop, posed in front of the Windows XP desktop, then edited the pictures on Paint.

Vazduh

I can't believe that Katy is still pushing damn Prism.

This is why she'll never be on Rihanna's level.

The thing is, Capitol Records are responsible for this. Teenage Dream era lasted two years so they wanted to repeat the success.

'PRISM's Multi-Year Lifespan:
“Katy has a massive global footprint, and it’s important for her to touch all fans around globe and let all the markets have their moment in the rollout. This album is going to have a long deep campaign, with multiple singles; its lifespan should take us through a couple years.”

That worked for Teenage Dream because it's basically an album of perfect bubblegum pop fluff.

Prism failed on the enjoyable music front. I await Katy's rebirth as the Acoustic Chanteuse.

royalan

All I know is, Rihanna gave your faves two whole years to catch up. And what happened?

Katy barely managed 2 #1s.

Beyonce put out an entire flop era. Anaconda is more successful than any BEYONCE single attempt.

Lana del Rey fumbled her sophomore effort.

Just...nothing.

So don't complain about the reign when she hops back on the scene.

All I know is, Rihanna gave your faves two whole years to catch up. And what happened?

Beyonce put out an entire flop era. Anaconda is more successful than any BEYONCE single attempt.

Just...nothing.

Roy are you excited for Lana's next album? Or did you give up hope on her after Ultraviolence?

Trigger

Just...nothing.

All the tea in this post.

royalan

Roy are you excited for Lana's next album? Or did you give up hope on her after Ultraviolence?

Sis, as far as I'm concerned Ultraviolence was an experimental mixtape Lana created while drunk in the studio and has already forgotten about, and the upcoming album is the true successor to the flawlessness of BTD and PE.

Roy is more concerned about others successful faves but his own, confirmed.

Tbh, this year for big girls have been lukewarm but the indie chick's have been slaying.

2014 was indie/soundcloud domination.

royalan

Roy is more concerned about others successful faves but his own, confirmed.

Tbh, this year for big girls have been lukewarm but the indie chick's have been slaying.

2014 was indie/soundcloud domination.

1) Rih is one of my faves.

2) That Christina is going to deliver to me another flawless album that doesn't require her to compromise herself, or usurp an entire movement, is a given at this point.

2) That Christina is going to deliver to me another flawless album that doesn't require her to compromise herself, or usurp an entire movement, is a given at this point.

I'm legit excited for new Xtina, but there's something very specific I wanna see from her new music, so I may be setting myself up for failure. We'll see though. I want her to carve a new pop lane like she did with Stripped and B2B and not just basically be an also-ran musician. She's brassy enough to take the risk, so I hope she takes it.

Zutroy

About 90% of my favourite Xtina songs are her ballads, so I'd be happy if I get one or two more of them to add to my playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom