• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it would be difficult for xtina to sell out given that she's never stood for anything but banal c-grade musicianship

Aguila

#ICONIC
Teacher by Nick Jonas is
ccd10a8e.gif
ccd10a8e.gif
ccd10a8e.gif

So far, his new songs have been
ccd10a8e.gif
ccd10a8e.gif
ccd10a8e.gif

Finally, the king of pop we've all been waiting for.

iOjpqjRFRoGjL.gif

BEYONCÉ was a moment for sure and is still 2013's second-best album, but I don't think any of the current girls (Xtina included) has it in them to produce a masterpiece like Back to Devour the Basic Bitches anymore.

I haven't seen that kind of inspired, boundless, fearless marriage of production and vocals since um, Come To My Garden by Minnie Riperton? The moment I discovered B2B is still imprinted in my psyche. Along with my astonished wonder that Koodo somehow solved my puzzle that night.

despite everything, she'll always have that album tbh

royalan

BEYONCE drags xtuneless's entire career down into the pits of hell where it belongs and lashes it to a screaming pulp

be SEATED

Somebody is so mad that Bey put all this effort into a flop-ass era. I liiiiive!

BEYONCE came and went like a sexist fart in the wind.

Meanwhile the Queen stays collecting coins from her throne.

overcast

Wait, aren't album sales important or is it more #1's and staying power? Cause didn't Beyonce sell a lot?

Curious, because that's the aspect of pop I really don't care about.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait, aren't album sales important or is it more #1's and staying power? Cause didn't Beyonce sell a lot?

Curious, because that's the aspect of pop I really don't care about.

Well here people will find anything so they could trash talk the other artists. Some would trash some artist by their reviews, some by singles sales and album sales. Basically one way or another you can find ways to talk trash about artists unless they are the magical pack that sells tons of singles, albums and has good reviews.

Vanity from Bionic is iconic in a RuPaul's Drag Race contestant sort of way.

iB3P20i2SGu9O.gif

YAAAAAAAS!! Vanity is the ultimate in the "It's so bad it's good" category of iconic material

If or when (basically when) I get up in drag for shits and giggles, I'm pretty sure Vanity will be the first thing I perform. It's the draggiest song of all time. <3

And here's where we stand at the moment in the Tourney:

iNXCp11zt0Osn.png

So far it's a dead heat! Make sure to vote and break the tie if you haven't already!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
YAAAAAAAS!! Vanity is the ultimate in the "It's so bad it's good" category of iconic material

If or when (basically when) I get up in drag for shits and giggles, I'm pretty sure Vanity will be the first thing I perform. It's the draggiest song of all time. <3

Make sure to post pics in drag and your lipsync performance.
If its good send it to Ru.

Any thoughts on Yelle's new album in here? Saw someone (can't recall who) post something related to it a while back. I really like "Complètement fou", "Ba$$in", “Moteur Action” and "Nuit de baise I & II".

Vazduh

So apparently there's an explicit version of Nick Jonas' Jealous, which is also the album version. Explicit or no explicit, it's a BOP and definitely one of my favorite pop songs of 2014.

RzvyRRS.gif

Any thoughts on Yelle's new album in here? Saw someone (can't recall who) post something related to it a while back. I really like "Complètement fou", "Ba$$in", &#8220;Moteur Action&#8221; and "Nuit de baise I & II".

Grizzo wrote about it, You Know Nothing as well. It's good, really good! Complètement fou is my fave, but the rest was nice, too :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Somebody is so mad that Bey put all this effort into a flop-ass era. I liiiiive!

BEYONCE came and went like a sexist fart in the wind.

Meanwhile the Queen stays collecting coins from her throne.

if a RECORD BREAKING WORLDWIDE #1 ALBUM can turn me mad from it's 'floppage', then that must say a lot about YOUR mental state given that xtina's last two albums had so little impact that even her label has probably forgotten about them

--------

in other news

Sordid Affair, another track from Röyksopp's upcoming electronic AOTY The Inevitable End is on Spotify now!

Phreaker

Speaking of Ellie.

Calvin Harris - Outside ft. Ellie Goulding

It's not complete trash. But man, I am sick of Calvin Harris' stale production.

I really like it (mostly because of Ellie) and just bought it! Thank goodness he doesn't sign on it. I can't listen to any of his songs where he sings, bleh. (Him or Pitbull - they make me feel sick when I hear them)

So apparently there's an explicit version of Nick Jonas' Jealous, which is also the album version. Explicit or no explicit, it's a BOP and definitely one of my favorite pop songs of 2014.

I think I might like this song.

Stefan&#8482;;135111025 said:
Listen to Taylor's new promo track, "Welcome to New York":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81doBkpkdJQ

Living right now

ibd0sZzWdbJPkD.gif

What kinda perfect album opener like SoG?

I want to hear more!

I'm voting for Kylie... just listened to Aphrodite, Get Outta My Way and well most of that album and I now cannot even seem to recall a single Mariah Carey song. I thought I heard one of her songs earlier but it was just some coworkers whispering in the office next door.

I never liked Taylor as an artist (her only sonically interesting song to me is Safe and Sound), so I don't know why I find myself so disappointed with her output so far this era.

Maybe it's because she's so strikingly gorgeous, or because her label manages her album cycles flawlessly, or because we were born days apart from each other, but I was actually excited for 1989. I always detected shades of Alanis in Taylor's vocal delivery, especially in the "spoken word" portions of some of her songs (a similarity I'm sure TS is aware of), so I was hoping she'd go more in this or this direction.

Oh wellsies.

Zutroy

Loving the Calvin and Ellie song! No doubt that'll top the UK chart - hopefully soon to get rid of All About That Bass.

I like it. Ellie continues to slay.

Hmm. I think I might prefer the clean version.

Stefan™;135111025 said:
Listen to Taylor's new promo track, "Welcome to New York":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81doBkpkdJQ
Goodness, that's horrible. :x

B-Dex

I'm voting for Kylie... just listened to Aphrodite, Get Outta My Way and well most of that album and I now cannot even seem to recall a single Mariah Carey song. I thought I heard one of her songs earlier but it was just some coworkers whispering in the office next door.

Get outta my way is like the epitome a pop song. Almost like a holy experience. Life changing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom