• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah defeated Beyonce. That's all that matters.

ibycgIZyphd9N.gif

Mau ®

It's that time of the year when Mariah isn't a flop

MARIAH CAREY - All I Want For Christmas Is...: 1.864 (+ 1.134)

Slay.

I don't know why but iTunes for some reason has fully downloaded both the standard and deluxe editions of Ultraviolence to my computer

As in they both show up in my library and both have the correct number of tracks + album art

I only bought the deluxe :|

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Goddammit, Aya. RIP.

I'm not sure if that's the reason. But that's the only post that could have done it.

Unless he got banned for being an alt or someth.

I don't think anyone at least in the thread would be offended by the comments. Perhaps it was someone lurking that reported it?

If it is an alt I'm perched for details.

I don't know why but iTunes for some reason has fully downloaded both the standard and deluxe editions of Ultraviolence to my computer

As in they both show up in my library and both have the correct number of tracks + album art

I only bought the deluxe :|

Contact Apple. I believe they can fix that with an email giving them all the details.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Like a Virgin turned 30 today.

Stop embarrassing yourselves by pretending the only Madge albums worth listening to are post-'98 and honor the untouchable, eternal queen of pop by listening to her stone-cold classic alberm tonight.

"Like a Virgin is really a portrait of Madonna's uncanny pop instincts empowered by her impatient zeal for creative growth and her innate knack for crafting a good record. ... The mere fact that at the time of its release so many couldn't resist commenting on the record was a testament to the continuous, growing fascination with Madonna ... Every important artist has at least one album in his or her career whose critical and commercial success becomes the artist's magic moment; for Madonna, Like a Virgin was just such a defining moment."

Madonna's public persona of an indomitable, sexually unashamed, supremely confident woman struck a chord with [the younger generation]. ... With the song, Madonna became the last word in attitude and fashion for young girls of that time. ... At a time when eighties fashions were promoting flat-chested, stick-thin women as ideals of beauty, the more curvaceous Madonna made average girls feel that it was fine to be in the shape they were. A new word called 'Madonna wannabe' was introduced to describe the thousands of girls who tried to emulate Madonna's style. At one point, Macy's allotted an entire floor area for the sale of clothes styled according to Madonna's fashion.

University professors, gender-studies experts and feminists earnestly started discussing her role as a post-modernist style and cultural icon. In 1993, a conference was held at the University of California at Santa Barbara, with the subject as Madonna: Feminist Icon or Material Girl? The conference pondered on the duality of Madonna as both of them and deduced that the question of Madonna's feminism is not easy to decide. Some of the feminists left the conference, citing that they had not been able to make up their minds.

"Dress You Up" was also the subject of much media attention, when it was included on the Parents Music Resource Center's (PMRC) "Filthy Fifteen" list, for the perceived sexual content of its lyrics. The PMRC called upon the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) to give parents a consumer-friendly means of identifying rock records unsuitable for minors—a rating system based on lyrical content. "Dress You Up" received a rating of 'S', for "sex and obscenity", from the RIAA.

Madonna performed "Like a Virgin" at the first MTV Video Music Awards in 1984, where she appeared on stage atop a giant wedding cake dressed in a wedding dress, adorned with the infamous "Boy Toy" belt buckle, and veil. The climax of her risqué performance found her "humping" and rolling around on the stage. To this day, the performance is noted as one of the most iconic and biggest performances in MTV's history

Single-handedly redefining what it meant to make an i m p a c t on society, fashion, and the music industry.

Thanks for voting everyone! The first semifinal match of the Losers Bracket has come to an end. How did you vote??

iuOBabnOZOBjS.png

IT'S A KNOCKOUT PUNCH! Beyonce lives to die another day, and our beloved Aphrodite from Down Under has to sashay away from our tournament. Beyonce gets one more face-off before sauntering off to the finals, so stay tuned for that.

ROUND 03, BATTLE 04 coming in shortly!

It's a battle of Robyns:

ih6bkyrw5vB38.png

imrafFHrwZUiy.png

I MADE A PLAYLIST TO HELP YOU DECIDE, IN THE CASE OF ONSET STANNING VERTIGO:

As always, you can vote by sending me a PM with your choice of pop star. You can send it right now by CLICKING HERE!

RIP rude :(

I was prematurely banned for 24 hrs. All because some of ubishit-a-thon thread in gaming OT. I didn't even say anything but just co-signed with a (.) someone else's comment in which I had to get banned because someone else had a problem with it. Whatever, Ubishit is shit.

Royksopp album has a rank now............

.... And it's a lot less than what I was expecting.

Do y'all notice Soulscribe slaying the avatar game right now?
Bitch is tew cute. And where is Leona with her praising MJ in the shadows ass?

Flattered tbh, but I'm not even a tenth as cute as Soul-sis~

~Or her Instagram page

This made me blush, thank you :D

Haaai Leona, page me gurl
tumblr_lys1glPEyv1ro91bjo1_500.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOURNEY UPDATE: Robyn leads by 1.

I might vote for Rihanna :/

also mess @ Marina having that rant against T Rich and R Kelly last year when she worked with Diplo and Dr Puke multiple times on Electra Heart

Tbh I wish a celeb would drag her for that so she would see it because it's hypocritical af

Notice she's not saying anything about Diplo shitting on TSwift

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
also mess @ Marina having that rant against T Rich and R Kelly last year when she worked with Diplo and Dr Puke multiple times on Electra Heart

Tbh I wish a celeb would drag her for that so she would see it because it's hypocritical af

Notice she's not saying anything about Diplo shitting on TSwift

lbr nobody cares enough about marina to fued
also i dont think we can really put Diplo in the same sort of category and dr luke
i mean one is accused of assault and the other insulted someones ass

lbr nobody cares enough about marina to fued
also i dont think we can really put Diplo in the same sort of category and dr luke
i mean one is accused of assault and the other insulted someones ass
Tru but diplo often tweets horrible things about ppl + female celebrities
I just can't imagine Marina would be ok with that seeing as she says she's a feminist

cory64

President Swift tbh

yaaaaaaaaaas Queen Demi dragging Meghan Trainwreck:

“I wasn’t strong enough to have an eating disorder…I tried to go anorexic for a good three hours. I ate ice and celery, but that’s not even anorexic. And I quit. I was like, ‘Ma, can you make me a sandwich? Like, immediately,”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom