• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC

irimCtLqtmZY0.gif

Vazduh

New song from Karin Park's upcoming album is a big-time bop: Look What You've Done

Yesterday I was trying to remember her name and now you've posted the song, bless. I like it! Her voice sounds a lot like Malin from Niki and the Dove, and that other Karin, from The Knife.

Did you guys ever talk about Theophilus London's new album? Has some fucking jams on it.

A few people put it on in GAF-Hop and it's pretty damn solid.

"Do Girls" was almost paid dust in here, but maybe your post will make more people check his album out :) It's a good album, I agree with you. In fact, I'm bopping a bit to it right now.

U4e2xan.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;138780163 said:
Robyn C. is more consistent with her music. The ratio of amazing songs to ok (but still amazing songs) is like 9:1 in her albums. Meanwhile Rhat's albums usually have like 5 outstanding songs and the rest are OK to :biblio: inducing.

Nonetheless the Rhat has amazing music videos, is nice to look at and has a good sense of fashion. And that's why you should vote for her.

Said like a true #NVAY, I'm proud of you.

Make sure to vote for either Robyn Fenty or Robyn Scandinavia before it's too late! Every vote counts!

ih6bkyrw5vB38.png

imrafFHrwZUiy.png

I made a playlist for you too! I mean come on!

As always, you can vote by sending me a PM with your choice of pop star. You can send it right now by CLICKING HERE!

3phemeral

I still use:

Manicure (iTunes/Album)
Artpop (iTunes)
MJH
Sexx Dreams (iTunes/Album)
Applause (gym)
Fashion
Donatella
Swine (iTunes)
Venus

3phemeral

I was so worried she was going to do that. Sorry for you tho
T5MkQpi.gif

Good. Although idk about Donatella tbh.

Donatella and Fashion are more, "I like the build of the song despite the lyrical content." :) Especially for Fashion with that long held note and then the breakdown.
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png

Donatella and Fashion are more, "I like the build of the song despite the lyrical content." :) Especially for Fashion with that long held note and then the breakdown.
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png
That part makes the song imo. I used to be a Fashion! hater until I properly listened to it and it's one of my faves now.

Venus though

Such a psychedelic trip, I love the stops and melody switches. Like a musical app sampler. Lol

And that's how I feel about the whole album honestly. It's eclectic and has many interesting, dare I say bold melodic/production moments, but she doesn't allow herself to settle into them for very long. It's all just one quick sprint to the finish so the really genius moments feel like a flash in the pan and it dilutes the whole experience because it doesn't let you sit and appreciate those great parts.

On the contrary with Born This Way, not only did she seize the brilliant moments but milked them out for all they're worth. Scheiße says hi.

Majmun

Aquarius is still slaying me.

Having a moment with Bated Breath right now. It's perfection. She sounds amazing in it

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tinashe is performing close to me and the meet and greet tickets are 75$. I'm so tempted!

I missed out the meet and greet bit when i read this and wondering why a fucking hew would possibly be charging that much for a standard ticket

Should meet ha just for the story for when she inevitably blows up big

edit; new Kelis is FIAR

Is it November 24 yet?

7/11

tumblr_mden0oL1Gg1rs89ylo1_250.gif

Ring Off

tumblr_mden0oL1Gg1rs89ylo1_250.gif

the titles alone portend so much ratchet

it has become beyonce's duty to save music every year she releases music

~now save 2014 mama~

Partition

Banned
- kiesza's album is cute. not here for her remaking hideaway 10 times tho
- Bet by Tinashe is one of the best tracks released this year
- get into Tei Shi, especially her new song Bassically
- 1989 is hot trash, Red is a much superior album
- tough love was majorly disappointing as well, devotion is far superior
- BWET is just okay. Ice Princess and Gimme A Chance are the best of the new bunch
- where is rih8? who cares
- but in terms of someone consistently slaying, please do yourself a favor and check out iamamiwhoami's BLUE asap
- is GaG still in this eternal tournament? stop voting her
- hi

Majmun

hi :)

Bet is amazing, yeah. It has a great atmosphere an vibe. The outroo...good lord. And when the Cold Sweat beat starts...nnnnn so fucking good.

I can't stop praising Aquarius. Reverie is amazing as well. This Tinashe girl has a lot of potential.

Partition

Banned
hi :)

Bet is amazing, yeah. It has a great atmosphere an vibe. The outroo...good lord. And when the Cold Sweat beat starts...nnnnn so fucking good.

I can't stop praising Aquarius. Reverie is amazing as well. This Tinashe girl has a lot of potential.

Bey shoulda made Cold Sweat.

Majmun

I'm sure Bey would steal all of Aquarius if she'd have a time machine.

Aquarius would sound amazing as well if sung by Bey. Even a Rihanna edition would be great. The material is just very good.

Vazduh

My god S Club 7 are looking old (although Rachel is still looking fine!)

I just watched their performance. What the hell happened to Jo's voice? She sounded off. Maybe the nerves got to her?

And she aged the worst, I guess.

14EKgKK.gif

The rest of the girls looked amazing, especially Rachel.

YAOyylR.gif

The guys were... erm. I guess I sort of dig Paul's chubby/daddy look, lmao

7k3wCkQ.gif

Bradley was the best, vocal-wise.

lop3eII.gif

Overall, it was a lot less embarrassing than I expected.

Majmun

So, I'm just randomly checking the Mockingjay OST.

OMG, Tinashe has a song in it. It's called Leap and it scalps.

Will this chick ever release a bad song?

Vazduh

^ Do you have the video for that performance? They were huge in Lebanon where I grew up, lol

Somebody uploaded the performance in HD quality on Youtube, but it was taken down almost immediately. I did manage to grab a few gifs, lmao.

Try one of these newer links, they should work?

Prepare for the
potentially cringey
nostalgic trip!

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana is doing a song for Tim Burton's movie, Big Eyes. The song is also called Big Eyes.

This will more than likely be a slay considering its Lana and because Once Upon a Dream and Young & Beautiful were slays.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom