• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Nemesis!

The Fall Of Googoosha

Another article.

Her Gulag G era is closer than ever.

i3XQAerCapy0d.gif

Shadowshow by whoisyouwhatisyou is seriously one of the best songs this year.

That is all.
educate them

no lies detected 🙏

Listening to BLUE all the way through is a heavenly experience 😢😭

The triple punch 👊 w/ ripple, tld and shadowshow at the end of the album >>>

Also I know it ws mentioned before but dive feat daft punk is quite something too

Zutroy

Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Please!

Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!
Vote Britney!​
Please!

iqty57ARqoxp4.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Britney got my vote
that discography is just too good to deny

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
2014 didn't turn out to be so bad! (musically). With my two fave's latest efforts being delayed until 2015, Madge with #UnapologeticBitch or whatever her 13th album will be called, and Gaga's Artpop 2.0 (let's face it, nobody was here for Check to Check) I thought all hope was lost for a time ;_;

2014's best albums imo:

iamamiwhoami/Jonna Lee with BLUE (amazing, might be my #1)
Kiesza with Sound of a Woman
Jessie Ware with Tough Love (perhaps not quite as good as Devotion but she's the closet thing to modern Sade <3)

Truly the year of the hew
pSlGFJ5.gif

I'd give honorable mention to Azealia's BWET, she'd be a notch higher if there wasn't so much excessive cussing. She fills a hole for me that Missy Elliott left in her absence (hope she returns soon) I'd love radio friendly version of the album tbh

Mau ®

2014 didn't turn out to be so bad! (musically). With my two fave's latest efforts being delayed until 2015, Madge with #UnapologeticBitch or whatever her 13th album will be called, and Gaga's Artpop 2.0 (let's face it, nobody was here for Check to Check) I thought all hope was lost for a time ;_;

2014's best albums imo:

Jessie Ware with Tough Love (perhaps not quite as good as Devotion but she's the closet thing to modern Sade <3)

pSlGFJ5.gif

I'd give honorable mention to Azealia's BWET, she'd be a notch higher if there wasn't so much excessive cussing. She fills a hole for me that Missy Elliott left in her absence (hope she returns soon) I'd love radio friendly version of the album tbh

OMG

Welcome back *.*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

There is a clean version on itunes, can't say Ive listened to it to know how the censoring works though

royalan

If the "closest thing to Sade" is several hundred miles away, we should just do ourselves a favor and stop making the comparison.

It was deserved with Devotion. But Sade would never be as dull, damp, and downright unsexy as Jessie Ware is on Tough Flop. Especially not in her prime.

If the "closest thing to Sade" is several hundred miles away, we should just do ourselves a favor and stop making the comparison.

It was deserved with Devotion. But Sade would never be as dull, damp, and downright unsexy as Jessie Ware is on Tough Flop. Especially not in her prime.

ibbTJi51Xtjb6D.gif

I thought it was agreed that FKA Twigs is more Sade-esqe in the industry now. I never heard of this Jessie Ware comparison

Trigger

DzNoJ.gif

Touchdown

Banned
After slaying Asia, Mariah is now slaughtering down unda.
ec20fb7f.gif

Mariah Carey review – no bells but plenty of whistles for the diva
Qantas Credit Union Arena, Sydney
The leading lady of R&B and hair-raising displays of melisma admits to feeling bleak, but still hits all the high notes

4 out of 5 Stars

Mariah doesn’t need to dance. She doesn’t need zany costumes or elaborate stage props like Miley, Katy or Taylor. Mariah just is.

You may have scoffed at the cheesiness of the diva, but her influence has become so grand she has become a category unto herself. As St Petersburg Times journalist Sean Daly once wrote, watch any reality TV music show these days and you’re bound to come across three types of auditions: the talented kids, the weird kids and the Mariahs.

The audience witnessed for what reason her physical energy had to be reserved: her third song Emotions, Carey hit that legendary whistle register perfectly – a clean lift that would be the envy of any Olympic weightlifter. link

Grammy winner Mariah Carey wows crowds and silences critics at Sirromet Winery concert

The Grammy winner and former American Idol judge used her greatest weapon — “that” voice — to silence her critics last night when she thrilled 6000 fans at an outdoor A Day On The Green concert at the Terry Morris-owned Sirromet Winery, just north of the Gold Coast at Mt Cotton.

Anyone who didn’t go last night based on her last Gold Coast show: sorry but you missed out, this was Carey to the power of 10.

A true star in the finest old-Hollywood tradition (think Bette Davis, Elizabeth Taylor, Rita Hayworth, Greta Garbo), Carey hasn’t just got it — she flaunts it.

Last night’s show was a reminder why Carey, armed with one of the best sets of tonsils in pop music, has won and kept so many fans — and why she remains the highest-selling female artist of all time. link

iAUhqcpnVgQsh.gif

Vitanimus

... You're thinking less of an azealia banks album for swearing? Amazing

Vazduh

2014's best albums imo:

pSlGFJ5.gif

Hi.

U57UjCA.gif

I don't mind Azealia's swearing. I hate swearing when it sounds forced (Kim Cesarion's songs come to mind), but Ms Banks pulls off nasty language effortlessly, tbh.

Jesus fucking christ the Love Me Harder video is fucking terrible. Four minutes of "sultry" Ariana. Yeah, arch that back some more, baby.

On another note, the All My Love song for Hunger Games is pretty cool, but I'd rather it was sung by someone else (Lorde perhaps). Ariana's voice is just so high and sweet. I'd like to lower the pitch of her voice (without altering the rest of the song) to hear what that's like.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;139159144 said:
Have ya'll considered the possibility that Sucker could be the pop AOTY?

'Considered the possibility'? I'd say it's fairly likely. She's even giving the other girls a chance by not putting SuperLove on it, so the inevitable snatching will be even more embarrassing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
'Considered the possibility'? I'd say it's fairly likely. She's even giving the other girls a chance by not putting SuperLove on it, so the inevitable snatching will be even more embarrassing.
Gold Coins shits on careers too btw. The Sleigh Bells teas>>>

Edit: Famous sounds like a Punk version of a Spice Girls song.

Mau ®

Check out the snippets of David Guetta's new album "Listen" here.

For what it's worth, it sounds better than Calvin's album. It's got a decent number of bops.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow this tournament's still going on? Haha I thought it ended ages ago

Hi Vazduh! <3

WZ8ngwE.gif

haha you're still the King of Gifs I see :)

Gold Coins shits on careers too btw. The Sleigh Bells teas>>>

Edit: Famous sounds like a Punk version of a Spice Girls song.

I gave Gold Coins a listen thanks to your thread, you're right it slays! *.*

I'm liking Charli XCX more and more, she's like the successful version of what Avril Lavigne (poorly) attemped to pull off

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I gave Gold Coins a listen thanks to your thread, you're right it slays! *.*

I'm liking Charli XCX more and more, she's like the successful version of what Avril Lavigne (poorly) attemped to pull off
Avril "Punk" was so faux you barely get any of the hints of what she wanted to do. Charlisus XCX is coming to snatch.

Zutroy

Mau ®;139224463 said:
Britney is featured on Giorgio Moroder's new album.

Never heard of him but YES to new Britney!

After a quick google...

Moroder may have been best known for his work on songs including Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love”...

Epic! All I need to read, love that song!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom