• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Mau ®;139224463 said:
Britney is featured on Giorgio Moroder's new album.

assisted-living.png

Moroder's efforts as of late are embarrassing and only serve to tarnish an otherwise fine career.

TOURNEY UPDATE: Beyoncé ahead by 9.

TOURNEY UPDATE 2: As of this morning we've hit 1300 PMs! Thanks for stuffing my box, boys! <3

Make sure to vote now by CLICKING HERE! Remember, one vote equals one lotto ticket!

ibaqKqCc3Ex29w.png

iFVXzRBV9erPS.png

Have a blessed day. xoxo

The Pandering: Electric Boogaloo

&#8220;Embracing my gay fan base has been a major part of that and so fulfilling for so many reasons. All my gay friends came to me when I was making my music and said, &#8216;Your gay fan base is huge, you should do something to embrace that,&#8217; and so I&#8217;ve made a real effort to do that.&#8221;

Sure bitch, keep playing that narrative. You didn't even have a gay fanbase before last month's stuffed-crotch, Grindr profile pics spread~

can't we get a photoshoot of the superior Joe tbh?

Phreaker

The Pandering: Electric Boogaloo

Sure bitch, keep playing that narrative. You didn't even have a gay fanbase before last month's stuffed-crotch, Grindr profile pics spread~

can't we get a photoshoot of the superior Joe tbh?

It worked for me. I threw him my coins for the sub $4 album. I like Jealous and I figured there must be one more song in it I'd like.

Mau ®

Why are ya'll so pressed at this dude's gay pandering?

No one is mad when a pop girl covers GQ or Esquire to pander to the straights.

Yado

Mau ®;139268068 said:

idk, I'd side eye any struggling pop girl who (conveniently) kept bringing up her lesbian fanbase as often as Nick mentions the gays.

Mau ®;139268068 said:

right? let the dude make an effort, its not gonna work but its way better than him being a vocal homophobe.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;139268068 said:

Right? A hot straight man is willing to pose in his underpants for us and we're reaching for the pitchforks. As if you wouldn't all be googling the hell out of him if they were candids instead of a photoshoot.

To be honest I don't think we're at a place yet to editorialize Nick Jonas' concentrated efforts as something "negative." Seems like it's a win-win situation for all parties. Nick gets to sell a few more albums, his gay fans get to feel a bit more special, and it's helping the pop industry shift more towards acknowledging gay listeners.

If or once the pandering exercise becomes institutionalized ala Maxim magazine covers (i.e. what every pop star does) then I guess it's time to complain. But until then just enjoy the view. lol

I think I have malware on my Mac because I left this tab open for 10 mins while playing Destiny and when I looked over it had opened a page by itself that told me to download Intel's new drivers from a site that clearly wasn't Intel. :|

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The pandering doesn't bother me, Nick Jonas is harmless like a dog without teeth. I just wish the music biz had hotter guys to ogle if they're gonna pander for coins. We have countless red hot female singers that could be models, and for males we have Nick? lmfao! Sam Smith is cute from the neck up, Calvin Harris is nice from the neck down... :/ yeesh, what a sad state of affairs. I'll stick to female pop stars.

I think I have malware on my Mac because I left this tab open for 10 mins while playing Destiny and when I looked over it had opened a page by itself that told me to download Intel's new drivers from a site that clearly wasn't Intel. :|

Gurl, that virus is the least of your problems

tumblr_mla3yzquUY1rbrm08o1_400.gif

Shannon and Aubrey were in the studio and now did a photoshoot together.
Lol let it die, not interested if Dawn or Aundrea are not coming back.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Some of the track on the Mockingjay soundtrack are pretty cool, but overall this CD is such a disappointment. The previous two collections were nearly flawless. Meh. I was almost looking forward to this as much as I was the movie. What a giant letdown.

For some dumb reason Kingdom and Leap aren't on the Spotify version of the OST.

But I have to agree that it's not that great overall. There are a few standouts and the rest is just there. And Tove Lo continues her trend of making shit songs.

To be honest I don't think we're at a place yet to editorialize Nick Jonas' concentrated efforts as something "negative." Seems like it's a win-win situation for all parties. Nick gets to sell a few more albums, his gay fans get to feel a bit more special, and it's helping the pop industry shift more towards acknowledging gay listeners.

If or once the pandering exercise becomes institutionalized ala Maxim magazine covers (i.e. what every pop star does) then I guess it's time to complain. But until then just enjoy the view. lol
Gays are a mess. If you aren't pandering, you're a homophobe. If you pander too hard, you're co-opting the movement. Don't be mad at popstars because they figured out how to separate you gays from all that extra spending money. They probably only JUST figured out that is isn't only teenagers keeping the One Directions of the world afloat. It's old queens with arrested development.

Some of the track on the Mockingjay soundtrack are pretty cool, but overall this CD is such a disappointment. The previous two collections were nearly flawless. Meh. I was almost looking forward to this as much as I was the movie. What a giant letdown.
yeah I don't recommend being excited for the movie
just saying

Gays are a mess. If you aren't pandering, you're a homophobe. If you pander too hard, you're co-opting the movement. Don't be mad at popstars because they figured out how to separate you gays from all that extra spending money. They probably only JUST figured out that is isn't only teenagers keeping the One Directions of the world afloat. It's old queens with arrested development.

And there's the tea.

Damn. Really? :\ Is it at least better than the first?
Well, based on what I remember from Mockingjay the book the first half is an absolute bore. Like, it's just Katniss doing the same shit over and over and I felt that even after the book gets going it's still pretty bland.
It's all completely up to you, but the first book is way better than the last book imo.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Well, based on what I remember from Mockingjay the book the first half is an absolute bore. Like, it's just Katniss doing the same shit over and over and I felt that even after the book gets going it's still pretty bland.
It's all completely up to you, but the first book is way better than the last book imo.
Oh. Pfft. I used to think that, so I completely understand where you're coming from. Catching Fire was fantastic though. I have faith that Francis Lawrence will make a great drama out of Part 1 and a fantastic action movie out of Part 2. I figured by your comment you had seen it already via some sort of preview screening. I shall remain optimistic. :]

In other news, I just found myself bopping to Love Me Harder. I refuse to allow myself to like a song by that follicly challenged 12-year-old banshee.

Oh. Pfft. I used to think that, so I completely understand where you're coming from. Catching Fire was fantastic though. I have faith that Francis Lawrence will make a great drama out of Part 1 and a fantastic action movie out of Part 2. I figured by your comment you had seen it already via some sort of preview screening. I shall remain optimistic. :]

In other news, I just found myself bopping to Love Me Harder. I refuse to allow myself to like a song by that follicly challenged 12-year-old banshee.
ikr I hate Ariana's personality but her music is pretty good
listen to All My Love from the Mockingjay OST, it slays a bit.

Azealia Banks on Gaga and Little Monsters
On “JFK”, a song on the record which it’s been alleged takes pot shots at Lady Gaga: “It’s not about Lady Gaga! ‘JFK’ is about what it feels like to be a new artist and have a bigger artist steal something from you. It’s like, ‘Bitch! You have everything at your fucking disposal. Why do you want to steal my little thing? You’re getting all your ideas from me.’ But it’s not talking about anyone specific. It could be taken anyway, you know… Actually, it is talking about someone specific. But it’s not Lady Gaga, I promise you. Her little fanbase, they’re crazy. They want everything to be about Lady Gaga. But it’s not about fucking Lady Gaga. I’m sorry, honey. And to be honest it’s like… trust me, I don’t even know what she be up to. You only hear about her when she’s dressing up or she’s doing some crazy shit or whatever. I exist in like cool, artful, hipster world; I’m in this hipster snob world where people don’t listen to Lady Gaga.”
the last sentence lol

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
ikr I hate Ariana's personality but her music is pretty good
listen to All My Love from the Mockingjay OST, it slays a bit.
It sounds out of place in comparison to the rest though. Sort of like Christina's "We Remain" did on the last album.

It's funny. Normally I don't really pay attention to soundtracks aside from one or two songs that might catch my attention. The Hunger Games albums though have been spectacular though...until now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gold coins everywhere,
Dollars up in the air
It's a billion love affair
Gold coins out the window
Money falls like the rain falls
And I'mma spend it like I don't care
tumblr_mtwmaryksq1s63swko1_500.gif

I have just joined the superior Mac race. I absolutely love it.

Also, there is nothing on earth that is greater than The Immaculate Collection.

Get Into the Groove >>>>>> Your faves. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom