• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Lord have mercy that song drove me to the brink
The improvement from that and RIP to IWNLYD is really quite remarkable

RIP was such a horrible song (Rih dodged a bullet with that one, tbh) and I still can't believe it reached no. 1 in the UK. I mean, how?

Overcast, that's an amazing list *.* Why don't you switch over to POPGAF full-time? Don't just lurk :D

a mess

sarah harding doesn't even have a solo album

You know she's going to slay when she releases one. Yas, Sarah, give us that struggle-vocal masterpiece!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
a mess

sarah harding doesn't even have a solo album

Oh, she's not a solo artist? Girl why'd you choose ha then :p

In that case I'll make an exception since she doesn't technically count. I'll give MIA a cute lil bump for ya

EDIT: Can't wait to share the top 18 later. The ranking keeps switching with every vote because numbers 6 through 18 keep changing, with some bitch getting bumped off every hour or so. Right now we have five ladies tied for number 18, but we have several with just one vote less, so if they get a surge instead then it's just gonna become a clusterfuck. It's a standoff between indie faves and radio darlings right now. And a couple of Legends.

i wanted so desperately to vote for Godberts but i switched her out at the last minute because i thought it would be a wasted vote given the trash that is stanned for here (and i was right, a mess at some of the people who are popular)

the vote updates really changed my choices as i just decided to be strategic about everything, i voted for ten artists i liked but not my absolute faves because that would be worthless, then i changed my votes again when i realised who it would be more sensible to vote for

an "indie" (iykwim) artist rate would be a good way of introducing people to new music ~at some point~

cory64

wdu7JhC.jpg

CRS

Mau ®;129504233 said:
I promoted our POPGAF tourney on Gaf-Hop and EDM-Gaf. Hopefully a few users send something *.*
I got my top 4/5. Need to moment for the rest. But just in case, there doesn't have to be 10, right?

Also, how much time do we have left?

Oh, and congrats on OT X. Didn't think y'all make it this far. :trollbron

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
*sigh* y'all fat-shaming Mariah again yawn

Lots of people/stars struggle with their weight, my new fave male Sam Smith included. Yet nobody would call him unattractive!

448222_1.jpg

Why does Mariah always get the brunt of the fat jokes?

Vazduh

Lots of people/stars struggle with their weight, my new fave male Sam Smith included. Yet nobody would call him unattractive!

Actually, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would call him unattractive. The most comments I see on message boards are related to the size of his head or his looks in general.

Personally, I think he's actually adorable, and judging by his old Twitter (which was deleted recently) he seems like a real fun guy to hang out with.
And idk, I like chubby guys, so I'd definitely hit that.
But he's not... conventionally attractive.

CRS

1. Sade
2. Jessie Ware
3. Mariah Carey
4. Selena
5. Shakira
6. Twigs

I would have given Britney for giving us one song
Cry Me A River
but that wasn't enough to justify a spot.

Bless y'all.

cory64

1. Sade
2. Jessie Ware
3. Mariah Carey
4. Selena
5. Shakira
6. Twigs

I would have given Britney for giving us one song
Cry Me A River
but that wasn't enough to justify a spot.

Bless y'all.
Justin Timberlake is worthless other than his work on Rated R and creating the beat for YONCÉ.

Britney Spears made Blackout. Love yourself.

IrishNinja

1) Mariah Carey - ya'll will respect your queen
2) Bjork
3) Sade
4) Teena Marie
5) Yonce
6) Shakira

tempted to put Timerlake somehow but its all good long as y'all dont fuck around and elect someone boring like rihhans or taylor or whoever

Vazduh

1) Mariah Carey - ya'll will respect your queen
2) Bjork
3) Sade
4) Teena Marie
5) Yonce
6) Shakira

tempted to put Timerlake somehow but its all good long as y'all dont fuck around and elect someone boring like rihhans or taylor or whoever

That's a nice list.

If it weren't for 20/20 crap from last year, I'm sure most of the popgaffers would have nominated Justine as well.

CRS

Keepin it 100, JT doesn't deserve shit. He has a couple good to great albums and some other stuff. That's about it.

He was better off not releasing any of the 20/20 albums.

Please make sure to PM me your nominees so that I can count them btw :p

Also, as of right now, our 18th entrant has been claimed. If it remains like this past the deadline, then no tie breaker is necessary.

Here's the last batch of tourney developments:

BIGGEST JUMPS
- MARIAH CAREY
- CHARLI XCX
- JESSIE WARE
- KYLIE MINOGUE

BIGGEST DROPS
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA
- KATY PERRY
- MADONNA
- ELLIE GOULDING

CONSISTENT
- LADY GAGA
- ROBYN
- BRITNEY SPEARS
- BEYONCE

BUBBLING UNDER
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA
- ANNIE
- SIA
- ADELE

T-Minus 5 hours until voting is closed for the nominations round, so please send me your submissions if you haven't already!

I mostly lurk this thread but thought I'd toss some names into the ring, though it'll probably be inconsequential.

1. Sara Bareilles
2. Sara Bareilles
3. Sara Bareilles
4. Sara Bareilles
5. Sara Bareilles
6. Kelly Clarkson
7. Ke$ha
8. Ariana Grande
9. Iggy Azalea
10. Kanye (x10)

Feel free to put Gwen Stefani somewhere in there.

Bladenic

*sigh* y'all fat-shaming Mariah again yawn

448222_1.jpg

Why does Mariah always get the brunt of the fat jokes?

Uh I'm definitely calling him unnatractive. Not cuz he's more filled out, he just ain't cute.

IrishNinja

wait, am i supposed to PM this to Soulscribe, or does my post count?

Keepin it 100, JT doesn't deserve shit. He has a couple good to great albums and some other stuff. That's about it.

He was better off not releasing any of the 20/20 albums.

JT did some great albums before that though, stop it five

Vitanimus

Losing - Becky Hill

tumblr_n87vdgVdU61sqrdh5o1_500.gif

Okay, list. Couple indie flops. Only one "mega star", cause I feel I don't listen to the rest as far as full albums despite thinking some of their singles are good tracks.

1) St. Vincent
2) Jessie Ware
3) Joanna Newsom
4) Bjork
5) Fionna Apple
5) La Roux
6) Charli XCX
7) Beyonce

In general I've warmed up to pop acts a lot in the past few years, especially compared to HS years. Top 2 are specifically favorite artists, made threads for both of them. Would have included Purity Ring but that's a duet.

Also, I will admit to lurking here for fun fairly frequently.
tumblr_n87vdgVdU61sqrdh5o1_500.gif

wait this flawless taste *.* the second (?) person to vote for St. Vincent ;_;

Fantomex

I thought the Katy vs Taylor battle was gonna incinerate this thread. I'm very very disappointed. Was it at least a spark in here?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I thought the Katy vs Taylor battle was gonna incinerate this thread. I'm very very disappointed. Was it at least a spark in here?

no one really cares about La Perra here enough to defend her.
The person that did is now perm'd
plus anyone that tries it would immediately be apprehended by the many Taylor stans here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom