• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The votes are in!! Thank you again SO much for participating, the turnout was fucking insane and I'm so so happy for it. The nominations round was a fierce one, and now I can determine the 18 final entrants who will be competing for your votes once again!

W-wait. Did I say 18? I meant 17. Sorry. I can totally announce 17 out of our 18 finalists. Why can't I announce the 18th?

Because we have a three-way tie. Please send help.

izqrIFDPQSgrp.png

It's Katy Perry vs Annie vs Janet Jackson RIGHT NOW.

SAVE A BITCH!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Guess I'll vote for Katy since I dont know what an Annie is and that other thing is a steaming pile of trash that ruined television/movie ratings

Vitanimus

Disco dancing with the lights down low
Beats are pumping on the stereo
Neighbours banging on the bathroom wall
Your sayin' crank the bass
I gotta get some more

Waters runnin' in the wrong direction
Got a feelin' it's a mixed up sign
I can see it in my own reflection
Summit funnies goin' on inside my mind
Don't know what it's pushin' me higher
It's the static from the floor below
Then its drops and catches like a fire
It's a sound I, it's a sound I know

It's the sound of the underground
The beat of the drum goes round and round
In to the overflow
Where the girls get down to the sound of the radio
Out to the electric night
Where the bass line jumps in the backstreet lights
The beat goes around and round
It's the sound of the under
Sound of the underground

ibotUVR4rreQSd.gif

Mau ®;129581474 said:
Annie is good and all but she doesn't have a song as good as "Teenage Dream" so..

ihZfQSWf4osa0.gif

This is true.

Annie has many songs better than Teenage Dream.

ihZfQSWf4osa0.gif

PS. I demand a rundown on the voting for this tiebreaker so we can all point and laugh at the people with no taste

ihZfQSWf4osa0.gif

She has a very tough face. And strong head shape. That hair style isn't flattering either but hey lol.

Her voice kind of sucks too for that whole combination but she has legit bops so I guess that's cancels everything out.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
She has a very tough face. And strong head shape. That hair style isn't flattering either but hey lol.

Her voice kind of sucks too for that whole combination but she has legit bops so I guess that's cancels everything out.

a bit harsh but if that's how you feel about Katy

3phemeral

Yaaaaaaaas, after seeing her live I'm gonna start stanning tbh. The new queen of pop after FIRO.

iyidQyY5zzb93.gif

Lmao, I've missed your gifs :*

<3 I've wanted to make more but I've been busy. :(

The votes are in!! Thank you again SO much for participating, the turnout was fucking insane and I'm so so happy for it. The nominations round was a fierce one, and now I can determine the 18 final entrants who will be competing for your votes once again!

W-wait. Did I say 18? I meant 17. Sorry. I can totally announce 17 out of our 18 finalists. Why can't I announce the 18th?

Because we have a three-way tie. Please send help.

izqrIFDPQSgrp.png

It's Katy Perry vs Annie vs Janet Jackson RIGHT NOW.

SAVE A BITCH!

Janet.

BTW, Leona sends her love.

rqHdrsX.gif

cory64

Annie doesn't write for the charts, and actually makes protest songs instead of generic inclusive anthems. Puts Gaga to shame.

ihZfQSWf4osa0.gif

Voting is now closed! And it was a close one!

Without further ado, listed in order from highest to lowest number of votes, I present our 18 queens:

ibfBmzTcfaQYNC.png

Congratulations to KATY PERRY for squeaking by into the final troupe with your tie-breaker votes! ANNIE came in at a very close second, and kept the tie scenario going for as long as she could. Unfortunately Icicle wasn’t here to his icon JANET JACKSON, who came in a distant third. Sad face. Now that we have our contenders, and we’re ready to fucking PLAY, here’s how we play the game.

This is a double elimination tournament, meaning two boards will be at play here. In a POPGAF scenario (and using four of our most iconic users as an example), let’s say this is our board:

iw0kz7oemhNAX.jpg

And let’s say this is how our first round plays out (with all the love in the world for all four of you!):

ibtalSxpH64fkB.jpg

Once the winners move forward, our losing entrants then face off in the Losers Bracket (even though you're anything but!):

ibrLOHmdM8l15v.jpg

The Losers Bracket becomes the second battlefield for those who lost out of the Winners Bracket. It’s a second shot at winning the title, though of course the odds are stacked against you. If you win the Losers Bracket, your final challenge is facing off against the victor in the Winners Bracket, and a final champion is determined.

Pretty easy to follow right? The first thing we’ll do is go through the preliminary rounds on the Winners Bracket, then switch off to the Losers side to keep that going. The key here is to ALWAYS SUPPORT YOUR FAVES. If your fave loses out in the Winners side, that doesn’t mean she can’t still win the whole thing! Keep your fave in the game, keep the lessors in check, and your fave may get crowed POPGAF’s MVF (Most Valued Fave).

I’ve decided to make each voting round last 48 hours. If I find that this is too long or too short a period, I’ll adjust accordingly. You just PM your vote to me just like you did with your nominees, and with a 1v1 scenario we can have the opportunity to share music, talk about their albums, throw shade, and whatever else in between. :)

Check back in a few moments to see who our first two combatants will be! Is your fave up first??

8/10 made it. The impact of strategy. Poor Katy B and Annie :(

But judging by the La Perra victory and some of the faces on that board, some of you need to think about your lives and possibly (definitely) up your medication.
iG9TYaMFPxtaa.gif

royalan

Screw all of you who refuse to acknowledge Christina's greatness.

I will pray for all of you who voted for Beyelzébub. Your immortal souls are in peril.

Mau ®

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I happen to know FIRO was not even CLOSE to making it. Meanwhile the Rhat is Top 3. OopT.

Lesson learned: FIRO will never. Bye.

Nemesis_

Mau ®;129585728 said:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I happen to know FIRO was not even CLOSE to making it. Meanwhile the Rhat is Top 3. OopT.

Lesson learned: FIRO will never. Bye.

Maybe if you didn't purposefully manipulate the sample by including other communities. Filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom