• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
hmm, yes, I'd forgotten about that asshat being involved on a track. Abel is a blight on the industry, and the sooner his career implodes, the better.

also, is it any wonder that Switch worked on so much of the album? That's the producer all the gerls should be chasing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bad Girls and Y.A.L.A. are such body slamming bops.

Poor the rest of Matangi.

iq41fetR52ZH6.png

Matangi is great. Bring the Noize >>>>>

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
come to think of it, I listen to Matangi more than any other pop(ish) album since Body Talk thanks to people at work. We were bumping it at least twice daily for the first couple of weeks, and a few times a week ever since. Errbody goes nuts for it.

M.I.A., ha power of uniting people clearly inherited from daddy

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I agree JLaw slayed I'm a huge fan of her, she's by far the best part of the movie :) (besides the orange cat of course :3) But honestly, it felt like many scenes dragged on simply to pad the movie. Like it feels as if they took what could have been a great 2.5 or 3 hour movie, chopped it in half, then needlessly extended scenes so they could squeeze two movies out of this (many scenes just dragged on for no reason, I was bored beyond belief at points). I don't want to be too specific to spoil those who haven't seen it. I did still like it somewhat, and there were several great scenes, one near the end that surprised me and made me jump as I've never read the books (you prob know which one).
I'm not shocked by your opinion nor do I necessarily disagree. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same way. I did seem to enjoy it quite a bit more than you though. I definitely disagree with the padding comment though. The only scene that I felt was there to strictly pad the movie was the relatively short
fighting lumberjack
scene. I don't remember that from the book, and it was a nice "win" to watch...aside from that corny comment at the end of it and the sloppy, abrupt transition into the next scene. I thought Julianne Moore did a good job, it was wonderful if not slightly depressing to see Phil Hoffman on screen, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Patina Miller pop up as Commander Paylor. I had forgotten she was going to be in this. (incredibly light future movie spoiler:
I'm glad she'll get to reprise that role briefly in Part 2.
)

I got the movie that I expected (a movie that I just "liked," not "loved" like Catching Fire) having read the book. And I eagerly await Part 2 because it is going to be NUTS.

I will also concede this: the movie made me appreciate Lorde's Flicker song a bit more.

it's hilarious how people pick up on when you listen to mainly female vocalists and say "where are the men" but it never happens vice versa

Lady Gaga is over, I went to several gay joints on Thursday but not a song of Stefani G's was played. Meanwhile I heard at least Hung Up, Into the Groove and Like a Virgin, and there were probably some more but I can't remember, Madonna is everlasting

Also Calvin Harris's album is largely reductive but the Haim track is beautiful fire. Their style really elevates it and it totally works. Gwen and Tinashe tracks are good too

#BuyBeyoncePlatinumEditionMoreEPoniTunes

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So Im back after a week long struggle with my harddrive crapping out on me
why must apple make it so difficult to restore an itunes library from your iphone. Having to actually pay for software just to get my own files off my own device. Sounds awfully similar to a certain virus that was going around recently

As for beyonce's re-release they are both vastly below the standard of the album theyve been tacked on to, but alas i'm bopping to 7/11 even though it feels like its about ten minutes long

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Oh and I watched a delightful documentary about Kate Bush last night, it's available on youtube and iplayer for those that are interested in her, it's only an hour long

It led me to discovering the absolutely wonderful This Woman's Work which is so beautiful and sublime I actually had a little cry to it last night

Vazduh

I got the movie that I expected (a movie that I just "liked," not "loved" like Catching Fire)

Just came back from the theater and this is how I felt about the movie, more or less. Really drawn out at times, but everybody knows it wasn't done for the story's sake. It's all about the mon-ay. I also have to say I don't understand what was so amazing about J. Law's performance. She was good, yes, but she didn't slay anything
(for example, that sobbing scene where she's afraid of losing both Gale and Peeta was far from convincing)
. And that wig was distracting at times, tbh (you could see the edges in the scene with Katniss and her sister lying together in the same bed, lol).

Is FIRO being ironic with these fashion choices?

With outfits like these...

She has to be.

Effnine

It's official ... just thought PopGaf should know ...

Katy Perry to perform at Super Bowl halftime show

NEW YORK (AP) — Will Katy Perry be a firework at the Super Bowl? Will she show them what she's worth? Will she let her colors burst?
NFL announced late Sunday — after rumors swirled for weeks — that the pop star will headline the Pepsi Super Bowl halftime show on Feb. 1 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona. It will air on NBC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Her voice is so weird live. It's like a weird mix between Gwen Stefani and Bjork.

Wasnt bad, though. But lord am I over this song. A girl at work plays it at least twice a day.

EDIT: Wait, ew, whatever that second song was killed the entire vibe. Garbage.

Did you by mistake muted the performance mid song and played Not Myself Tonight?

Matt_

Iggy Azalea ft Ellie Goulding - Heavy Crown

Ellie become the feauture artist of this generation

edit; PITBULL WAS THE HOST FOR THE AMAS WHAT ON EARTH ARE THEY THINKING

edit2; BUT WAIT 5sos doing that flawless song from Freaky Friday, slay a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom