• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Selena gomez slayed
her album slayed
i might stan

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Her greatest hits album or Stars Dance?

stars dance
she hasnt been round long enough to have a greatest hits album, shame on her

Who told Mary J and Sam Smith it would be a good idea to write a song about therapy? :biblio

Jessie J was impressive yesterday at the AMA's. Great presence, great singing, all while having fun. Ariana was less awkward than normal (perhaps the spontaneity of Jessie wore off a little on her) and the girl can sing as well. Then Nicki come on and the song ended.

Jessie J still has a pretty annoying voice, but she's good at what she does.

Matt_

I think the wardrobe malfunction at the VMAs actually helped Nicki because really after her rap finishes she has nothing to do and just kinda walks around the place

Vazduh

J. Lo's performance was damn good, as usual.

BpxZdYu.gif

Too bad it was wasted on such a bad song.

royalan

Yeah, a shame it was a performance for that awful song, because ONCE AGAIN JLo showed these little girls how to PERFORM. YAAAAASSSS!!!

The beginning of JLO's performance was an obvious hint to Madonna's Vogue, right? Same tone, same finger snapping. Just slightly altered.

Also, of all the performances I've watched so far, Swift was definitely the worst. She was so much off key and clashing with the background track. Yikes.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

LADY GAGA AND MADONNA ARE TIED. THIS WILL NOT DO. SEND ONE OF THESE BITCHES TO THE TOP!

ivVKOFqkDTvv6.png

And while you're at it, support your fellow popgaffers and take a gander at the playlists they made for your enjoyment:

HOW TO VOTE: CLICK HERE and enter in the name of your choice in the subject field. Soooo easy.

Remember, votes could mean prizes! Each vote counts toward the lotto pool drawing at the end of the game!

Madonna was leading until this morning. Can she secure a victory? Let a bitch know.

tumblr_mmghkwgDpu1spb0deo1_500.gif

Mau ®

Pop Justice has written an article basically hinting a new Rihanna single is "imminent" this week.

This morning we have taken the step of shifting the Rihanna Single Threat Level to Critical status.
Please remain calm and read the following words.

An explanation of the Rihanna Single Threat Level system

As you well know, nosiness experts MI5 have in place a system of threat levels based on potential problems vis-a-vis the whole national security thing.

It’s split into five stages. We’ve basically copied those off the MI5 website and changed ‘an attack’ to ‘a Rihanna single’.

Low: A Rihanna single is unlikely
Moderate: A Rihanna single is possible, but not likely
Substantial: A Rihanna single is a strong possibility
Severe: A Rihanna single is highly likely
Critical: A Rihanna single is expected imminently

When we moved into Q4 almost two months ago, the Rihanna Single Threat Level (RSTL) moved from Substantial to Severe. As the days and weeks have ticked by, that threat has intensified.

As you can see, by moving the Rihanna Single threat level to Critical, we are acknowledging that a new Rihanna single could appear at any minute – and for this reason we suggest all readers remain on high alert. Actually is ‘high alert’ a different classification system to the threat level one? And where do RED ALERT and DEFCON 1 fit in? You get the idea, anyway

Rhat8 really is dropping on Black Friday, isn't it?

Mau ®

The visuals on that Selena performance were pretty good IMO. And the song is a bit of a bop.

And Stars Dance IS one of the best pop albums of last year. If not the best.
Not like it was hard tho.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;140233354 said:
The visuals on that Selena performance were pretty good IMO. And the song is a bit of a bop.

Trouble shits on it and so does Night Time, My Time.

EDIT: True Romance was the official AOTY

Vitanimus

Mau ®;140233354 said:

now child you now that is a lie. true romance destroyed the competition

tumblr_nexzyaqr9L1seznd4o1_250.gif

IrishNinja

damn i was gonna ask if gaga was still a thing round here but some of ya'll are still talkin bout J lo so i guess anything can happen

damn i was gonna ask if gaga was still a thing round here but some of ya'll are still talkin bout J lo so i guess anything can happen

Well to be fair Gaga is a thing regardless of whether she has music out or not. She's probably one of the most consistently talked about people in here, aside from King Bey or Taylor

J Lo meanwhile is never a thing

TOURNEY UPDATE: Madonna leads by 4.

Top 3 Madonna songs to listen to while Fleeting:

1) Take A Bow
2) Open Your Heart
3) Papa Don't Preach

Bonus: Gang Bang, Push

Top 3 Lady Gaga songs to listen to while Fleeting:

1) Scheisse
2) The Queen
3) Brown Eye(s)

Bonus: No Floods, I Like It Rough

Aguila

#ICONIC
The ARTPOP era is finally over.

But we still have to wait for the C2C era to end for Gags to make an attempt at a comeback >_>

SaintZ

Mother XCX on Sucker
So I'm excited it is a power girl record, I feel like the vibe was [...]kinda like I felt when I listened to Avril Lavigne or something, I don't know... it's something, not like Avril Lavigne but that kind of moment, her first record changed my life a bit so maybe, hopefully this will do the same for other girls...
I'm glad I started stanning for ha.

iy3klnvubdx37emkmm.gif

SaintZ

1124-bette-midler-ariana-grande-2.jpg

Bette Midler: Ariana, You Don't Have To Be a Whore
Bette Midler just took direct aim and fired at Ariana Grande, telling her she acts like a whore for nothing.

Midler did an interview with The Telegraph, grousing about the state of the music biz. She's particularly disgusted with Grande, saying, "It's always surprising to see someone like Ariana Grande with that silly high voice, a very wholesome voice, slithering around on a couch."

Midler goes on, "... Looking so ridiculous. I mean it's silly beyond belief and I don't know who's telling her to do it."

And then the punch. In giving advice to aspiring singers, Midler says, "Trust your talent. You don't have to make a whore out of yourself to get ahead."

It's interesting. In the 70s Midler was considered to have one of the raunchiest acts around.
help

royalan

But is it slut-shaming though? I don't think Bette is saying that you can't be sexual. Hell, she started her career singing in a burlesque lounge.

I think her point is that you don't have to ALWAYS BE in sex-kitten mode to the point that it distracts from your talent. She's telling Ariana to trust more in her talent...which, I think I agree with.

I mean, for all the flack Christina got in her younger years, even she toned it down on occasion. Its especially awkward because the heightened sex-vixen act came very naturally to Christina. You knew she was exercising her own power during the Stripped era. She was wearing assless chaps and, goddamnit, she was owning it and you just had to deal. With Ariana, there is definitely a put-on feeling to it. She doesn't even LOOK comfortable half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom