• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the third one on the bottom row?

I know mumbling ass Grime. The one on top of her tho...
ieofpuFLsJdHJ.gif

To be honest I've only heard a handful of Grimes songs but I feel sort of neutral about them. Maybe if I was using headphones though..

I sorta wanna give Mariah a vote because she's Mariah, but I don't really enjoy her music. Maybe I'll listen to more Grimes before deciding.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
pitchfork recently named 'Oblivion' the best song of the past decade

has MIAMTEC been recognized anywhere besides the recycling bin? even Grimes her GarageBand effort had more impact than it

'hew? i am mooriah...the irrelevant whale' was so boring. after popgaf hyped it as her best since turdbracelet or whatever i was almost convinced it might be okay. but it wasn't.

royalan

pitchfork recently named 'Oblivion' the best song of the past decade

has MIAMTEC been recognized anywhere besides the recycling bin? even Grimes her GarageBand effort had more impact than it

GRIMES and IMPACT.

LAUGHABLE.

NOBODY gives a fuck about Grimes.

Even at her "height" nobody gave a fuck about Grimes.

And you won't find her "impact" reflected on any surface of the music industry.

She put out a song that was cute to listen to while high, and talked a lot of shit about established music acts in attempt to mask the fact that even she knew her career wasn't shit and nobody would know who the dick she was in 5 minutes time, nor would anybody caste to learn. That's it.

She's a SOUNDCLOUD HOE, sis. Deal.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
and talked a lot of shit about established music acts

she did? i'm almost certain that this is a case of deluionalan striking hard and fast in the world of making shit up.

i turn to the only important metric in the world:

DKN4qzv.png

4Pw4xpP.png

Styles

We ain't making mobile lurkers' life any easier by spamming multiple gifs in one post. /rip

My phone dies trying to load a Popgaf page every single freakin time, and it has 2 gigs of ram.

royalan

she did? i'm almost certain that this is a case of deluionalan striking hard and fast in the world of making shit up.

i turn to the only important metric in the world:

DKN4qzv.png

4Pw4xpP.png

Sis, not even you can justify metaflopic here.

Grimes has ONE album, and several of Mariah's albums predate metacritic.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Stefan™;129594500 said:
We ain't making mobile lurkers' life any easier by spamming multiple gifs in one post. /rip

My phone dies trying to load a Popgaf page every single freakin time, and it has 2 gigs of ram.

why do you have gifs enabled on mobile Gaf?

ieofpuFLsJdHJ.gif

cory64

Any educated pop historian can assess Madonna's overall career and current output separately without slighting her achievements. Grimes was just telling the Godberts honest truth.

royalan

It's still shit talking from a nobody. Point blank. Period.

Grimes ain't shit.

She never was shit.

She ain't ever gonna be shit.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
why is shit talking a negative for Grimes when she is facing Mariah who cant help herself and shade every name that comes up in an interview?

ieofpuFLsJdHJ.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's still shit talking, sis.

so you're saying that if grimes went in an interview and called beyoncé the great satan you'd look down on her for shit-talking?

for one thing you're yet to provide evidence of the thing actually occurring. for two even if it it did, she was spilling tea.

why don't you mock her speech impediment more, i think you were onto a winner with that one.

royalan

so you're saying that if grimes went in an interview and called beyoncé the great satan you'd look down on her for shit-talking?

for one thing you're yet to provide evidence of the thing actually occurring. for two even if it it did, she was spilling tea.

why don't you mock her speech impediment more, i think you were onto a winner with that one.

Whatever, she talks fine in interviews.

And you're going to have to wait for the proof until Monday as I'm stuck browsing via my phone until then.

And kiii that I know more about an artist YOU claim to love so much.

Partition

Banned
to "be somebody" these days you have to completely sell out like Ariana Grande did and be a basic. so of couse Grimes will never "be somebody" because she is too busy making much better music

what a dumb argument

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Whatever, she talks fine in interviews.

she has a lisp. you'd know that if you'd ever seen an interview with her.

and again, she said that madonna's bad new albums are bad. is this really your best argument?

we haven't even started on the fact that grimes is an [ ethereal † fashion † beauty ]

Grimes.png

where mariah is a [ photoshopped † fake † bog mummy ]

me-i-am-mariah-deluxe-edition-that-grape-juice.jpg

royalan

to "be somebody" these days you have to completely sell out like Ariana Grande did and be a basic. so of couse Grimes will never "be somebody" because she is too busy making much better music

what a dumb argument

..didn't she just work with Diplo tho and put out a song featuring a dancebreak chorus in fucking 2014?

Isn't she trying to get Charlie XCX on a song?

Lol

honestly, almsot every song on red (which i’ve heard is a reference to joni mitchell’s ‘blue’ which is pretty badass) is really truly amazing. trouble, state of grace, all too well, i almost do, red, 22, holy ground, sad beautiful tragic… like these are all CLASSIC songs. really amazing songs and if i could ever write a song as good as T swift does i would be pretty fucking proud of myself. i dunno it seems like everyone goes out of their way to discredit young women or make their accomplishments seem less important (including other young women), i don’t think we should participate in that.

Grimes her peak

royalan

she has a lisp. you'd know that if you'd ever seen an interview with her.

and again, she said that madonna's bad new albums are bad. is this really your best argument?

we haven't even started on the fact that grimes is an [ ethereal † fashion † beauty ]

Grimes.png

where mariah is a [ photoshopped † fake † bog mummy ]

me-i-am-mariah-deluxe-edition-that-grape-juice.jpg

Kiii at you trying to come for me over Grimes' lisp while displaying your disgusting ageism for Mariah.

You guys are tripping over yourselves.

royalan

Also, are we just going to pretend that Grimes DOESN'T look like fucking Bride of Gollum underneath all those layers of photoshop?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kiii at you trying to come for me over Grimes' lisp while displaying your disgusting ageism for Mariah.

You guys are tripping over yourselves.

ageism? i'm commenting on the fact that she's so photoshopped she looks waxy and lifeless like a bog mummy

in fact i'm not even sure there's a photo there. is it just an airbrush painting?

Partition

Banned
..didn't she just work with Diplo tho and put out a song featuring a dancebreak chorus in fucking 2014?

Isn't she trying to get Charlie XCX on a song?

Lol

what are you even talking about

she has never worked with Diplo, Go was produced by her friend Blood Diamonds
nor will Go be on her album, nor will it be what her album will sound like, nor did she produce it (she produces all her own music), and it wasn't even written for her (was for rihanna)

Also, are we just going to pretend that Grimes DOESN'T look like fucking Bride of Gollum underneath all those layers of photoshop?

are we really talking about photoshop now?...

royalan

what are you even talking about

she has never worked with Diplo, Go was produced by her friend Blood Diamonds
nor will Go be on her album, nor will it be what her album will sound like, nor did she produce it (she produces all her own music), and it wasn't even written for her (was for rihanna)

are we really talking about photoshop now?...

So she recorded, released, and made a video for a song intended for Rihanna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom