• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibfBmzTcfaQYNC.png

I only don't know one of these people. I've come so far.

iamamiwhoami full Dazed Digital magazine spread/interview for all you new fans in popgaf~

Such an ethereal queen.

The part where she says "the lyrics are so clear" is kinda funny though, I still have trouble understanding her and I've been listening to her for years.

Vitanimus

Fun fact: my top 3 faves that made it have the highest average album score on metacritic not counting those who've only released 1 album.

iKzflG269dk4z.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
UGH @ Katy making it over Annie. But I can't even be mad....
Magnify.gif

YAASSSSS!!! 3 of my top 4 of all-time made it (Madonna, Gaga, Kylie, too bad about Sade though).

HAHAHA Soulscribe you mischievious scamp XD with all this doom-and-gloom talk of Madge having huge drops and all these hateful comments about her by others, I was legit worried she wouldn't even make it to the top 18 and THERE SHE IS in the top row <3

tumblr_lz1mu6Rktb1qjvyspo1_500.gif

All of you voting for Gaga even though y'all bash her every day.

irgFxSwpIGNZs.gif

I've never bashed her, just her horrid flop handling of this entire era. Still love her and like ARTPOP the album though <3
Unlike some, I'm consistent with my faves

Ready?

On one end, the Elusive Chanteuse readies her 5-octave blade. On the other, the enigmatic synth-pop queen stands ready for battle. It's a classic David and Goliath..

ibrYyYUDJFkOfD.png

What say you, POPGAF?

In all fairness, I think people are more likely to hate members of the top row or use them as filler to round out their lists

The fact that they were nominated the most isn't symptomatic of them being the favourite and the bestest of each individual voter, if that makes sense? &#127866;&#127867;&#127864;&#127865;&#127863;

Vitanimus

well one of them doesn't need about 3 people to lift her out of bed and into a studio for a few minutes before a brisk walk to the fridge

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i hand on heart cannot even name a single hewriah song except all i want for christmas is you

it's just a mystery to me that she is so successful

royalan

i hand on heart cannot even name a single hewriah song except all i want for christmas is you

And I for the life of me cannot remember a single line of Grimes mush-mouth lyrics.

Wake me up when she sells out completely and starts working with Dr. Luke and Charlie XXL.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

oh c'mon, she was absolutely huge even up here in isolated Canada back in the early 90's to mid 2000's. She's one of the better singers the music industry has seen and has a lot of memorable songs, I still use even her debut single Sweet Fantasy

I got into MIAMTEC late but that's one of the better albums to come out this past year (though it's not like there was much competition)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

cory64

I first heard Grimes through her smash tumblr single VANESSA in early 2011. My life hasn't been the same since.

royalan

Guys, Grimes' 15 minutes ended early 2013. It's not even cool to name-drop Grimes anymore. And Go is stuck in 2013 along with the last of her relevance and the dancebreak chorus.

Grimes fucking sucks now. Let ha Go.

That is the tea. You know it to be hot.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Guys, Grimes' 15 minutes ended early 2013. It's not even cool to name-drop Grimes anymore. And Go is stuck in 2013 along with the last of her relevance and the dancebreak chorus.

if grimes is stuck in 2013, when and where is mariah stuck?

in the doorframe on the way into the year 2000?

get them

If Grimes wins this it will be a disgrace.

Partition

Banned
pitchfork recently named 'Oblivion' the best song of the past decade

has MIAMTEC been recognized anywhere besides the recycling bin? even Grimes her GarageBand effort had more impact than it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom