• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latch

A white person making hip hop doesn't make them a "culture vulture"

No, but a White woman from Australia who decides to adopt a persona when she raps and performs to seem more "hood" and authentic but then flips back into her Australian accent when she's doing anything else is bordering minstrel show caricature and people are right o be offended by it.

Which isn't to say that it's wrong to have an ~alter ego when you perform or that other musical acts don't embody characters for the sake of their art. It's just that this specifically is a different territory.

Especially considering the pile of evidence we have on her using racist language in the past.

Latch

tumblr_mmgic2u6221qapvgko1_500.jpg

iTyNhRG12hq3K.gif

Vazduh

Iggy, what the hell?!

z38mE0b.gif

I want this so much. Just imagine her collaborating with Perfume, Utada Hikaru or Namie Amuro.

mCcwHqZ.gif

Or even better: she should make a double CD: one for J-pop and the other for K-pop inspired songs.

Speaking of K-pop, I forgot to mention f(x)'s Red Light as one of my favorite albums of 2014. Nothing deep, just solid and catchy pop from start to finish.

Latch

tired of royalan and his "new Black"

Here he is licking the dingle berries from between Igloo's silicon injected cheeks but just an OT or two ago he was talking about how Beyonce was being appropriative with Bow Down/I Been On

i2Thy8GEyGMKe.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS. Hopefully it's dripping with Nakata influences. She should collab with Nakata tbh.

Charli says her third album will be heavily inspired by Japanese pop music and will sound like both “another planet up in the clouds” and “intensely weird and childlike.”
Is this a hint of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu influence?

Speaking of K-pop, I forgot to mention f(x)'s Red Light as one of my favorite albums of 2014. Nothing deep, just solid and catchy pop from start to finish.

Imagine Charli doing her own Rum Pum Pum Pum or Red Light.
ed2305b7.png

Here he is licking the dingle berries from between Igloo's silicon injected cheeks but just an OT or two ago he was talking about how Beyonce was being appropriative with Bow Down/I Been On

i2Thy8GEyGMKe.gif

Nawt dingle berries
ed2305b7.png

Vitanimus

i2Thy8GEyGMKe.gif

oop

i2Thy8GEyGMKe.gif

I'm here for a Kpop inspired album from charli.

not the gays giving the racist a free pass but now azealia is going to be stoned for using the f word
tumblr_ng1t6jXwjJ1sw6dc9o1_1280.png
I'm not giving her a free pass tbh it irks me too
Like even if rap isn't black culture or whatever she still has a responsibility to say something on those issues as someone working in that space

Latch

My dream collabs for eBey:

James Blake
Dev Hynes
Kanye West & Mike Dean
Jamie XX
Rick Rubin
Emile Haynie
Kid Harpoon

iOXmlW02LTTP4.gif

Vazduh

Once again Twitter showing someone's true colors.

At this point, both Azealia and Craprez should be permabanned from social media.

mMDc2kd.gif

i2Thy8GEyGMKe.gif

even if it is fake
she still a racist, bowling ball pin shaped bitch
and an insult to Black Americans and the Hip-Hop genre

Oh, I like you. Gather them.

Vazra

I'd be too scared to tbh
Have you ever?

I went alone to Evanescence and I made conversation with a few guys and gals. I had a good time and made some new connections there. I also went to Iron Maiden alone so I guess you can say Im okay with going alone to concerts.

Vazra

I suppose

I just don't wanna spend a bunch of money to go alone to see Lana singing in the key of Donatella Versace and interact with faux hipsters

Well there might be more people like you in there and you are just thinking of the stereotypes of the Lana tumblr stans.

I literally spit out my juice. Who is defending this ignorance? Wtf?!

Bookmarked evidence to never fuck with Iggy.

Banks is a mess too. She was just not long ago going blow for blow against Charlemagne and now with pigrez. What is up sis. She needs to cut the shit sometimes. I don't even get of she's trying to be funny, trolling, or dead serious.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YIKES, Madonna is PISSED
emoticon_shocked.gif

from FB:

"This broken ipod is a symbol of my broken heart! That my music has been stolen and leaked! I have been violated as a human and an artist!
#fuckedupshit"-Madonna

MywcEh7.jpg

Also

Sad to see Azealia turned out to be as big of a piece of trash as Iggy. I've already dropped Iggy's racist ass off my playlist, now I gotta do the same to Banks' bigoted homophobic ass, and JUST as I was becoming a fan of her as I quite liked BWET. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom