• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

tumblr_nfryy4mVCe1u3kiu0o2_1280.png

the born to die cover is probably my favorite cover in recent memory. the sunny blue skies, the stare, the red lips, the lace top just covering her red bra... so gewd

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Anyone looking for a problem-free fave immune to dragging needs to look no further than the effortless and classy Sade. She's drag-immune, I've never heard a bad word about her <3
not even Latch 2.0 could find something lol
Sade.jpg

artRave was livestreamed via Yahoo in 720p so there's that :)

Ah thanks Teej! (tghm) <3
At least I'll be able to watch it in some form then! :)

Well, I mean "adolescent" is in her name! (Adolescente)

crying.gif

that HAS to be a stage name

Edit: Mess, it's Becky G

the born to die cover is probably my favorite cover in recent memory. the sunny blue skies, the stare, the red lips, the lace top just covering her red bra... so gewd
Yaaas. Paradise's cover wasn't as good and Ultraviolence is pretty meh.
She needs to put Big Eyes up for purchase tbh, so good

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Apart from the weird hairline at the back, this outfit is a slay tbh

YIKES

I actually think she looks like a hot ass mess right there from the maternity pantsuit to the awful bangs (I don't like bangs on Gaga)

Of her recent looks I'd says this is a stone cold slay (that wig, the legs, wow):

royalan

tired of royalan and his "new Black"

Here he is licking the dingle berries from between Igloo's silicon injected cheeks but just an OT or two ago he was talking about how Beyonce was being appropriative with Bow Down/I Been On

i2Thy8GEyGMKe.gif
Wait

I'm sorry

Who are you?

Aguila

#ICONIC

!! It's my fave for those reasons too. The colors complement each other so well.

Going through my iTunes, I would say these are my other fave covers.

Rihanna_-_Loud.png
Taylor_Swift_-_Red.png

LanaBlueJeans.png
Kylie_Minogue_Fever_album_cover.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Whats the airing date for this years victoria secret?
Also who performed other than Ariana?

Why, did..... Mariah embarrass herself on live television?

She is terrible now. I miss 90's Mariah. I hate 2014 Mariah.

The fact that Lady Gaga, stole it from her.... With that smooth jazz... This reality is not real.

Leave them on the floor
Wrap them in an old black sheet
I'm gonna set it all ablaze
Watch it burn to ash and dust

Looking for a sign
Karma's coming back for us
I was waiting on you
Waiting on you
The leap, leap, leap
Don't look, don't look down
The leap, leap, leap
For you, for me

Tinashe her The Leap is punching me out the game.

xxczx

Mau ®;141690910 said:
Is Charli is the best pop star to surface since Lady Gaga?
so proud of her. from being friends on myspace to where she is now it's incredible.

also fav cover:
Betty_Who_Worlds_Apart_EP_i_Tunes.jpg

“If I wanted to make loads of f-cking money, I’d make the whole album with [Rihanna producers] Stargate and learn how to dance properly, and I’d kill it. It would be f-cking easy for me,” she says. “But that’s boring.”
yaassss

Touchdown

Banned
Billboard reveals which are the richest artists in the music industry in the world, check out the top 10. Did your fave make it?

1. Madonna - $ 800 million

2. Paul McCartney - $ 660 million

3. Dr. Dre - $ 650 million

4. Diddy - 640 million dollars

5. Celine Dion - $ 630 million

6. Bono - 590 million dollars

7. Mariah Carey - $ 520 million

8. Jay Z - 510 million dollars

9. Elton John - $ 450 million

10. Beyoncé - $ 440 million

ibt4axneP3GkZB.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Why, did..... Mariah embarrass herself on live television?

She is terrible now. I miss 90's Mariah. I hate 2014 Mariah.

aya girl, the drop off is real, right? My only exposure to Mariah in the past decade was MIAMTEC which was likely autotuned to hell and back anyways. Was her decline gradual or just a sharp drop off? yikes, I used to love her in the 90s. I read she blamed the whole messy performance on her being late cuz of a custody hearing with Nick.

And no shade, but she was wrapped tighter than a burrito wearing how many layers of Spanx? Maybe it had an effect on her voice or breath control?

also fav cover:
Betty_Who_Worlds_Apart_EP_i_Tunes.jpg

Hi! Thank you for posting this, I've never heard of Betty Who before your post and she kind of slays! I've only checked out the one song so far though, is she a newcomer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxtHslq9S0

enigmatic_alex44

Mau ®;141667549 said:
New Coldplay album "A Head Full of Dreams" is coming. Stay perched for the AOTY 2015.

I actually wish Chris Martin would collab with Rih again. Such an unlikely pairing but they work so well like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup

Still my favorite Rihanna
song *.*

Captcha

LOL - bitch please.

The only good thing that could possibly come from this is Rihanna getting provoked to drag the shit out of her.

RIght? I don't get people who try and come for Rih at that angle, like ANY old tired ho off the street can make Only Girl in the World or What's My Name.

I didn't read that as shade :v She just said that if she wanted to she could sell out and make big hits with her chorus magic

Didn't Taylor just try that? Look at the mess that got us. At least Style is pretty good.

aya girl, the drop off is real, right? My only exposure to Mariah in the past decade was MIAMTEC which was likely autotuned to hell and back anyways. Was her decline gradual or just a sharp drop off? yikes, I used to love her in the 90s. I read she blamed the whole messy performance on her being late cuz of a custody hearing with Nick.

And no shade, but she was wrapped tighter than a burrito wearing how many layers of Spanx? Maybe it had an effect on her voice or breath control?

The decline is tragic. Imo is gradual and she comes back here and there, but never on the same level of the 90's. I don't think Nick had anything to do with her voice not being prep. If anything, leaving him should of made her more determined to show his ass what he is missing.....But instead, she is showing exactly why he left. She's washing up, her contouring is hideous and she's boring now. I'm down with her trying to keep up her sex appeal but it's just not the same. If she's going to be weighty, attack the weight by not going tighter but luxurious. Don't squeeze the curves, accentuate them. Mariah is done.

My favorite album covers of the year is definitely

77756b16.jpg

18_sbtrkt.jpg

RIght? I don't get people who try and come for Rih at that angle, like ANY old tired ho off the street can make Only Girl in the World or What's My Name.

Didn't Taylor just try that? Look at the mess that got us. At least Style is pretty good.
1989 sold a shit ton and she managed to get new fans while keeping her old ones, Blank Space as a single was a success and so was Shake It Off, and 1989 is a solid album filled with really good songs. Taylor can't dance tho

enigmatic_alex44

Haha between your avi, OT topic and stanning, I'd say you're pretty much the go-to Charli XCX stan tbh

Let me ask, how old is she anyways? Like I realized I legit don't know..... is she at least older than Ariana or is this a Lorde teen situation where she is younger than she looks....

Oh and agreed with her possibly being the best (mainstream) thing since Gaga, unless of course Sucker turns out to be an overall dud (I hated Break the Rules but love Boom Clap and Gold Coins)

If anything, leaving him should of made her more determined to show his ass what he is missing.....But instead, she is showing exactly why he left. She's washing up, her contouring is hideous and she's boring now. I'm down with her trying to keep up her sex appeal but it's just not the same. If she's going to be weighty, attack the weight by not going tighter but luxurious. Don't squeeze the curves, accentuate them. Mariah is done.

LMAOOOO!!!! Tell us how you really feel! I can't spot a single lie. Honestly I wish for her sake at this point she would just retire from the spotlight and leave what's left of her legacy intact, nothing wrong with that she had a fairly successful run

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Haha between your avi, OT topic and stanning, I'd say you're pretty much the go-to Charli XCX stan tbh

Let me ask, how old is she anyways? Like I realized I legit don't know..... is she at least older than Ariana or is this a Lorde teen situation where she is younger than she looks....

Captcha

1989 sold a shit ton and she managed to get new fans while keeping her old ones, Blank Space as a single was a success and so was Shake It Off, and 1989 is a solid album filled with really good songs. Taylor can't dance tho

I won't(can't) deny her sales power and that's not what I meant. I mean, of course she has a huge fan base. She is a plain, boring, rudimentary, basic, basal ass white girl singing about boys. Millions of little girls and bottoms can identify with her. Her music, however, is straight up garbage; Shake It Off was the worst lead single since Roar.

The Flop

Banned
So my Top 10 slays of the year in no particular order are:

Karmin "I want it all"
Sia "Chandelier"
Nick Jonas "Jealous"
Ella Henderson "Ghost"
Fifth Harmony "Sledgehammer"
Sia "Elastic Heart (Solo Version)"
Bea Miller "Young Blood"
Alex & Sierra "Little Do You Know"
Taylor Swift "Out of the Woods" -no vevo link or audio link :eek:
Iggy Azalea "Change your Life" I know it was released in 13, but I heard it in 14 and it slaysssssssss me.

Honorable mentions:

Fifth Harmony - "Bo$$"
Charli XCX "Break the Rules"
Ariana Grande "Break Free"
Lorde "Tennis Court"

Please be kind! I'm new to this slayage of popgaf!

Aguila

#ICONIC
I have a hard time believing that Roar AND Dark Horse have more than 700,000,000 views on YouTube.
09954248.gif

Like... bye Bad Romance, and the Rhoach can't even pull those numbers either.
09954248.gif

Sydle

I won't(can't) deny her sales power and that's not what I meant. I mean, of course she has a huge fan base. She is a plain, boring, rudimentary, basic, basal ass white girl singing about boys. Millions of little girls and bottoms can identify with her. Her music, however, is straight up garbage; Shake It Off was the worst lead single since Roar.
As a future bottom i am very offended by this post
but tru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom