• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sad to see Azealia turned out to be as big of a piece of trash as Iggy. I've already dropped Iggy's racist ass off my playlist, now I gotta do the same to Banks' bigoted homophobic ass, and JUST as I was becoming a fan of her as I quite liked BWET. Oh well

Learn to separate the art from the artist. Azealia being as trash as she might be doesn't change the quality of the album.

YIKES, Madonna is PISSED
emoticon_shocked.gif

from FB:

MywcEh7.jpg
First of all, that happened days ago so Madonna is late af
Second, she broke an iPod nano
po3RDVm.gif
one of the richest women in music and she breaks a nano to show how angry she is. #whenwillurfave

Vazra

Why should we do that? Please explain. I had this same conversation at work the other day, and I'm interested in hearing you defend that stance.

Is the music you are listening racist, misogynist, homophobic, etc? The content on the album can be drastically different from what the artist really might be as a person. There are artists that have been considered assholes, douchebags and many other things but still people praise their music cause they know to separate the individual from the actual material they are listening to.

I enjoy Azealia Banks music but that doesnt mean I will defend her behavior and I actually find her behavior destructive but her music is or the messages on the tracks are nothing like her internet persona.

ghstwrld

Also

Sad to see Azealia turned out to be as big of a piece of trash as Iggy. I've already dropped Iggy's racist ass off my playlist, now I gotta do the same to Banks' bigoted homophobic ass, and JUST as I was becoming a fan of her as I quite liked BWET. Oh well

are you deleting overseer madonna's albums as well?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Is the music you are listening racist, misogynist, homophobic, etc? The content on the album can be drastically different from what the artist really might be as a person. There are artists that have been considered assholes, douchebags and many other things but still people praise their music cause they know to separate the individual from the actual material they are listening to.

I enjoy Azealia Banks music but that doesnt mean I will defend her behavior and I actually find her behavior destructive but her music is or the messages on the tracks are nothing like her internet persona.

real talk Bayo: are you honestly still able to enjoy Chris Brown's music though? Or Eminem?

are you deleting overseer madonna's albums as well?

Hello rude! I see you managed to get yourself an alt, that was fast!

RED ALERT

MADONNA AND BEYONCE ARE TIED WITH T-MINUS 9 HOURS TO GO.

beyonce-shocked.gif

These last PMs are now critical. Send me your choice ASAP to tip the scale! xoxo

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

So you don't see anything wrong with supporting them with your money by buying their songs, albums, concert tickets, and merchandise? It doesn't matter if their music itself is racist, homophobic, etc. The support still allows them to have a platform to spread their message and reach countless people.

Vazra

So you don't see anything wrong with supporting them with your money by buying their songs, albums, concert tickets, and merchandise? It doesn't matter if their music itself is racist, homophobic, etc. The support still allows them to have a platform to spread their message and reach countless people.

Even if the music doesn't carry the negative messages it means I shouldn't pay for the music that I like and illegally download just to give them a lesson? I don't think so. I go to concerts of people I stan hard so maybe I wouldn't go to their concerts but still I would show I like the music by purchasing it.

We have twitter and many other social media to express our disdain at their behavior and people voicing their disappointment at the behavior in volumes might be enough to change some of the behavior or at least make em try to make a change.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Even if the music doesn't carry the negative messages it means I shouldn't pay for the music that I like and illegally download just to give them a lesson? I don't think so. I go to concerts of people I stan hard so maybe I wouldn't go to their concerts but still I would show I like the music by purchasing it.

We have twitter and many other social media to express our disdain at their behavior and people voicing their disappointment at the behavior in volumes might be enough to change some of the behavior or at least make em try to make a change.
...I never said anything about illegally downloading anything. I just made the assumption (and the apparently correct one) that you pay for things to begin with.

And you actually think that social media "backlash" from fans is truly changing artists' behavior? Really? Can you give me a good example of this working in the longterm (not just temporary embarrassment)? Because telling someone that they're mean over Twitter does not even come close to hurting them at the bank.

Vazra

...I never said anything about illegally downloading anything. I just made the assumption (and the apparently correct one) that you pay for things to begin with.

And you actually think that social media "backlash" from fans is truly changing artists' behavior? Really? Can you give me a good example of this working in the longterm? Because telling someone that they're mean over Twitter does not even come close to hurting them at the bank.

We have seen people apologize for doing black face (Shane Dawson), Madonna has apologized for using the n-word and more have after the media backlash. They can be as assholes and many things behind cameras but at least for some getting the backlash make them be more careful with what they say publicly.

SaintZ

Now Azealia is defending Bill Cosby on twitter
CATTY NOIR @AZEALIABANKS · 6m 6 minutes ago

from police murders, to macklemore and igloo australia.... They are even trying to tear down our father figure BILL COSBY
oh dear.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'd be too scared to tbh
Have you ever?

Gaga actually came to my city (in Canada) this year and I missed it cuz I didn't wanna go alone, would have felt like a freak (one of my best friends could have gone but tickets were "too pricey" for her)

ed2305b7.png

Then I got excited that Artrave ended a week or two ago, and thought I could finally watch it on Blu Ray! Then I remembered, the Born This Way Ball was never even released on home video for some reason, and that era was more successful than Artpop. Mess.

ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png
ed2305b7.png

So are you deleting it or not?

ibeg0ffcn5fhj8.jpg

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

eek! let me rihturn my stan card for azealia.
Same. What a mess.
Gaga actually came to my city (in Canada) this year and I missed it cuz I didn't wanna go alone, would have felt like a freak (one of my best friends could have gone but tickets were "too pricey" for her)

ed2305b7.png

Then I got excited that Artrave ended a week or two ago, and thought I could finally watch it on Blu Ray! Then I remembered, the Born This Way Ball was never even released on home video for some reason, and that era was more successful than Artpop. Mess.
artRave was livestreamed via Yahoo in 720p so there's that :)

Beyoncé Stands with Rioters in New Video
December 4, 2014
Just in time to add fuel to the Ferguson fire, superstar singer Beyoncé has re-released a video for her dirge-like, 2013 single “Superpower,” in which she makes rioting against law enforcement look hip and romantic.
The overlong video opens with an image of the Black Power fist – a hint of things to come.
The salient point is that her getup inexplicably pairs this semi-nudity with a niqab, which she draws up over her face, exposing only her eyes.

This apparently displeased some Muslims. Twitter lit up with complaints such as, “Dear Beyoncé: Do you think you’re going to get away with wearing a version of Islamic head-dress, niqab, while promoting your Demonic music?” Another tweet: “Quoting our holy Quran and dressing in a niqab isn’t a fashion statement you dumb beyonce.” In the video’s context, it’s possible that Beyoncé intended for the look to be more Occupy Wall Street than Islamic. Or perhaps she was wearing a niqab to make Muslim head coverings sexier and more culturally acceptable. If so, it failed to convince at least one feminist, who lashed out on Twitter: “Sorry, Beyonce. Probably not in the best interest for women’s rights to make the niqab fashionable. Just sayin’.”
As the song draws mercifully to a close, the privileged Beyoncé – having peeled off the niqab and donned a camouflage jacket that costs probably $3000 – faces off with her defiant, multicultural mob of chiseled cheekbones against a line of cops in riot gear. She stands next to a man in a balaclava reminiscent of her niqab. The two of them clasp hands Thelma and Louise-style in anticipation of the confrontation to come. The message: rioting, property destruction, anarchy, and attacking cops are cool – and nothing influences youth more than the aura of cool.

Who cares, you ask? She’s just another left-leaning celebrity exposing her own political ignorance. Why is her video important? It’s important because Beyoncé is arguably the biggest entertainer in the world now. With over 118 million albums sold, she is the top artist of the 2000s, with 17 Grammy awards, a Golden Globe nomination, and untold millions of fans worldwide. Her pop culture influence is incalculable, and pop culture – not politics – is where the progressive control takes root. When Beyoncé weighs in on an issue like the Ferguson tinderbox, her fans absorb the message and pump their fists along with her.

Keep in mind that she is married to rapper Jay-Z, who has none of Beyoncé’s talent but all of her racial supremacism and political radicalism. His song lyrics are replete with profanity, racial slurs, misogyny, glorification of violence, and expressions of racial grievance – not to mention anti-police hatred. “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” boasts of giving “a middle finger to the law.” A music video titled “No Church in the Wild,” which “Superpower” resembles, celebrates anarchy and depicts police trying to quell a violent riot. And “99 Problems” features a verse about blacks being racially profiled by the “motherfu**ing law.” In 2009 he released a song in honor of the newly-elected Obama entitled “My President is Black” (imagine if a country singer back in 2005 had performed a song called “My President is White”). The massively wealthy Jay-Z (he and his wife have a net worth of $1 billion) has also been a supporter, or at least an exploiter, of the Occupy movement.

Music entertainers have a long tradition of anti-establishment, anti-authoritarian lyrics aimed at a rebellious youth audience. I don’t expect Beyoncé to come out with a pro-police anthem or an ode to Darren Wilson. But to re-release a video that openly advocates violent conflict with the police at this time of heightened tension between blacks and law enforcement is irresponsible at best, and incitement to violence at worst. The fact that Beyoncé is so closely linked to the President of the United States makes it all the more unconscionable, albeit unsurprising, since the “post-racial” Obama, who urged protesters to “stay the course,” hasn’t lifted a finger to quell the violent animus over Ferguson.

From the comments section:
Beyonce and Jay Z are financial supporters of the NBPP and the black supremacist 5.% group.

I can imagine them sitting around cheering for the burning buildings while being completely ignorant to the actual events in Ferguson.

Sadly her cheap,tacky,trampy and tasteless act is gobbled up by ignorant female children. Even worse young boys try to emulate her drug dealing,brother shooting ,partner stabbing husband

Charles Manson and Courtney Love are better role models than these 2. And better singers.

Just another BPOS
niqqer
skank
If we are lucky , some " offended " POS moreslime will kill her in Allahs name; imagine the confusion that would present the moreslime lovers ?

A black female Hollywood libtard , murdered by a moreslime ...............

Latch

Ms. Swift is problematic, makes shitty music and her face looks like an anus
if you love yourself you won't stan for her

Latch

What did she do?

tumblr_inline_mjx2knzXq71qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mjx0ncCy0p1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mjx0pvHLKZ1qz4rgp.jpg

-Perpetuates the myth that women are only worth their virginities with lyrics such as “Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind”. Her virginity was “everything she had”. Not her intelligence or talent or kindness or anything, just her virginity. (The Abigail mentioned in the song, a friend of Swift’s, says Swift used that wording because those were the words Abigail had used.)
-Perpetuates the myth that women need men to save them
-Plays at being the ugly, unwanted outsider despite being a thin, attractive, wealthy, white woman. Apparently glasses = ugly loser.

tumblr_inline_mjx1bdRt8H1qz4rgp.jpg

http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/45761093757/taylor-swift

SaintZ

I went out during lunch break and Azealia tweeted something messier

CATTY NOIR @AZEALIABANKS · 1h 1 hour ago

them bitches frontin' like they wasn't trying to get some of that pudding pop!!!!
Not her blaming the victims.

iO8DpDGVEWzQP.gif

Latch ha tea, I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom