• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Gaga looking pregnant

WcuMLdG.jpg

I actually wish Chris Martin would collab with Rih again. Such an unlikely pairing but they work so well like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup

Still my favorite Rihanna
song *.*

He did work on another song for R8.

Whether it features his vocals remains to be seen.

Or whether it will make the cut

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Her first EP came out in Apr 2013

Listening to the following is the next thing you should do:

You're in Love
Runaways
High Society
All of You

Then go listen to the rest of her new album Take Me When You Go.

<3

Paco!

OMG thank you for this <3 Betty slays, she's like P!nk, except you know, not awful.

I particularly like All of You. What a BOP

51503792afa96f0994013222.gif

Mau ®;141721429 said:
He did work on another song for R8.

Whether it features his vocals remains to be seen.

Or whether it will make the cut

Nice! Hope it makes the cut

Let me lightly perch for R8! #Nvay

Also that Gaga pic is a disaster, but that's too concentrated to be fat. Perhaps she's expecting with a certain Mr. Taylor Kinney? lol maybe my maternity comment wasn't so far off the mark!

royalan

CATTY NOIR @AZEALIABANKS · 26m 26 minutes ago
from police murders, to macklemore and igloo australia.... They are even trying to tear down our father figure BILL COSBY

CATTY NOIR @AZEALIABANKS · 6m 6 minutes ago
them bitches frontin' like they wasn't trying to get some of that pudding pop!!!!

I think it's official: Azealia Banks stans have lost the ability to come at Iggy. This is next level disgusting.

Yet come and defend her...if you can.

CATTY NOIR @AZEALIABANKS · 26m 26 minutes ago
from police murders, to macklemore and igloo australia.... They are even trying to tear down our father figure BILL COSBY

CATTY NOIR @AZEALIABANKS · 6m 6 minutes ago
them bitches frontin' like they wasn't trying to get some of that pudding pop!!!!

I think it's official: Azealia Banks stans have lost the ability to come at Iggy. This is next level disgusting.

Yet come and defend her...if you can.
...Yeah, can't do this.
Not when she's defending a rapist.
Iggy is still vile trash

Why can't they both be vile though? A racist vs a rape victim blamer is of the same camp.

Morally, they are both reprehensible.

So maybe I don't agree that neither fanbase cannot drag.

Mau ®;141726070 said:
Roy didn't lie.

BWET is another ok album ya'll overpraised. At least Iggy has bops.
Yet I've never seen mention of Igloo's shit albums here. At all. It's just the same 3 songs that are always mentioned.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;141726070 said:
Roy didn't lie.

BWET is another ok album ya'll overpraised. At least Iggy has bops.

When her bops rely on features it means she isn't the one making the magic happen. Why no solo singles after Fancy?

Mau ®

I'm not saying TNC isn't a shit album. I'm saying it at least has bops.

And a bop is a bop. Whether it has a featured artist or not.

Iggy needs a hook machine to get a hit. No other female MC ever needed this to get by. Not even Iggy features on other songs are good.

So what does Iggy have that we can realistically say, she is a great MC? She has yet to have a single on the chart with no feature.

So, idk......at this time. Her drags are valid. She is a dull female rapper that will be done in a couple of months.

A bop is a bop regardless. But iggy doesn't have bops that showcases her single talent. It's literally off the hook of others who make that song.

And her bops, just aren't....bops.

Mau ®;141726514 said:
I'm not saying TNC isn't a shit album. I'm saying it at least has bops.

And a bop is a bop. Whether it has a featured artist or not.
212? Liquorice? 1991? Ice Princess? Esta Noche? JFK? Chasing Time? Luxury? Wallace? Desperado? Miss Amor?
... But why are we even talking about hits in an Iggy vs Azealia conversation? The disparity here should be obvious...
Because her 3 hits are all she has.

212? Liquorice? 1991? Ice Princess? Esta Noche? JFK? Chasing Time? Luxury? Wallace? Desperado? Miss Amor?

Because her 3 hits are all she has.

Spill.

And let's not forget Give Me A Chance.......In which she even raps eloquently and fluently in Spanish.

Idk, i don't care that Banks is a flop. She makes legible, better quality bops than that sweatshop quality shit iggy makes with her mediocre lyrics and bars. Her only flaw....

....Being a repugnant fuck.

But her music to me, is critically acclaimed. Like I said, without the features....Iggy songs would fall flat. Take out the features...the song is whack.

Mau ®

Those songs are good/great. But they'll hardly get people going at a party the way Iggy's hits do.

Y'all can continue stanning that horrible person tho. I won't get in the way.

tumblr_n4y7dz8fGH1s64jz1o6_250.gif

Captcha

I don't understand why Azealia keeps trying to alienate the 32 people who bought her record. She is capable of making really great music. The Ibiza remix of Venus was one of my favorite songs out of 2013.

royalan

By millions you mean the 500k that purchased The New Classic and the 19k who bought Reclassified?

Don't forget the millions of fans streaming her music on Spotify, sis.

Besides, this is ALL more than Azealia Banks has.So I don't understand this conversation. One can only imagine that she's still pressed after the excitement she felt when her album shot to #3 on the iTunes album chart...only to experience the crushing realization that iTunes is so irrelevant now that #3 on the chart only amounts to 8k first week. Kiiii....

Sis, Iggy gets played all the time in the clubs. Hell, WORK still gets played in the clubs.

I still only hear 212 for Azealia...

I do not hear not a club sound in any Iggy songs to even warrant a spin. Yet, Azealia makes Club House ........ What is blackmarket under the table scheme Grand Hustle Musik has that are giving these DJ's such trash songs to play when people are drunk enough?

Wait, is it the "hype man" sound that get's people jumping?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
LOL why are y'all fighting over these two dumpster people? Just leave them on the side of the road and listen to one of Missy Elliott's countless bops instead.

Remember Missy? Now THAT was the whole package. Bops, class, intelligence. Lord I wish she'd return and this woman would show these girls a thing or two.

Oh and music separated from the vile artist it's
BWET>>> NEW CLASSIC
SODA>MISS AMOR> 212>>>>> CHARLI'S FEATURE ON FANCY>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EAR PARASITES>>>>>>> THE REST OF IGGY'S MUSIC

miley-cyrus-crying-gif.gif

i7A3TXRf8ArBP.png

Votes have been coming in all day, and we're still at a gridlock. This is kind of amazing considering it's the last battle of the tournament, but we need a winner folks.

Do not hesitate to vote now and break the tie, just by CLICKING HERE!

End this right boys

giphy.gif

Mau ®

Missy is still my fave female rapper and will probably always be.

But I'd rather she didn't return. Her "comeback" singles were whack and she's lost her touch. I don't think she has it in her anymore. Just let that legacy & memories intact.

Missy and Timbaland will forever be, imo, the heralds of the 90's. Their sound was unmatched entirely by all music standards. They were seriously two of the best producers of that era and it saddens me deeply that Missy just kind of fell off. She hasn't been able to come out with serious heat, and her protege's have been tiring (besides Jasmine Sullivan but she's kind of a flop). That Shara (however you spell her name) J chick is super tacky, gimmicky and lame.

I wish she would just hop back with Tim and get back to what we knew her for. Truly, a dynamic duo.

Latch

Mau ®;141728365 said:
Missy is still my fave female rapper and will probably always be.

But I'd rather she didn't return. Her "comeback" singles were whack and she's lost her touch. I don't think she has it in her anymore. Just let that legacy & memories intact.

I love Missy to bits, but she's not a good rapper
She had catchy melodies and good beats, but her lyrics were always really corny

enigmatic_alex44

Sadly I think Missy lost a bit of that spark during her years long battle with Graves disease. :(
I don't expect her to return to full form and release any more albums but I'll always have love for her and she has a permanent spot in my top 5.

royalan

I think Missy could have a good comeback. Her production is still good.

She needs to leave Timbaland behind, tho. He was the problem with her last comeback attempt.

She needs to leave Timbaland behind, tho. He was the problem with her last comeback attempt.

Really? This is news to me. I mean they work so good together. What happened that messed with her last comeback?

enigmatic_alex44

wow disagree completely roy

Timbaland and Missy are SO good together

Gossip Folk>>>>>

Work It>>>>>

Her two best songs imo, common denominator = Timbaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom