• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Listening to Madonna tracks and the only thing I can think about is how those tracks would be great if it was Gaga, Rihanna, or Perry, or whoever else singing them. But I actually expect more from Madonna. Ghost Town is the best one in my opinion, so far. Illuminati, and Living for Love are kinda catchy.

That is basically my opinion for her last two albums as well. Hard Candy would be a great Nelly Furtado album, it is a passable Madonna one. If you know what I mean...

Maybe it will grow on me later. Maybe the other tracks are better. Let's see.

Partition

Banned
Honestly, I think this is going to go down a lot like Hard Candy did.

Madge is clearly going for a fun, boppy album again this time around.

Funny cuz ARTPOP is a fun "boppy" album that may be trash but it still sounds better and less outdated than these 6 tracks. Yet no one has a problem dragging that album cuz it came from GaGa. The bias is clearly real.

But I suppose this is no different than you pretending Bionic and Lotus are anything but terrible albums.

Funny cuz ARTPOP is a fun "boppy" album that may be trash but it still sounds better and less outdated than these 6 tracks. Yet no one has a problem dragging that album cuz it came from GaGa. The bias is clearly real.

But I suppose this is no different than you pretending Bionic and Lotus are anything but terrible albums.

Go in.
Hard Candy was great tho.

royalan

Uhhh...but I actually like ARTPOP tho? I've never not praised that album...

cory64

The Night Is Still Young tho

ibpIvZyKyBEL05.gif

A Pop song from Nicki that isn't absolutely vile. Who would have thought?
Stan, and stay perched for the gerls here to start using The Pinkprint in a few months despite dragging it now. It's a solid alber.

lmao "her reign as queen is over" wtf? because after 30 years of CLOCKING and ~25 years of which were spent making slay albums she releases 6 songs you don't like? honey didn't beSHITce just release 7/11 and ring off? looks that reign will never even begin! GONE GIRL (by david fincher out in theaters now + book by gillian flynn available for purchase)

be SURE to begin setting some $$$ aside in order to PURCHASE the soon-to-be-sold-out $1000 tickets for the upcoming record breaking REBEL HEART TOUR honies, which will undoubtedly put her at the top of the highest earning celebrities of 2015. perhaps you can begin doing this after checking her current slayage on the itunes charts.

~oo but instead you'll all be ready to begin kii-ing and laughing, while u listen to jewels n drugs and some incoherent soundcloud hunty cooing over some electronic noises, when she starts falling won't you?

goodbye

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dénouement;144188392 said:
lmao "her reign as queen is over" wtf? because after 30 years of CLOCKING and ~25 years of which were spent making slay albums she releases 6 songs you don't like? honey didn't beSHITce just release 7/11 and ring off? looks that reign will never even begin! GONE GIRL (by david fincher out in theaters now + book by gillian flynn available for purchase)

be SURE to begin setting some $$$ aside in order to PURCHASE the soon-to-be-sold-out $1000 tickets for the upcoming record breaking REBEL HEART TOUR honies, which will undoubtedly put her at the top of the highest earning celebrities of 2015. perhaps you can begin doing this after checking her current slayage on the itunes charts.

~oo but instead you'll all be ready to begin kii-ing and laughing, while u listen to jewels n drugs and some incoherent soundcloud hunty cooing over some electronic noises, when she starts falling won't you?

goodbye
Who are you?
giphy.gif

Please stay.

goodbye
This gathering. I live.

royalan

goodbye

I have been waiting for Phono-sis to return. ;___;

The Pink Print stanning in this thread. Yes Lordt!

ibpIvZyKyBEL05.gif

Sley Nicki! Been 5 days and still bumping to every track

goodbye

Waiiiit!!

ANGELA.gif

goodbye
i6QVLc4soQxhF.gif

Floridian

goodbye

iWBqYoWXp977u.gif

Mau ®

goodbye

You sound familiar.

But YES!

Taylor erasing the future Queen of Youtube? :eek:

Rihanna is coming early 2015. Katy ain't coming near her crown.

Vitanimus

goodbye

and a rosamund pike avatar? let me stan

Vazduh

goodbye

The avatar, the comment...

f6SEKOo.gif

I live.

goodbye

It's as if phono and royalan had a baby

The pinkprint is full of great beats. Generally speaking i
I'm not a big fan of rap, but if the music is great, it can work. That's why I often like Drake or Kanye. And Nicki's latest. Love the fat beats on songs like Only, Big Daddy, Shanghai and Win Again. They sound dark and threatening. I also love some of the little samples used in other songs, like the little trumpet in The Night Is Still Young, or Alicia Keys in Buy A Heart.

I'm debating whether or not I should give The Pinkprint a chance. Pink Friday was an uneven mess of an album. Devoting a whole hour to a Nicki Minaj album isn't exactly at the top of my priorities

I Loved pink Friday for the cheap but catchy pop songs. I like the pinkprint because of the rap/r&b tracks more than anything. It seems to be filled with songs more in the vain of Pink Fridays Champion.

I suggest you give it a listen to see.

I'm enjoying Monaco Lisa right now. The whole album seems to be filled with tracks that have a dark melancholic feeling.

There she go talkin' her mess
All around town makin' me stress
I need to get this off my chest
And if her friend want some then she'll be next
It really ain't that complicated
Y'all walking round looking all frustrated
Want some plex come on let's make it
Ya acting real hard but I know ya fakin'

Know you really don't wanna step to dis
Really don't know why you talkin' shit
You 'bout to catch one right in the lip
It's about to be a what? Girlfight!

Bladenic

There she go talkin' her mess
All around town makin' me stress
I need to get this off my chest
And if her friend want some then she'll be next
It really ain't that complicated
Y'all walking round looking all frustrated
Want some plex come on let's make it
Ya acting real hard but I know ya fakin'

Know you really don't wanna step to dis
Really don't know why you talkin' shit
You 'bout to catch one right in the lip
It's about to be a what? Girlfight!

Do I have to tell a nigga how to touch me?
Do I have to tell a nigga how to hold me?
Do I have to tell a nigga when to call me?
Do I have to tell a nigga I'm lonely?
Do I have to feel wrong,
when it ain't strong?
keep my mouth closed?
(huh huh huh)
Can't a girl from tha hood find a homie,
that ain't just tryna hang around me?

Lol I don't understand how one can do stuff like that, but good them. Better than giving blowjobs in a Walmart in exchange for an ARTPOP sale.

Meowster

Really like the cover for Rebel Heart though, not going to lie. Ghosttown is definitely the standout though Living For Love is good too.

I'm debating whether or not I should give The Pinkprint a chance. Pink Friday was an uneven mess of an album. Devoting a whole hour to a Nicki Minaj album isn't exactly at the top of my priorities

PLEEEZZ give it a chance. It is such a great album that I stil can't believe Nicki Delivered. She really came back to her roots. It's raw, dark, everything that Souldiver said is true. The Night is Young is probably the only Pop song on there but the rest will be unfiltered. She wasn't playing with this album.. It still slays all the way.

goodbye

Unapologetic bitch
c3ed7b23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom