• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kesha is an awesome artist and good singer.

warrior was one of the best albums om 2012.

Also eagerly awaiting her now music. Hopelessly without pitbull though.

Kesha is an awesome artist and good singer.

warrior was one of the best albums om 2012.

Also eagerly awaiting her now music. Hopelessly without pitbull though.
*high fives*

I still don't know how such an amazing album flopped so badly. :/

Also, yes, no more Pitbull would be nice.

Watching one of Ke$ha's old vids made me realize what an underrated vocalist she is. Awaiting for her tik tok return
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QauHIfeu9k

I'd say she's underrated all around, her early party girl image really hurt her. Not many realize how fantastic of a song writer she is. Hopefully she can get complete creative control of her next album and create the music she wants to.

Warrior as an album could have been phenomenal if there was more of the rock sound she wanted (Dirty Love) and less of the lame electro garbage (C'mon) Luke wanted

I'd say she's underrated all around, her early party girl image really hurt her. Not many realize how fantastic of a song writer she is. Hopefully she can get complete creative control of her next album and create the music she wants to.

Warrior as an album could have been phenomenal if there was more of the rock sound she wanted (Dirty Love) and less of the lame electro garbage (C'mon) Luke wanted
Aaw, I really liked Common. It was one of the few tracks on the album without a shitty dupstep inspired breakdown in the chorus. Classic formula, euphoric chorus to dance to.

royalan

Good luck getting "creative control" when your brand is dead and no producer worth their salt will be seen within 50 feet of you. Sorry Ke$ha.

Floridian

I enjoyed her rock-like songs way more than her pop features. Hopefully she does more.

B-Dex

C'mon slays though.

rude

Banned
Madonna's songs sound as painfully outdated as everything she's released in the last 8+ years. These songs are embarrassing. I'm not sure wha there is to like about her? She can't sing worth a shit and the production on Rebel Heart is tired and boring. She's been beyond done. She needs to sit down and....find something else to do.

As far as the Gaga comparison goes, Stefani blows Madonna out of the water on a vocal basis. I'd argue that Madonna's never made an album as perfect as TFM (I guess Erotica comes close).

royalan

Madonna's songs sound as painfully outdated as everything she's released in the last 8+ years. These songs are embarrassing. I'm not sure wha there is to like about her? She can't sing worth a shit and the production on Rebel Heart is tired and boring. She's been beyond done. She needs to sit down and....find something else to do.

As far as the Gaga comparison goes, Stefani blows Madonna out of the water on a vocal basis. I'd argue that Madonna's never made an album as perfect as TFM (I guess Erotica comes close).

I don't think the songs sound outdated, personally. They're right in the wheelhouse of what's popular as long as you aren't sucking FKA Twigs' teet.

Also, why do people keep saying "Madonna can't sing!" as if that's some sort of fresh critique? We got it in 1992 and we got now: Madonna can't sing. Whatever. Neither can 80% of these boring-ass Soundcloud Hoes out now.

Considering the woman has a lot of control over her project, I'm just gonna assume she has no clue what people like in pop music today. Honestly, I don't understand how a big popstar can listen to those tracks and say "yes awesome,this going on mah album."

She could literally hire any producer she wants. There are so many up and coming artists that we on popgaf even share. She must have a bigger database to mine. Yet she goes for the famous djs and terrible songs.

The woman doesn't know what pop music is today, and unless someone with talent takes full control, well just keep ending up wit hard candy's and Mdma 's

rude

Banned
Also, why do people keep saying "Madonna can't sing!" as if that's some sort of fresh critique? We got it in 1992 and we got now: Madonna can't sing. Whatever. Neither can 80% of these boring-ass Soundcloud Hoes out now.
Rihanna and Britney etc can't sing worth a shit but at least they sound enthusiastic on their tracks. Even lames like Sky and Marina and Selena try to put some feeling into their music. Madonna sounds fucking lobotomized on Rebel Heart; not to mention the majority of her discography. Honestly?

Nemesis_

Well no, this is mimicking an album cover. The other is giving oral sex in exchange for money for your faves bank account.

Every base has the same shit going on, which was my point. Every stan re-enacted every ARTPOP album / single cover.

I mean wasn't a Lamb shopping nudes around twitter in exchange for Triumphant purchases?

Let's not pretend things are exclusive to Gaga because it's fun to rag on her. Every base is gross.

Rihanna and Britney etc can't sing worth a shit but at least they sound enthusiastic on their tracks. Madonna sounds fucking lobotomized on Rebel Heart; not to mention the majority of her discography. Honestly?

She should just give creative control to Stuart Price or even Ahmadzai (sp?). I'd say William Orbit but given how Britney Jean and MDNA turned out I'm a little bit reluctant to make such a recommendation.

It's like she gave up trying to be innovative and fun after Confessions 10 years ago. The new songs only sound outdated because it's her. Otherwise the music itself sounds like what would make top 10 on the radio these days.

It's like she gave up trying to be innovative and fun after Confessions 10 years ago. The new songs only sound outdated because it's her. Otherwise the music itself sounds like what would make top 10 on the radio these days.

I agrih.

I expect more from her. And it's so annoying that she's apparently just stopped caring. Get. it. together.

rude

Banned
Do they? are EDM breakdowns still popular today? these tracks honestly sound like throwaway shit from 2010. admittedly, I don't listen to the radio that often.

Not to mention these lyrics...a 56 year old talking about getting stoned and doing acid is so unbecoming.

Nemesis_

Do they? are EDM breakdowns still popular today? these tracks honestly sound like throwaway shit from 2010. admittedly, I don't listen to the radio that often.

Not to mention these lyrics...a 56 year old talking about getting stoned and doing acid is so unbecoming.

WE CAN SNIFF GLUE is the most cringeworthy in that song :|

Decided to give Tinashe's album a listen

iAmuotWn4kKZB.gif

Holy shit, this album is so good. Why did I sleep on her album.

Bated Breath
Wildfire
Feels Like Vegas
Cold Sweat
Bet
Thug Cry

She totally surprised me with how great she sounds on these songs, and the production goes in. Why aren't those songs singles? They collectively shit on anything released in the year...

Until I heard LP1 by FKA Twigs

iAmuotWn4kKZB.gif

Another album I slept on.

Jasper

The major problem I have with Madonna's music in recent years, is that the chorus in her singles are FUCKING AMAZING (just like Living For Love from her new album) but the rest of the song is utter shit.

Her voice is just too crap to listen to except when it gets to an upbeat chorus (where it doesn't matter how crap her voice is, if it's an awesome uptempo beat - that's all that matters).

I'm frankly getting sick and tried of having to rewind and fast forward Madonna songs to enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom