• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

I was hoping to see Rachel Stevens on that list.

Me, too, and I was glad when I saw she was included :) It's such a good pop album.

I was also glad to see Holly Valance's State of Mind. That one is criminally underrated, and it's also something that I think would appeal to everybody who's into electro-pop. I'm going to have to check out a few albums from the list, since I gave them a wide miss back when they were released (e.g. Lindsay Lohan, Emma Bunton...)

Gwen is working with Pharrel on ha next album
any and all hype erased

So basically, The Sweet Escape pt. 2?

Oh, well. More 4 In The Mornings, and less Yummys, please.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I can't with Fairy tale of New York ever since I did drunk karaoke with my best friend's mum in their kitchen surrounded by all their family and friends
I would say that hearing it brings back bad memories, but I was black out drunk, though the thought of it is bad enough.
If I HAD to pick a second favourite it would be Leona's Ava Maria which is the only Christmas song to survive the new year cull in my itunes library

Me, too, and I was glad when I saw she was included :) It's such a good pop album.

I was also glad to see Holly Valance's State of Mind. That one is criminally underrated, and it's also something that I think would appeal to everybody who's into electro-pop. I'm going to have to check out a few albums from the list, since I gave them a wide miss back when they were released (e.g. Lindsay Lohan, Emma Bunton...)

So basically, The Sweet Escape pt. 2?

Oh, well. More 4 In The Mornings, and less Yummys, please.

I tried to get into State Of Mind but I couldn't. I'll have to give it another chance later. Yummy is such a great song though!

Mau ®

bxrimpgigaa6g4u.jpg
rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
i mean pretty much everybody in the industry agrees that visions is one of the best albums of the last decade and that stuff like genesis and oblivion are incredible songs

and she has another alber out this year, two and a bit years afterwards, which is a perfectly reasonable followup time

Does she, tho? Spin just posted this today:

the negativity out there is also affecting the 26-year-old's music. A few months ago, she released "Go," a track she wrote for Rihanna that was ultimately rejected by the pop star. While many of us enjoyed it, a vocal contingent of Grimes fans apparently let her know they weren't happy about this change in direction. "It upsets a lot of my fans, and I get why it upsets them. Everybody was like, 'Oh, Grimes is pandering to the radio,'" she said.

This reaction led Grimes to scrap her entire follow-up to the 2012 breakout, Visions.

"It sucked, so I threw it out and started again," she said. She seems happy with the decision, saying, "I'm just making way more music," and we hope it comes from a place of confidence instead of insecurity. Still, we have to wonder if signing to Jay Z's Roc Nation hasn't ramped up the pressure to deliver a grander sound now that she's experienced fame. Fingers crossed she makes the album she truly wants to make, and learns to tune out the bullshit.

This, after she supposedly lost the entire first attempt in a hard drive crash? Girl's a mess rn.

Vazduh

This, after she supposedly lost the entire first attempt in a hard drive crash? Girl's a mess rn.

Jesus, what a mess!

UVWdqKC.gif

At this point, Azealia Banks' album will drop before Grimes'.

I tried to get into State Of Mind but I couldn't. I'll have to give it another chance later.

It's far from a masterpiece, it's just a nice little electro-pop album. I'm glad you gave it a chance, though :)

This reminds me, POPGAF, Erik is doing a Nintendo Treehouse presentation right now.

Let me tune in.

J1ayD7n.gif
9lXi2Oi.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
bit lttp but 8/10 of my noms got in
I'm not surprised Florrie didn't get in, but I did think that Azealia might have enough left to at least be a contender

Nadine Coyle working on new solo album with Brian Higgins

“Brian Higgins and I have done a lot of really great songs together,” the singer says. “We have some great songs; really good songs that you could literally put out next week, and they would be great.”

Coyle, who racked up 20 consecutive top ten with Girls Aloud, all produced by Higgins, also discusses the possibility of recording some of the group’s unreleased material for her forthcoming second solo album.

“Yeah I think we could. There’s so many,” she says. “For each album we recorded about 100 songs, easily. And Brian has an amazing way of pulling different stuff from different eras and different albums and putting things together from different tracks – you record to a bare piece of music and then Brian thickens it up – so you never know what on earth he will have done with your studio time. So yeah, I would love to have something like that.”

this

has

potential

Partition

Banned

queen of controversy
queen of scrapping albums
queen of being honest about her shit music (~cough~ when will gaga)

I honestly don't care that she scrapped it, she made Visions in one week and it ended up being the AOTY, so I have faith

cory64

queen of controversy
queen of scrapping albums
queen of being honest about their shit music (~cough~ when will gaga)

I honeslty don't care that she scrapped it, she made Visions in one week and it ended up being the AOTY, so I have faith

AOTD you mean. *pending her 2015–2019 output

Mmmmm, ooohhh, mmmmm
Famous faces, far-off places
Trinkets I can buy
No handsome stranger, heady danger
Drug that I can try
No ferris wheel, no heart to steal
No laughter in the dark
No one-night stand, no far-off land
No fire that I can spark
Mmmmm, mmmmm

The face of you
My substitute for love
My substitute for love
Should I wait for you
My substitute for love
My substitute for love

Now I find I've changed my mind
This is my religion

iblcFGez2WIkkf.gif

the new kiesza single, no enemiesz, just premiered on annie mac's show on radio 1

here's a radio rip for now

sQ0ww_zps5a22d393.gif
sQ0ww_zps5a22d393.gif
sQ0ww_zps5a22d393.gif

God Keiza reminds me of the Katy B explosion. It feels like Deja Vu. On A Mission was just a masterpiece and it seems like Keiza is on the same role. They were both at the right place at the right time in terms of genre. Production for both are at an all time high. Both delivers manageable vocals that just know how to vibe well on a beat. It's crazy how similar they are too me. This is another certified™ bop.

SaintZ

Grimes is dragging Pitchfork
grimes 0_0 ‏@Grimezsz 18m

Pitchfork sucks. I scrapped that album like 7 months ago lol. "music journalism" smdh ... haha
grimes 0_0 ‏@Grimezsz 14m

sry to be so negative I just can't stand these tabloids. On a more positive note I am in the studio and it's great
Tell them gerl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom