• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Shitfork was talking about the album Grimes scrapped a long time ago

‏@Grimezsz: Pitchfork sucks. I scrapped that album like 7 months ago lol. "music journalism" smdh ... haha

b80efe23.gif

Edit: beaten, but new page new news
b80efe23.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
she's just...like if i ever met someone that could sing like that, damn. i'd follow like some pied piper shit.

Preach
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif

She's truly a gift from Heaven above. I assume you're familiar with her most recent 2010 album Soldier of Love too? AOTY 2010 tbh. It's such a shame she only descends from the clouds to release new material once a decade or so, though that makes it an even more rare gift and combined with her reclusive lifestyle and rare public appearances, she's truly......well...enigmatic :p

Sade_-_Soldier_of_Love_%28album%29.png

People should also see her LEGENDARY live performance of the haunting Pearls, she's better than even Mariah Carey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI8ppnEJVAg

Unlike some trainwreck older stars, she's also aged incredibly well like a fine wine, can't believe she's 55. I can't think of anyone besides Madonna and Kylie that have the longevity of career AND quality of material that Sade has :*)
And even better, Sade is legit the one person I can think of that POPGAF has absolutely NOTHING to drag her for

460x.jpg

Pure class and elegance
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif

I wish you'd post here more often! :) With the rampant ageism in here Sade gets totally overlooked ;_; Such a shame that she's not part of the top 18 contest.

MESS, I forgot to PM my vote, let me fix that rn, I'm not letting Unibrow win against Mariah

Tell me gays, which one of your faves can make a shitty album slay in a live setting? 3 of my faves can. I guess thats why they get those tour coins and your faves are struggling to sell out that club around the corner.

Get into it.

It's so confusing I thought i met my match
An intellectual would telling for a catch
You always said we be better off as friends
It was inevitable that it would end

Your picture's off my wall
But I'm still waiting for that call
And every man that walks through that door
Will be compared to you forever more

Still I have no regret
Cuz I survived the biggest test
I cannot lie and I won't pretend
But I feel like I lost my very best friend

It's so sad that it had to end.

Tell a kin. Tell a friend. Tell that heffa you hate. Madonna's still got it.
iVa8QhetXwL1J.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Madonna Aiming for 2015 Album Release, 'Having a Lot of Fun' With Diplo

madonna-diplo-jeremy-scott-party-nyfw-2014-billboard-650.jpg

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6251384/madonna-new-album-2015-diplo

In his Billboard magazine cover feature, Diplo said that he's had multiple studio sessions with Madonna that have resulted in at least three "amazing, smashes." "I got really lucky because she's been really understanding and open to my ideas. And she's like, 'I hate sleeping…'"

Madonna's next album is due out on Interscope Records, and -- based on a glance at her Instagram feed -- may also feature collaborations with Toby Gad, MoZella, S1, Ariel Rechtshaid, Avicii, Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum. On last week’s Pop Shop Podcast, Kierszenbaum — the head of Cherrytree Records who also records as Cherry Cherry Boom Boom — told Billboard that he was “very proud” of the work he completed with Madonna in the studio.

not 'til 2015???!

869.gif
869.gif
869.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tell me gays, which one of your faves can make a shitty album slay in a live setting? 3 of my faves can. I guess thats why they get those tour coins and your faves are struggling to sell out that club around the corner.

Get into it.

It's so confusing I thought i met my match
An intellectual would telling for a catch
You always said we be better off as friends
It was inevitable that it would end

Your picture's off my wall
But I'm still waiting for that call
And every man that walks through that door
Will be compared to you forever more

Still I have no regret
Cuz I survived the biggest test
I cannot lie and I won't pretend
But I feel like I lost my very best friend

It's so sad that it had to end.

Tell a kin. Tell a friend. Tell that heffa you hate. Madonna's still got it.
iVa8QhetXwL1J.gif

only the audio though
we all know madonnas strength has been her visuals

Mau ®

I don't know what ya'll are on about with Madge's album probably being bad.

Avicii and Diplo are fantastic DJ's. I'm confident they can deliver tbh.

Vazduh

Mau ®;129753470 said:

If Diplo is executive-producing, it's bound to be at least solid. I mean, the guy managed to make Riff Raff sound good (he executive-produced his last album, Neon Icon).

So, who knows what he might be able to do with Mad Donna.

I'm not that excited about Avicii, though, because his song is probably going to be some generic EDM anthem.

XTINA save the Pop Music 2014! ;___;

She just needs to make something opposite of Lotus (and actually bother to promote this time) and it'll be OK.

Yado

Mau ®;129753470 said:

Madonna has a way of collaborating with people she thinks are hot at the moment and churning out reductive trash.

I really like Diplo's work, but Madonna's past few albums don't inspire confidence.

IrishNinja

Preach
iw5MF3EPy1QKa.gif

She's truly a gift from Heaven above. I assume you're familiar with her most recent 2010 album Soldier of Love too? AOTY 2010 tbh. It's such a shame she only descends from the clouds to release new material once a decade or so, though that makes it an even more rare gift and combined with her reclusive lifestyle and rare public appearances, she's truly......well...enigmatic :p

damn, i wanna say i saw it on spotify but keep bumping her old classics...will check out now because of this post! and you're right, i should make more of an effort post in here; ya'll are great & i should really get over the loss of kyons <3

Mau ®

Rihanna has to release in 2014 tho. Otherwise it's gonna be a mess with R8 and Home coming out at literally the same time.

tmarques

Mau ®;129753470 said:

I'm confident too. With Hard Candy and especially MDNA, it seemed like Madonna ordered a few songs and squeezed a couple of studio sessions between her work outs to record them. She seems a lot more involved this time around. I also think she realises she can't coast on her past glories forever. We'll see.

Mau ®

Shakira is trash now but she used to be SO.SO.GOOD. Just listening to her Live from Paris album on Spotify is making me cry. I need to see her live again
with a spanish alberm ofc

rude

Banned
Wai[T]. Rih isn't releasing new music until 2 0 1 5. Jfc I can only listen to Pour it Up so many times. Sf semi [ i c o n i c ] @ her making us wait so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom