• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Banned
Gay bashing, fat shaming, disease jokes, racism defending. I've seen [ e v e r y t h i n g ] in this thread. Some of you really need to have a seat, pop a Xanax, and r e c l i n e sfm tbh imo.

And Marina is awful.

Partition

Banned
Gay bashing, fat shaming, disease jokes, racism defending. I've seen [ e v e r y t h i n g ] in this thread.

sadly popgaf has been like this since it started
thing.gif

3phemeral

So anyway what was popgaf's collective opinion of the elusive chanteuse?

Tracks that have passed the test of time for me:
Dedicated
Faded
Supernatural
Make It Look Good
Camouflage
Meteorite
Heavenly
It's A Wrap​

Tracks I don't mind hearing on shuffle:
You Don't Know What to Do
Thirsty
#Beautiful
You're Mine
The Art of Letting Go​

Tracks I've Trashed:
Money
One More Try
Betcha Gon' Know (R.Kelly)
Cry.​

Certified Bops™

Meteorite
Dedicated
Supernatural
It's a Wrap
Thirsty
You don't know what to do

Don't mind listening to but will probably skip

Faded
Make it Look Good
Money
#Beautiful (Because Miguel helped this song)

Completely Skip/Trash

Camouflage
Heavenly
You're Mine
The Art of Letting Go
One More Try
Betcha Gon' Know (R.Kelly)
Cry.

Mau ®

RIhanna was seen shooting the cover for ELLE.

I don't know when or how this happened, but it seems I now stan a full time model. Mmhhm.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
When will she be waking down catwalks though
I'd be here for her serving up some more fierceness like she did for Victoria Secret

Me and my sister was having an argument on whether Rihanna is a "Model". I said yes she is. My sister said no she isn't. Craziest argument I have ever had about Rihanna in my life. I actually defended the notion she was... This was new for me lol.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
eh I still don't really count her as a model
She's a singer and a celebrity which gets her all the spreads but thats what happens to everyone in the public eye

cory64

eh I still don't really count her as a model
She's a singer and a celebrity which gets her all the spreads but thats what happens to everyone in the public eye
Regular celebs don't get multiple high profile magazine covers when they have nothing to promote. That makes her a model to me.

Regular celebs don't get multiple high profile magazine covers when they have nothing to promote. That makes her a model to me.

This was my argument. Matt is saying the same thing my sister was saying.

Normal singers and whomever don't get half the spreads Rihanna gets ever in their career. My sisters whole argument was if she isn't walking down runways, she isn't a model. Nah, she's a model. She gets requested by the best if the best to model their clothes, be on their magazines to cross promote, etc. She is a "Model" by loose definition, but she gets to own the actual occupation.

royalan

I don't think Rihanna is just "getting" all these spreads though. Because not even high profile models get this kind of work as consistently as Rihanna has.

I'm pretty sure Rihanna's people are lobbying for these spreads as a means to keep her face out there. I mean, she's gotta be doing SOMETHING if she's not releasing music. You can't risk completely going away when you're the leader of the pack like Rih is. Sure, there's the Eminem tour, but tours don't provide the same visibility.

That said, I do think Rihanna is a model, because most of her shoots are waaay more involved and high concept than your typical "I'm a singer/actress doing a cover shoot teehee!" Basicness like most of Beyoncé's shoots. Rih gives you LEWKS and clearly takes her shoots very seriously. Plus, she's a legit fashion icon.

Basicness like most of Beyoncé's shoots. Rih gives you LEWKS and clearly takes her shoots very seriously. Plus, she's a legit fashion icon.

Beyonce has actual talent. She doesn't need magazine spreads to hold down her minimum wage job.

But I agree, Rihanna is considered a model in my book. It's something she just can do better than everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom