• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Wait Britney just slayed some vocals and looked 18. What is she up to?

igL3revVixLdR.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So who gets it next year?

Lady Gaga?
Taylor Swift? (probably not, she's a coke ad baby)
Rihanna?
Kellegend Clarkson?

Or someone like Bruno?

I bet they go the older route next year.

maroon 5 i bet
Jwow_is_gagging.gif

The Flop

Banned
Mau ®;150163862 said:
Coldplay better get it next year. Or Imagine Dragons. We need a band.

Rhat blew her chances when she called out NBC (and NFL by association) a few months ago.

Didn't a bunch of them call them out, for them wanting the artists to pay for it. O_O Is it on NBC next year?

cory64

Katy was the perfect motivator for the Patriot's deserved win.

katyperrycrycry.gif

Indeed

Gronkowski needs to show me his peacock, let his colors burst, take me down to the river, keep my heart beating like a drum, say my name like a scripture, come at me like a dark horse, give me something good to celebrate

rude

Banned
Honestly didn't think Katy was that bad. She was just there. She just doesn't have stage presence especially in comparison to Missy.

cory64

Honestly didn't think Katy was that bad. She was just there. She just doesn't have stage presence especially in comparison to Missy.

This is why I'm worried for Rhat's inevitable turn at it. She can only command a stage if she's simulating sex.

royalan

Yeah, you could literally see Katy counting her steps most of the performance. She went out OK, but she clearly wasn't ready for a stage that big. It was especially obvious when Lenny and Missy came out and were completely at ease on that stage (with Missy NAILING her choreo).

Floridian

I need the next SB performance to be Rihanna Ft Kanye and another performer. They're both releasing music this year, both great performers, great collabs, and have a lot of popular appeal.

Yeah, you could literally see Katy counting her steps most of the performance. She went out OK, but she clearly wasn't ready for a stage that big. It was especially obvious when Lenny and Missy came out and were completely at ease on that stage (with Missy NAILING her choreo).
Yeah Missy dominated her performance. It made me go listen to some old tracks from her.

rude

Banned
Katy nowhere in sight :ahh:
Missy stays winning

suqFPPD.png
Lmfaoooooooo. Jfc. Now that's sad.

Katy's track list would have went off if she played last friday night and birthday imo. They're generic (like the rest of her discography) but fun songs. Idg why she did I kissed a girl or firework. Nobody wants to hear that shit.

royalan

I actually enjoyed Lenny singing Kissed a Girl. He made it even sexier than Katy did. I want a full studio version of him doing it.

Katy nowhere in sight :ahh:
Missy stays winning

suqFPPD.png

United States (194)

Songs:

36. Roar
37. Firework
42. Dark Horse
111. I Kissed a Girl
141. This Is How We Do
159. Wide Awake
169. Teenage Dream
173. Hot n Cold
174. California Gurls
196. Firework

Albums:

4. Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection
8. PRISM
10. One of the Boys
11. Teenage Dream
13. PRISM
64. Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection
98. Teenage Dream
108. MTV Unplugged: Katy Perry

you triedT

Missy songs are only getting that big bump because they are pre-digital era. Most Katy songs already sold 6m+ copies.

Poor Fad, Bey, Med...they all got slayed. The ratings will confirm this, Katy is the current Queen of Music.

cory64

Lmfaoooooooo. Jfc. Now that's sad.

Katy's track list would have went off if she played last friday night and birthday imo. They're generic (like the rest of her discography) but fun songs. Idg why she did I kissed a girl or firework. Nobody wants to hear that shit.

I was thinking they would have done the LFN rihmix with Missy. That would have been a better finale.

royalan

Missy's video for Beep Me 911 is one of the most iconic videos of all time, and NONE of the other rap girls have yet to top it for pure creative and swagger.

Anyone who tries to have a "Who's the Queen of Rap?" conversation without mentioning Missy needs to slap themselves.

royalan

Beyoncé's moment was stale af and you know it. It's definitely one of her worst event performances.

Agreed.

Years-old routines/material all over that performance, and she couldn't even hit her marks. Also didn't understand why she performed half the songs she did
But then I remembered that she doesn't have any real hits the public would know outside of Single Ladies kiiiiii

EDIT: Lord, not Partition getting half the Super Bowl thread banned: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150188957&postcount=10052

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom